Green Bay fan reaction

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 1969jets, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Ray

Ray New Member

I have yet to hear a single person say that AR is a better player than BF. Thought management and coaching staff were supposed to be about putting the best player on the field.

We've moved on and all that crap, if the Jets think it will work with a totally new team, don't tell me the Packers couldn't have made it work on a team Favre knew inside out.

Sure, there's blame on both sides, what does that matter, it should be about winning.

Here's what I understand, we don't have a very good chance of a successful season, AR likely to get killed by hanging on to the ball too long, in comes 2 rookies.

2. Coach K

Coach K New Member

cause clowney is a track star who showed more than questionable hands while in GB. he had a huge buzz in camp and it flattened just as quick. which is how he ended up on our practice squad.

i think overtime he has been coached up since VT(his college) doesnt incorporate alot of passing so now hes more impressive and has shown it up to his current injury.

3. Ray

Ray New Member

I don't think there was hate for Clowney, just that he was raw, and the Packers are fairly deep at WR.

4. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

There is absolutely nothing wrong with unloading a good player a year to early rather than a year to late. The Packers management thinks that AR is ready and Favre is on the down slope.

The Jets were in the same situation except they don't feel Clemens was ready yet and Favre represented a huge upgrade from our own past his prime on the downside QB.

There is nothing wrong with what Packer management did other than not having the balls to trade Favre in the division to maximize their return value.

5. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

Make no mistake about it.....GB getting rid of Favre was all about ego. Brett pissed them off and they said screw it, we're done with you. They're arrogant enough to think they'll win without Brett. I say they don't.

6. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

Someone posted an article in which McCarthy wasn't sold on Aaron Rodgers when he was coaching in SF. Surprising to see that since I had heard that he wanted SF to draft Aaron.

Anyways.....its nice to see so many Favre fans here. Rooting for the Jets will be easier than rooting for GB this year. The Jets IMO will be playoff bound and GB will not.

7. 1969jets

1969jets Banned

Hey Favre4Ever. Great post! It certainly looks right on the money at this point in the season!

8. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

It's a little more complicated than that. Take it from a guy who actually lives here, not one who just has relatives here. There is a wide range of opinion. As I've said before, I've noticed it tends to correlate with age, but ... I don't see the point of getting into all this again. I think this entire thread is not necessary. I've tried really hard to avoid bringing this very intense Packer debate into the Jets forum, I wish others would too. It doesn't belong here. I would implore other GB migrants such as myself to respect that this is a forum about Jets football, and only about the Packers to the extent that some aspects of Brett's career in Green Bay can illuminate his impact on Jets. IMO comparing Rodgers to Favre does nothing at all in that vein, and is inappropriate. IMO. Let's not wear out our (very kind) welcome here.

Clowney was the GB 2007 5th round draft pick. He was put on PS partly because he was a raw talent who was still dropping a lot of balls, partly because we had a lot of much better options at the time (Drive, Jennings, Jones, Martin, Robinson). Jets hired him of GP PS last year. The Jets think (as Packers did, by putting him on PS) that this raw talent can blossom with time.

That's probably all that's worth saying on these subjects.

#68 puddnhead, Oct 6, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  9. uberchink

uberchink New Member

I hope Clowney ends up being good but I wasn't impressed with him at all when he was in Green Bay.

10. flgreen

flgreen New Member

Bad week for Rogers to lay an egg. Favre has 6 TD's. Oh Lord.

The statement about Clowney is very interesting. Obliviously this fan is unaware that Clowney is a New York Jets player, who most Jets fans are anxiously awaiting to return because his and Favre's skills seem to match up real well on this team.

If in 2 or 3 weeks Clowney and Favre start hooking up for ESPN high light shows, these guys will be jumping off bridges.

Are there any bridges in Green Bay worth jumping off? Ah that's all right seems like they have lots of fire arms

11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I think the Clowney comment has more to do with the fact that Thompson spent a mid round pick for a project practice squad player that is no longer on the team.

I believe there are bridges in Green Bay, my ex was from Ashuabanan (sp) and I know she used to have to cross a bridge to get to school everyday. As far as firearms.... I guess you are implying that people in Green Bay like to hunt.

12. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Favre is gonna make them pay for what the fuck they did.

13. GreenbayJet

GreenbayJet New Member

Being a Packer fan what really surprised me the most was seeing alot of
    Packerpeople turn on Brett...It still amazes me. Wanting to go to AR,I
    don`t have a problem with that. Brett is way past prime(although still -
    very good) but to bash Brett after all the years of service shows no class
    and reeks of someone spoiled. I`m really proud that the Jets went after
    him and they are working really hard to incorporate him into the team.
    No doubt in my mind, the Jets want to win,not just sell tickets and jerseys!

14. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Their QB threw for over 300yds and three TDs I thought?

15. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

Welcome aboard but Im sorry which New Jersey team are u rooting for? All I see is a New York team.

16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Heh! It will take some of these guys a bit of time to learn the ropes here, but that's ok.

Puddin above made reference to this being a Jet forum, and the Packer/Jet fans, and all permutations thereof, he said should respect that. Fwiw I began liking the Pack when I admired Favre from afar, and was happy to root for them in their SB win, I was even hoping they won last year through the playoffs, including against the Giants (although wow Burress sure had a great game).

Now that Favre came to the Jets, though, how well Rodgers does or doesn't do is not really a concern of mine. I still along with most fans of football have respect for the unique nature of the Green Bay franchise, but it does seem to be taking a bit of a beating.

I guess the bottom line is I for one can understand the anguish Green Bay fans are going through. It is not surprising they all want to hash it out.

Having said that, this is a Jets forum, and there's a lot to consider right here.

That about covers it.

17. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing he's talking about the Jets since Favre is here. They play in New Jersey, remember? :)

18. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

Good guess, thanks I was confused.

19. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Giants Stadium
    Stadium Rd & W Peripheral Rd
    East Rutherford, NJ 07073

Atlantic Health Jets Training Center
    Park Avenue
    Florham Park, NJ 07932

All I see is New Jersey...

20. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

So because a lot of people from Jersey follow the Jets and they play there that makes them a Jersey team? I guess the Giants are a Jersey team also then. Or we have the following........

A) The New York Jets AND Giants play in Jersey because there was more room for a stadium and practice facilities, not to mention cheaper property, and

B) Jersey doesnt have a team of their own and so the many fans that want to follow a team migrate to the closest thing

Yeah I see your point I guess they are a Jersey team. :rofl:

Now Im not bashing the Jersey fans, I know there are plenty of you but dont be silly. Just because a lot of fans in say Iowa for example may latch onto the packers doesnt make them the Iowa packers.