Make a statement

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ScotlandJet, Sep 22, 2008.

1. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

After watching the Dolphins dismantle the Pats last night I'm even more annoyed about our play calling last week. The Pats were there for the taking and we let them dictate the game.

I don't want to labour over last week but it's time to step up and make a statement tonight. I hear Jets fans saying they expect a defeat tonight but "don't worry", our next few games we can expect some wins. Forget it. Lets start tonight in SD. The Chargers best players are either out or struggling with fitness. If we can't make a statement tonight with a retooled offensive line and a defence looking pretty sharp it would appear this early in the season that we don't have confidence to make a real push for the play offs and make an impact. Coaching staff put up or shut up.

I want a win and I want NFL fans to start thinking we are the real deal. Lets make a statement tonight.

2. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

There will always be nay-sayers. Even if you blow San Diego's doors off, you'll read about how they looked bad without Merriman or how Tomlinson (whom I REFUSE to call LT) was injured or how they just don't look the same this year. Welcome to life as a New York sports fan.

3. ElleBlue

ElleBlue New Member

The coaching staff needs to let Favre be Favre. Last week I did not see the Favre that I've always known. The plays were based on playing not to lose instead of playing to WIN.

4. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

Just as the coaching staff must adjust to Favre, he must adjust to them as well. You might not see Favre just as you're used to, but it still should be closer than it is. I think he'll be more Favre-esque as the season goes on.

5. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

If the Phins had played the Pats at home last week instead of us, I think the result would have been the same.
    We sit here with hindsight, and yes its easy during a game to scream for a pass, but its Manginis' ass and ultimately call.
    What our game against the Pats did was highlight to other teams how ready the Pats are to be taken to the cleaners. The Phins to their credit did just that.
    The games gone, we lost it. Bad calls and all, lets move on.

6. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Chad "adjusted" and beat NE.:eek:hmy:

7. Atopps

Atopps Member

At least it would be better than if we lost to a team without merriman and an injured LT and all the rest.

8. jcjet

jcjet Member

Exactly...but he was familiar with their offense and used to changing the offense every few years. Also when your running back runs for 4 TD's as well as catches one it does make his job a lot easier.

#8 jcjet, Sep 22, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

chad adjusted himself while Brown did the heavy lifting.

10. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

would be alot easier for us jet fans if WE were sporting some jewelry from the last 20+ years or so......

jil

11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

IMO the jets are walking a fine line here and if they lay another egg in SD, the cardinal game becomes a must win to remain competitive in the AFC east......

trouble is the cardinal game is not a gimme as nearly 99% of the posters thought when posting W-L records before the season.

jil

12. 624

624 Banned

lets go for the 2nd half sneak onside kick!