Week # 1 Dolphins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Jetskilla66

Jetskilla66 New Member

I think some of us are getting way to cocky about this game. This will not be an easy game at all. We need to shut down Ronnie Brown AND Ricky Williams and I just dont know if our defense can do that. Chad Pennington is most successful with a good run game and hes got that in Miami. And for those saying that their defense is horrable, maybe you should take a look at all of their pre-season games, there defense looked pretty upgraded from last year to me. I still think we win, but by no means an easy win.

2. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Uh huh, so basically everything that was wrong with the Jets was Pennington and no way in hell he goes somewhere else and plays better, cause basically the Jets were simply dominant everywhere but the QB position. Got it.

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Dude, the Dolphin game is first. We need to win that one first or else it will not be the same against the N.England

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

First off, our team last year had more talent then your team this year so how is Chad going to be better?
    Chad is an upgrade over what you had so you should be happy but he's limited in what he can do physically and he never ever wins a game for you. We were just excited to see Chad go as we were in getting Favre. For this game, I must admit, I am a little worried because of his familiarity but in the end, we just have so much more talent. You gonna Love Tuna running your team but its going to be year 3 before you are over .500.

5. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

So the 4-12 07 Jets were more talneted then the Dolphins now? Lord have mercy, some fans just refuse to be relaistic.

6. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Ok, so I'll go along with your idiotic logic that the Jets, talent wise, were only 3 games better than Miami last year. Then let's go back 2 years. What was the Fins record? 4-12. The Jets were 10-6. So yes, I would say that the last 2 years the talent of the Jets was clearly better than a team that won 5 games over the same span. Other than the RB's, I'll be happy to go down your roster against the Jets and you'll LOSE every single position battle. Speaking of, compare the coaches as well...

Trust me on this too, I live in S Florida and hear NOTHING but 'unrealistic' fin fans every day, 24-7. Take for example the morons hyperventilating because the fins shut out a HORRIBLE Chiefs team. Beating maybe the worst team in the league this season all of a sudden accounted for 5 more wins during the regular season. Lord have mercy, only fin fans could be so unrealistic.

7. PennyRoyal10

Alright, I missunderstood this a bit. Sorry for the rant in the first paragraph.

I stand by the second paragraph though. LOL

8. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Yeah, but I've not been unrealistic about anything. I've given the Jets their props, so don't act like it's just Dolphin fans that are a bit over the top about their team. Cause you'll find that in every state that has a NFL franchise.

As for a few of the posts in this thread about Pennington and being a Dolphin. I have not said one word about what he "will be" in Miami. Just that I find it amusing that Jet fans assume Chad will fail here because he didn't lead the Jets to the SB in NY. I don't think anyone is psychic, so I'm 100% sure no one knows the outcome of Pennongton in Miami.

I think there are a few Jet fans who won't admit it, but deep inside some don't like the idea of Chad being in Miami, so rather then think the Dolphins could have actually improved, those Chad haters would rather just remember the negative about Chad and focus only on that, then apply the bad only to what we as Dolphin fans can expect.

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's right. Who the hell are you to get cocky with me when your team was 1-15 last year. You have absolutlely no chance of being a good team this year, not in our division, not with that team. You are just all pumped up from the pre season, the Tuna and Chad hype. Tuna came in for us after 2 years of Rich Kotite so we know what its like to suck and we know he's not looking for a one year fix, he builds with year 3 in mind. Half of your team is stop gaps, the other good young players. You might win 3 buddy. I stand-by statement!!!!!!!!!

10. PennyRoyal10

I completely agree with everything that you stated here, except the part about 'the other good young players' part. There's nothing that says they'll be good. Just because Tuna picked them? I remember more than a few clunkers on Tuna's watch. Keep in mind when he came to the Jets the cupboard's were nowhere near as bare as in Miami right now. Whatever, it's a rite of passage down here. It's the surest way to know football is upon us down here in S Florida. If I had a dollar for every time I've heard completely un-realistic fin fans harping about how good the team is going to be, I wouldn't be sitting here typing this, I'd have enough money to have bought the team from Woody by now...

11. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yes. For 8 games your starting Qb was playing for our teamm,on a bum leg....and most of the bad losses came on poor throws late in games, when it is reasonable to think he was wearing down.

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Clearly the Phins have improved. Parcells and Chad? I fully expect that to lead to a 300-400 percent increase in your win total.

13. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

We'll see.

14. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

Phins may have 70% new bodies doesn't mean they are all quality. They have not had enough time to work together. 1st game of the year, Jets by 2 scores.

15. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Once again, we ran for only six TDs total as a team last year--one was by Chad and another by Clemens. That's why we were bad in the red zone. If you can't run for a yard and the other team knows it, it's a lot tougher on your QB.

16. Bosko

Bosko Guest

Don said:
    You sound so terrified that if I was you, I would hide in the closet until the game is over.

Look, the Dolphins pose little or no threat to a team as talented as the Jets are this year. If I were in your position (worrying about the 'Fins and Chad), I'd be more worried about what the Jets pass rush are going to deliver to that immobile QB...

17. JetsLookingforDWare

Duh dude. If you knew anything about football, its that the QB is the be all end all of all things ever.

You guys have no shot with a *noodle arm* at QB. Just sayin.

#57 JetsLookingforDWare, Aug 30, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  18. GreenMachine

Possibly. But the 08 Jets are much more talented than the 08 Phins.

QB-Jets
    RB-Phins
    O-Line-Jets
    WR-Jets
    TE-Jets
    D-Line-Jets
    LB-Wash
    Secondary-Jets
    ST-Jets

19. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 New Member

Should be an interesting game...I expect if we (Dolphins) lose it will be do to the youth on the team...not saying I expect to win what I expect is to not see a "soft" team like we had last year that alone will make me happy..I would expect a 6 or so win season as well and after last year ill gladly take it with hope for the near future.

for you guys I REALLY like the Jenkins move if he can stay healthy you should have a huge turnaround in your rush D and I will be rooting for you against NE...they have become enemy #1 for me...hope we have a nice injury free game.

and keep an eye on Donald Thomas guys are saying he blocks like he is holding a pair of jumper cables...Im sure he will get beat because he is Raw but Im hoping he can Bury Wilfork in the Dirt a few times Im pretty sure he wont be able to handle Jenkins yet tho :).

20. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 New Member

Im also very much looking forward to Faneca kicking the snot out of Wilfork this year...If you hadnt noticed I cant stand that POS.