Where the **** is the crowd?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsLookingforDWare, Sep 28, 2008.

1. sect105

sect105 New Member

Agree 1 Million %. Many people that DO NOT go to the games do not understand the effort, that it takes to go to these games. For the majority of us, we wake up early, prepare for a family or friends day. Spend time making food, packing the car. Getting there early to avoid traffic. Last game it was a thousand degrees, this game was pouring rain. Pack the stuff before the game, go inside for three hours, then spend another couple of hours going home.

I guarantee that half the people that always complain, do not go to the games, They Wake up at Noon, turn on the TV, then say wow, this crowd sucks from what I see from my couch.

As the years have gone on , there have been more and more "nomads" that are there. You never seen them before, and never will again. They come late and leave early.

2. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

we left at 7 and it took us 2 hours to get home, so please enlighten me. i take the gw bridge then the cross island. i've tried going through the city, and that doesn't help at all. i think it was the rain too that was causing so much traffic.

3. JCAMPS

JCAMPS New Member

they wanted to go catch the great Met collapse and watch the closing cermony of Shea.......

4. Gator

Gator Active Member

17N outta the stadium. Bear left at the Bendix diner onto 46. Goes right to the bridge avoiding the turnpike completely. Don't tell anyone else. :)

5. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

thanks but its mostly after the bridge thats the problem for me. its like once u get to new york the traffic increases by 75%. thats why we always just stay and tailgate, might as well have a good time with the family.

6. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

Was very dissappointed too ..i stayed to the final whistle....that place was absolutely empty like we just lost or something ...Farve having a record game and there is no one there to cheer...pathetic!! But yet you go out to the parking lot after the game and its packed! WTF! Stay in and cheer your team off the field!

7. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Everytime I see the Giants on TV, it looks like the
    stadium is packed. Watching it on TV, even the 1st half, looked
    like a lot of empty seats in the stadium. We were all
    talking about it at the bar.

8. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Likely due to the downpour before the game started... I wonder hwo many people are Jets/Mets fans, and said "screw it, I'll stay home and watch both, I don't wanna drive 4 hours.

I just hate how the people in front of me ALWAYS are opposing teams' fans.

9. steviep

steviep Active Member

I am a jet season ticket holder at the top of 323. There are many different people each week. I get the feeling that brokers and other non jet fans bought the tickets years ago -- and just sell them. The people behind me are ALWAYS the other teams fans.

That being said, it is an absolute nightmare to get in and out of the stadium We turn off our car for an hour getting out of the garage after the NE game. Literally, no one was moving. That means for a 4 oclock from Suffolk must leave at latest 12 (if you are not tailgating) -- 10 if you are. Stay till 700 - 730 for game and then home by 1030 -- 11.

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I guess this subject has to come up every year and I guess I have to ask this question every year. For those of you constantly complaining about the fans in attendance, why are you guys sitting on your couches and not at the game?

11. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

I think it also has to do with NY not being a true football town. NY is more of a baseball and basketball town. The Yankees, Mets and Knicks (at least when the Knicks were competent) all have excellent home crowds (and the Giant home crowds are better too....probably due to the proximity of the fan base to the stadium). In places like Washington, Pittsburgh, Chicago, KC and Denver, football is king....everything else is a nice distraction. The percentage of diehard Jet fans is comparably small. So, we get 20,000 rabid fans for games and the rest are duds. I'm not saying that those that go and cheer (and even those that go and don't cheer) are to blame....I just think that this team does not have any home field advantage. End of story.

12. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

yea at times i was wondering if the giants were playing cuz i saw all the red seats...i mean shit...our fans act as if were 1-15 and no shot at the playoffs...yea slow start 1-2...but i mean come on 2nd home game of the season and we cant even make noise..i heard the jets chant once on tv...were 2-2 and play the bengals off the bye...theres no reason we cant win at home and no reason why our fans shouldnt be excited and screaming

13. jc10

jc10 New Member

This is going to go off on a tangent but...

First and foremost, i was at the game the entire time there yesterday and was not quiet. That being said, there is some skinny geek with glasses in section 320 that brings this loud referee-like whistle to the game and blows it instead of cheering or yelling.

This may not sound like much, but it is loud, obnoxious, and is not a substitute for being loud at a football game. The guy should go to a soccer game and get hit with a flare in his pupil, then hung from his section by the same whistle that he wears around his neck.

Anyway, not sure if anyone noticed this guy. But i hate him.

14. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

At the bar, there you go. So you didn't help the situation either now, did you? :grin:

15. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

not to make any excuses, because i don't know how many Jet/Met fans there are.....but there was kind of an important baseball game yesterday that trumped the Jet game (I mean i had to choose and sadly chose the Met game to attend.......bad choice)......haven't really gotten to watch the whole tape of the Jet game.....but the weather, the Met game and the Cardinals definitely would have contributed to a certain lack of enthusiasm.....if there truly was one. I would expect a much more pumped crowd at the next home game as we go full out into football season and say buh bye to the sad baseball season (for both teams)

16. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

I live in FL.

17. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I noticed, that's why I put the :grin: in there. Still, drive up, man.

18. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Maybe it's just me, but, whatever game I watch on Fox, the crowds always sounds dull to me. It might just be the channel lowering crowd noise so you can hear the great idiot Aikman and Joe Buck. ESPN MNF is probably the best in terms of capturing the crowd noise, then comes CBS, NBC and last...FOX.

I lost my voice yesterday and stayed til the very end. Celebrated our 1st home win w/ Favre as QB--and celebrated well (and I'm paying for it now at work). I thought our section (sect 139) kicked ass. Too bad it didn't translate well on tv.

#78 rmagedon, Sep 29, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  19. sect105

sect105 New Member

I watch every game via NFL Sunday Ticket Shortcuts, and as far as fans go, it is the same in practically every NFL city. With the exception of a few like the bad side St. Louis etc. and some other bad clubs

Fans are not there at Kick off! - maybe some are better than others, But for the Most part fans come late.

Fans are not back for start of 3rd Qtr. Game after game, you see stands empty. So much now, that oppsing teams are deferring the coin toss and taking the ball at halftime on the road. Yesterday, the Chiefs (Who some call one of the best football fans), had the Stadium Empty 3rd Qtr vs a division rival.

Fans Leave Early, look at almost any game, you will see the crowd thin out, especially if the game has already been decided middle 4th Qtr.

20. JetsLookingforDWare

1. I'd be at the game if I could get my hands on some tickets.

2. I wouldn't give too much of a fuck about traffic cause traffic is part of um...every sporting event.

3. The Giants fans don't seem to have the same problem...cause I hear them and I see them and I know they're there. So TF is our problem as a fanbase?

For a group of people that expects so much from their team and their coaches...at least enough to criticize and boo on a weekly basis (if they can help it)...I don't see that passion in the seats. Week in and week out. Makes you wonder...if people only take the team seriously enough to kind of show up and bash the team...then why would the team take itself seriously?

The worst part is, the Jets very obviously showed they wanted to be taken seriously this offseason. We've played hard for 4 games, and every game before that under Mangini. Fans here don't appreciate hard work because hard work is boring...wins right?

Hopefully we win some and they start showing up and sticking around.

#80 JetsLookingforDWare, Sep 29, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2008