Coach ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Gloom N Doom, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Gloom N Doom

Gloom N Doom Member

There's been a lot of talk about poor play calling and CS errors costing us the last game. If you're going to blame the CS, then who could do better ?

What currently available (or not) coach is out there that you think could fire up this team with the current roster and drive them to the playoffs ?

2. Bosko

Bosko Guest

Cheese whiz!!!

WTF... The Jets are 1-1 after losing one game to a team that went 16-0 last year. And NOW you want to know who should replace the coach???

I was castigated (yes, it's a word, look it up!) by many members of this board when, during the preseason, I suggested that Mangini might not be a very good coach. Likewise, I was criticized because I did not think Chad Pennington was a good QB.

So if these same people do not kick your ass for suggesting something as stupid as finding a new coach after two games? I give up.

Anyhow, get a grip dude. Like I have said before, it's thsie three games after the bye week that will decide the season. If Manweenie screws those games up? He has to go. Of course.

And then after that... You'll have to tell me what HC candidate is so much better. And I doubt you will be able to. Because you are THROWING IN THE TOWEL AFTER ONE FREAKIN' LOSS!!!

Fer cryin' out loud!!! Are all Jets fans this dumb?

3. Gloom N Doom

Gloom N Doom Member

Listen "Dude",
    No one's throwing in the towel or calling for regime change.
    I was only responding to the almost dozens of threads saying that the CS was the reason we lost on Sunday. With so many people blaming the CS, I just want to know who they think can do a better job with this roster.

With so many people shoveling shit at the CS, I think it's a fair question. I'm not castigating (Yeah, I know the word, asshole) the staff, I just want to hear all the expert opinions on this board. You obviously missed the gist (You can look that up) of the question as a means of fomenting discussion. Personally, I think the pickings are slim out there.

So are all Jets fans this dumb ? No. It's probably just you.

#3 Gloom N Doom, Sep 16, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  4. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Aside from Cowher, I could see giving Brian Billick a shot.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

We cannot afford another regime change. In the past few years we have gotten rid of excellent players that didn't fit the new scheme and the last thing we need is to bring in another CS w/ another new scheme and then have to get rid of certain good players we have now. We have been in this cycle all decade. I HATE what I have seen out of Mangini, it seems he has done nothing but regress since his first year but he is still a young HC and still learning and we have to grow w/ him.

6. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

You're right, Mangini sucked in pass protection.

7. Bosko

Bosko Guest

Make up your mind!!!

Let me see if I got this straight...

Isn't that a call for a new head coach? And didn't I call that a ridiculous idea? Cheese whiz!!!

WTF... The Jets are 1-1 after losing one game to a team that went 16-0 last year. And NOW you want to know who should replace the coach??? Thast's known as "sabotaging the front office" where I come from.

But now you say you are backing off your original statement that asks for a new head coach? Or are you?:
    "I was only responding to the almost dozens of threads saying that the CS was the reason we lost on Sunday. With so many people blaming the CS, I just want to know who they think can do a better job with this roster."
    -----

Get this, "dude":
    I think it's WAY to early to call for replacing the head coach of the Jets... And I am the charter member of the "Fire Mangini" club! But for now? We need to support this guy. We need the Mangini/Tannenbaum plan to work, and for this management team to lead the Jets team on the field to some wins.

I get the feeling you're way too young to understand this stuff... But basically, at this stage of the game, whether you like Mangini or not, you want the Jets to win games... IF you are a fan. If we are to have a good season? It means we need some stability.

The last thing true Jets fans want to do is float rumors about this guy or that who could take over the team. That's known as "undermining" the current team management.

Damn! And people called ME a "Patriots troll?"
    Get with the program, Jets fans!
    Stop being NEGATIVE!

8. glenn212

glenn212 New Member

Great idea Brian billick whose team turned against him during last season..super idea..Losing to team that went 18-1 is a firing fodder..really.The whole AFC East is getting fired..Players made mental mistakes but that 10 mile wide gap is closing quickly between Jets and Pats and we are a hell of a lot younger then the Pats..Check out Cowher's record his first few years..Assine post

9. sackexchange

The gap is closing??? Really?? That's not what I saw Sunday. I saw a Jets team that looked totally overmatched and underprepared that got taken to school by a team that was without their star QB. Say what you will about closing the gap, this Jets team is not ready to compete with the Patriots and contend for a championship.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Underprepared? yes. Overmatched? Not even close. The gap clearly has been closed, we need to clean up the STs and we'll be really good. NE is going to have issues offensively, they won't be starting drives at the 40 all the time every game. We are still adjusting to a QB we acquired a litle over a month ago. We are not doomed b/c we lost Sunday, we have issues but correctable issues.

11. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Cowher. If they fail this year, he will be available

12. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

Cowher has some positives but overall I don't think so. First of all, he was stupid enough to go with (damn, spacing on name, QB, quick guy, you know who I'm talking about) for years before Big Ben.

He's a smash-mouth kinda guy and thats good, but the game is evolving rapidly to a more complex thinking game.

He's outgunned when it comes to brains--my opinion. I like him as an assistant coach.

13. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

cordell stewart? neil o'donnel....they both suck equally

14. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

15. sackexchange

Assistant coach??! There's no way he comes out of retirement to be anything but a HC. As much as I'd love to have him, I cannot see him jumping at the chance to coach the Jets. For some reason, this is not one of the most coveted coaching jobs in the NFL.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Bring in a good 3-4 regime with a GM or coach who wants to run the scheme and knows WTF they are doing. This kiddie corps shit that we're living through right now is not going to get the job done. Tannenbaum is a Madden GM. Mangini is just clueless about how to lead men. Looking at 2006 and what they accomplished that year turns the two statements above on their head, but 2006 is a long time ago now and all the accumulated evidence from 2007 and 2008 says it's true.

17. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

your never going to help those that read with green glasses on to turn on the light bulb.
    remember all the talk and articles written about how much better the talent on the oline was going to improve the offense and help the qb??? the patriots front surely didn't get manhandled by this new and improved oline, now did it???

we are an improved team from last season (4-12), just not 12-4 improved as many on this board have predicted!!!!!!!!!

18. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

^^I respect a lot of things you say but have to disagree with you on Tannenbaum. Couldn't ask for a better acquirer of talent. He's provided the troops necessary to win.
    If Mangini cannot win with this team, it will be interesting to see if Tannenbaum fires him. If not, then, you're right, Tannenbaum would have to go too.

19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Against Patriots minus Brady, yes.

If Brady was there throwing the rock... I don't want to think about that.

20. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I'd say Charlie Weis, but he's got a torn ACL and MCL. Maybe we should see how he runs after rehab.