Woody - Please do us all a favor and call Bill Cowher

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by klecko73, Oct 19, 2008.

1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

At this point...all i want is a HC with a winning pedigree...not another fucking experiment like Eric Mangini. Let's bring in somebody that knows how to fucking win games and knows how to make the right playcalls. I don't care if it's Cowher, Mariucci, Rex Ryan....fuck, I'd even take Mike Martz!!!

2. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

I know. Hey, Tom Cable may be available in the off-season; that is, unless his "interim" tag is removed now that he's notched a big win against the Jets.

3. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Whatever will let us use each player on the roster to the best of his ability. There's no way our WRs and TEs are not good enough to allow Favre to have someone open 15-20 yards downfield for an entire game.....just unbelievable.

There are plays I call on Madden that woul dhave worked better than what we did today.

Oh by the way.....we open the game with 4 short completions to Baker.....after that drive, it did not happen once more for the entire game. Do these coaches not know what the word rhythm means? How about the concept of having go-to plays?

Blew my mind.

All TOm Cable did was have his team play fundamental defence and run straightforward offence....and it was enough to beat us.

The Baker slip will stick out to me as the reason for the loss, but the game should have never gone to overtime.

We'll beat KC by 10 next week then lose to Buffalo by 12+

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

the worst part is...with the 2 million penalties the Raiders took, they pretty much gift-wrapped a win for us...and we still fucked it up....

5. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

I'm not sold on Cowher, he wasn't responsible for the Steelers great drafting while he was there and the heart of those teams were the Dick Lebeau coached defenses. Cowher was at least good, but was he great? No one will know until he tries again, I don't see the reason get that excited about him. And as to making him GM, make Joey Clinkscales, director of college scouting the GM. That way we don't have to worry about losing him and his scouting ability to a team which offers him the GM position. Demote Tanny back down to nerdy numbers guy. See if Clinkscales can spot a good coach as well as he can spot players. Enough of this Tangini stuff, hiring a guy cuz he's your bestest friend is just bush league.

6. hendersg

hendersg New Member

Please Call Someone And Get This Jackass Out Of Here....

7. dbatesman

dbatesman New Member

Other than "soft," you just described every team Bill Cowher ever fielded. He's the Crown Prince of Martyball. Bringing in Cowher only trades our current predicament of regular-season mediocrity for a string of heartbreaking playoff chokes (like, say, 4 AFC Championship Game losses at home).

I'm not at all satisfied with Mangini, but if you want a more inventive gameplan, then forget Bill Cowher.

8. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

:rofl: You're kidding right? You don't think the Jets have been less conservative more unpredictable since Favre's arrival? I think they've done pretty darn good given the time the players have had to adjust to one another. Did you think the guy was just going to come in and learn an entire complicated playbook in a matter of weeks? I'm actually surprised at how effective the team has been given the circumstances.