Carson Palmer out, Ryan Fitzpatrick in at QB for Cincinnati

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ukilledkenny, Oct 10, 2008.

1. uberchink

uberchink New Member

as long as we win i don't care if it's close or a blowout. tight games are the most exciting but a blowout can never be bad either :smile:

2. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Agreed!!

Can't throw a pass from your ass!!

If you run blitz these guys, it will force the young man to short, three step drops. You will also take away the (ahem!) running attack of the Bengals.

Time to have this D step up and show their true colors. They are better than the last couple games have indicated.

3. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

Ryan Fitzpatrick and J. T. O'Sullivan need to get into a drinking contest or something. Or at least pose for a picture as 19th C. bareknuckles boxers.

4. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

Palmer not to start against Jets

Sweeeeet...

5. pollaxt

pollaxt New Member

Jets -8.5 online at the moment. I took the -350 MONEYLINE myself.

6. Mr. Papagiorgio

One report I read made it sound like although Carson won't be starting, he may be the primary backup for the game. The Bengals D is 6th against the pass and 29th against the run, so they don't exactly fit to our strengths. Hopefully, we rattle Fitzpatrick more than we did Cassell. I feel pretty confident we will win, but nothing is a given.

7. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Yeah Cincy did pretty well against Romo and the Dallas receivers outside of that 1 Owens TD. Witten shredded them, but that's a given.

Their pass-rush was good, and they slowed down Barber...

Felix Jones is the guy who gave them trouble.

More Leon then?

8. CleanFernandez

CleanFernandez New Member

Even tho Palmer is out i still hope the jets take this game seriously and play really well. The bengals are hungry for a win but i dont see ryan fitzpatrick winning anything.

9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

We said that about Cassel as well did we not?

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Little difference between the pats and Bengals is there not?

11. Coach K

Coach K New Member

point taken but at the same time BB probably can figure Manginis scheme , reads, and certainly tendencies moreso than the Bengals OC.

the NE game was also one laden with shitty playcalling though. and the bengals have little to no running game. NE does. You have to respect CIN wr duo but id say boldin/fitzgerald are better. I'd also say Chad Johnson is falling off, most jets fans are pessimist so theyll say hes due for a big game, and thats true. but even in the bengals close losing efforts Johnson has yet to look like the player thats good enough to act that goofy.

the bengals d stepped it up last week but over the years even with a supposed defensive coach that team has a knack for missing tackles.

if we play mistake free or at least win the turnover margin by 2 id say this is a safe bet for a win.

cause the only way we lose this in jets fashion would be a penalty marred turnover frenzy to an 0-5 team.

i dont expect to see that though. i think this teams slowly coming together and its showing every week. consistency is still in question but when you have a solid run d and a passing game able to compete in shootouts id say you stand a good chance in any game.

bengals run d? very questionable.

they need to put revis on TJ (more physical reviever likely to have success over a smaller lowrey if the matchup presented itself.)

double chad johnson (lowrey and safety or throw another cb in to really blanket him and force the issue with fitzpatrick)

leaving his main target to be chris henry (a very good slot reciever, hopefully poteat is up to speed cuz hes the only guy i feel comfortable in our slot. )

sure it sounds nice but can we do it? i dont know. but at this point the bengals are a shitty version of the cards. i have way more respect for the cards d than i do the bengals. and the cards offense is alot more consistent.

now people say well we better not have to put up 50+ again, yes i agree, but Im confident this team will not take a step back this week and in summary the only way we drop this game is as previously mentioned, massive penalties or turnovers. nobody wins that way.

12. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Better having Fitzpatrick then Palmer even if he's injured. Lets hit this guy in the mouth early and take either Douchmandazah or Big Mouth Johnson outta this game...

13. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i think his name is Big Mouth Ocho Cinco now, lol

14. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

If you're heading to Vegas, nothing sucks.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

16. flgreen

flgreen New Member

Cassel had little to do with that, The kicking game beat us. Pats started 5 drives on the Jets end of the field. The Jets only started 2 drives outside their own twenty, and none out side the 30.

Missed a 32 yard FG, and Favre wasn't in sync yet. That was really the end of Ben. Cassel blows

17. The jets are NOTRIOUS for allowing first time starting back-up QB's to have field days. Let's hope Sunday isn't another chapter.

18. cucucachu0000

cucucachu0000 New Member

yea im a little nervous about that myself but i do think the jets will take it as long as jenkins stays in the game and they get a turnover from fitzpatrick to get him pissing his pants early