Favre! WOW! Playoff type of team here!~

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TampaBayJetsFan85, Sep 7, 2008.

1. TampaBayJetsFan85

The first play of the 2nd seires in the 1st quarter put me in shock as a Jets fan... Favre to Cotchery, Simply amazing!

We really have a freaking team this year, we really have an amazing QB...Peace out Pennington, I wont miss your dink and dunk offesne!

Our run defense is also looking solid here in the 1st half, Dwight Lowery is playing solid which is huge because if Lowery can make plays...With Revis and Rhodes...We also have an elite secondary.

Man...I been calling this team a playoff type of team since the draft...These guys are showing that we can compete here in 08! Dolphins are the Dolphins, a below average team but still...I like what I see

2. AussieJet

AussieJet New Member

I did see that TD pass... awesome!!

Very promising start to the year!

3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

The best minute of my life as a Jet fan Favre hits Cotchery on the bomb and my friend texts me about Brady's knee injury!:beer:

4. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

Tampa Bay Jets: Not trying to pick a fight but not yet, cannot win in this league without a kicker and I am not convinced Nugent is it.

Once Coles and Favre get used to each other watch out, reminds me of Holt and Bruce combo in St. Louis a few years ago. Add in Stuckey and maybe one or two others and this team has weapons. Jones looks good to go.

But no kicking, no playoffs, its as simple as that.

5. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Fortunately, replacing a kicker is easier to do than replacing a QB.

6. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

JETS = Best Team Eeeeeeeverrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

7. ElleBlue

ElleBlue New Member

Yes, Favre was amazing. That's the Favre I know! I'm so glad Favre is meshing with the team and great things are happening. He and Cotchery seem to have chemistry already. I feel bad for Nugent. I guess they will have to replace him.

8. NYJ4LF

NYJ4LF Member

I am quite pleased with what I saw yesterday. The deep ball TD pass was something we have not seen from a NYJ quarterback in quite some time. It is a great feeling, but to be a realist, we cannot judge our entire season by one game. It was a great win and I'm excited to tell my friends that the Jets are undefeated (lol) but let's just hope that things continue to go our way and we have a great year. Yesterday's game was definitely exciting and does show a lot of promise.

:jets:

9. yem

yem New Member

I love Chad but there is NO WAY he makes the plays Bret made yesterday. It's very apparent the dynamic Favre brings to an offense. He knows how to keep drives alive. I expect Thomas Jones to have a huge year. Something this team has never had. Well since Broadway Joe.

10. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

Career:
    Lawrence Tynes 91 FGM 114 FGA 79.8%
    Mike Nugent 75 FGM 92 FGA 81.5%

From 40+ yards?
    Lawrence Tynes 28 FGM 43 FGA 65.1%
    Mike Nugent 20 FGM 31 FGA 64.5%

Mike Nugent is a slightly better kicker than the one who won the SuperBowl last year. I worry not.

11. Popeye's Army

Popeye's Army New Member

Favre was much better than I imagined he'd be after 1 month of practice. He seemed to have no trouble with the offense at all. His arm strength and game savy more than compensated for any lack of specific knowledge of our offensive system. He was the Brett Favre I saw in GB last year.

Imagine what he'll be like as he gets to know our offense better . . .

12. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

I think the 2 td's had alot more to do with Favre and luck than anything. He really sold that fake handoff. He should get a freaking oscar for that. The second td pass was pure luck. Without Nugents "Injury" and His retarded arm that pass never would have happened.

Both plays were a thing of beauty but I think the offense as a whole needs to gel and as Favres familiarity with his receivers and the playbook grow we will be amazing on offense.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

One week of play... lets remember that... I'm not celebrating the win anymore. Sunday is over, I'm looking towards the Pats. One game at a time.

Lets use the logic of the players we watch on sunday.

14. JETSFANDC

JETSFANDC New Member

WASHINGTON, DC JETS FANS (And All Fans, please help)

The local Washington, DC affiliate intends to air the Ravens-Texans game next Sunday, as opposed to Jets-Pats. Please consider sending an email (feel free to use the email below) to ahorlick@wusa9.com asking that the station reconsider its programming.

I am writing to urge you to reconsider your NFL game schedule for this Sunday. Your web site indicates that you are showing the Ravens-Texans game at 4:15; I urge you to show the Jets-Patriots games instead.

The Jets-Patriots game has far more national and local appeal, especially with the return of Brett Favre. And, Jets-Patriots is a storied rivalry that all football fans appreciate. There is little local interest in the Ravens game, as WUSA is a Washington station, not a Baltimore station.

*Sorry, I don't have enough posts to create my own thread -- mods, please feel free to move to new thread. Thanks to all*

Please give Washington viewers the chance to see the game that is far more interesting and exciting.

#14 JETSFANDC, Sep 8, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Well said. I can't wait for the pats game now.

16. Iowajetsfan

Iowajetsfan New Member

I am as happy as anyone to see the Jets play well and start 1-0.But am I the only one who is scared that this team (coaches included) do not know how to finish a team off.We let some games go last year that we were leading late,and we darn near let this on go.This needs to be addressed.When I see the this team put nails in some coffins I will feel much better.The future is looking brighter though.

17. Popeye's Army

Popeye's Army New Member

from Peter King's SI blog:

"A couple of times, I just winged it and said, 'Hey guys, same play.' OK, ready, break, whatever.''

-- Brett Favre, on improvising during his first non-Green Bay start of his 277-game starting streak, a 20-14 Jets win at Miami.

18. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I would not start beating the playoff tomtoms yet. We only beat Miami; we should have beaten Miami if we are going to call ourselves contenders. Of concern is that it was not a convincing victory. A W is a W, but we clearly showed a little rust still.

I did like that we stopped the run well. For early in the season, that is good.

While I am very happy with the W, there is room for improvement.

19. Ray

Ray New Member

Whether you like that, or don't, that is Brett Favre all the way.

Like I said when the Jets got him, brilliant, or horrible, you will never be bored!! You will also have hope, that if he is on, any game can be won.That 2nd TD was a good play, it's 4th down, nothing to be lost, why not throw it up there, with some guy hanging all over you, see if somone can make a play. and what do you know, someone did. :rofl:

20. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

i second that. our pass protection was very shaky and we had far too many false starts and holding penalties. i realize its hard to go to the hard count cause brett doesn't have much time with the O, but i hope that comes sooner rather then later. even with the fumble it was on bad pass protection. so like you say i am very happy with the win but its FARRRRR to early to call us a lock for the playoffs.