Ray Lucas just said it best on Jets Post Game Live..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Tight

Tight Active Member

The offense looked stagnant, dead. As if they wanted to be elsewhere... Brett doesnt look interested.. The D are bussing their ass doing whatever they can.. Only three people looked like they wanted to do anything on offense tonight... Cotch, leon, and jones....

2. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

So true but still we have got to have better protection. They won the battle at the line. Just look at that 3 runs from 3rd &3. Pathetic. Maybe they learned from that TD to Stuckey.

3. 40yrpatsfan

40yrpatsfan Member

Jets had a great drive early in the 4th, but then NE's D adjusted and took those plays away the next drive.

The Pats' D is tough. They rarely give up more than 10-13 points. Hobbs and Seymour are healthy, Thomas is back at OLB where he belongs, Bruschi's all the way back, Meriweather is ready, Deltha O'Neal and Sanders were good pickups at corner. Throw in Wilfork, Vrabel, Harrison, and the other DL's, and they're pretty dominant. NE is also much stronger at RB this year and the OL is solid.

You just underestimated them, Cassell or not.

4. Coach K

Coach K New Member

posted this in another thread, in bold is overall thought on the team, nonbold basically penalty related to this game.

football is about momentum. we never seized the oppertunity to win. and furthermore, I'm not concerned about the talent level of this team anymore.(aside from trench depth) I think the problems are just blatantly playcalling and overall coaching to be very honest.

and while excuses mean nothing, the penalties called on us and at the point in the game they were called means everything. im sorry that off PI call seemed lame ive seen that play 100 times cotch goes to box out and o neal uses arms to stop him its a half and half action and 9 times out of 10 that gets called on DEF. roughing the passer? sorry no question, bogus.

and i just decided to stop counting on some obvious holds. really was stupid

the only blatant penalties i remember us committing without question were the offsides and the facemask.

furthermore the panic might be worthy but i stress this, only cause of a appearant lack of a solid gameplan i dont know if its that or manginis inability to take control of his team and make adjustments.

im not bagging mangini or calling for his job but he better get his shit together, i dont care, take over defensive playcalling if you must, this is your fucking job. your team, your system. make it fuckin happen.

a complete lack of spreading the field out against the thin depth of a patriot defensive backfield early in the game when the OL was giving him good time to throw, telegraphed run plays, schottys fingerprints are all over that too.

we simply got outcoached,

5. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I'd agree - there was very little imagination on offense. It seems that everytime there is an incomplete pass on first down the next play called is a run. This is something that I've noticed for years.

Favre was put in bad situations too often. Also, that INT was a killer (expecially after the PI call) and really a bad throw on his part. Those two plays were definitely momentum killers.

6. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

A QB Who has actually played in the NFL.

Who the fuck are we?

If anything, his opinion has more credibility then ours do :wink:

7. BRUSCHI54

BRUSCHI54 New Member

lol.. good stuff

8. Traveling

Traveling New Member

The INT wasn't the best pass, but I rewatched the play and a couple of things happened. First, there was pressure in his face that may have affected the pass somewhat. The other was that the Patriots defender made it look like he was going to cover the underneath guy, but then dropped back.

Overall, I thought it was an okay day for Favre. The offense really couldn't find any consistency with the penalties and such. I think the Patriots made an effort to cover Cotchery, who seems to be Favre's favorite receiver so far.

9. N.Y. Johnny

N.Y. Johnny Member

Mangini and co. used to have a crutch with Pennington's weak arm to lean on, but thats out the window now. Why Favre isn't gunning and doing more than dink and dunk is beyond me. Its pathetic coaching. Why does Belichek have a new guy coordinating over there and doing well with Brady's back up? Poor coaching on the Jets side, and BB always brings it out.

10. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

Favre is fu*king great!! Fu*k that sh*t about blaming Favre. He made many good plays and moved in the pocket well. He can't do everything.
    On the plus side, the second time we got down inside the five, we spread the offense and it worked great--with a great touch pass to Stuckey.

11. steviep

steviep Active Member

Mangini-itis

In his first year -- he seemed to be absolutely sharp as a tack. the team was disciplined. They knew the rules. they quick counted when appropriate -- they beat people onto the field and caused time outs. They entered the 4th q with al lthe times outs. it was a welcome change from herm who was always confused.

Last year, mangini slipped. Got more conservative, etc.

This year -- already -- I knew that the pats were going to bring the punt team in AGAin, but the jets looked perplexed. Thats something we should do to other teams. Pathetic.

I think when he became a celeb he lost his edge.