Jets to release PSL info at noon today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Buldawg, Aug 26, 2008.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I do not know this for sure but I believe they have some way of denoting the season tix holders who go back to the 60s since in the SB lottery they get 2 chances to win seats vs 1 chance for all other season tix holders

2. z28lt1

z28lt1 New Member

I'm surprised out how much complaining there is going on here. Everyone was complaining last month about how much PSLs are going to be. Now there are 27k seats without PSL's. Which likely means this:

If you have lots of seniority and a good seat, you have the option of keeping a similar seat, with a high ticket price and/or PSL, OR you can just about pick where you want to sit with known price levels, since you'll be first in line for most seats. You can have great seats for lots of cash, or be upstairs on the sidelines for a reasonable price.

If you don't have any seniority, you can probably have great seats at a high cost. You many not have the option of the upstairs seats for cheap. While that part sucks, I think we could agree that it is fair that the higher seniority folks get first choice. You can still get tickets, or go back on the waiting list where you were a few years ago.

The biggest unknown is probably the people like me, the in-be-tweeners. Without seeing any seniority chart we don't know how bad it is. I've had tickets since 92 (but never moved seats, as I like mine - row 4 of the upper deck). I suspect/hope I'll still be able to stay in the cheap seats, but I'm sure my seats will get much higher than they are now. Those that got tickets in the mid 90's timeframe may be the ones getting most screwed, as they may not be able to keep cheap seats and may get priced out, just like the people who got tickets last year.

Obviously, No PSLs, and everybody keeps their same seats would be best, but I think, given the fact that there are PSLs, this was probably about as best we could have hoped for.

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Ticket prices have been posted. Look back through this thread. They are listed along with the PSL prices.

4. championjets69

1st row UD

5. championjets69

Sorry in my case you are totally incorrect. I have had UD seats since 65 since I feel they are far better then lower level seats

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The took down the FAQ on the site as of 12:50 pm hopefully to clarify some stuff. In my opinion seniority is for picking order in your phase, and then for who goes first for the Non-PSL's after all phases are done. I think everyone upstairs will be fine. I am 28 years, 1981 so what's my seniority.. low.. high.. medium

7. championjets69

If you call the NYJ tix office they will tell you what your priority is. As an example mine is highest whatever that denotes

8. DownAndOut

DownAndOut Member

Are you married? Wanna get hitched?

9. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

Yeah, well this is what I get for a half-century of season ticket loyalty -- a chance to sit in the Upper Deck. Just bend me over and shove it in, Woody.

I love this message from Woody on the official site:

"For half a century, the Jets have enjoyed a heroic and deeply devoted fan base. Through thick and thin, you have stuck with us
    as we have migrated around the metropolitan area from one field to another, to another. Of course you are hungry for - and
    deserve - another championship. But you also deserve a home that you can call your own. Our goal with the New Jets Stadium
    is to create the best home field in football and provide a range of seating options so that Jets fans can enjoy the biggest
    upgrade in NFL history. In 2010, that goal will be realized, and all Jets fans can say, finally, we're the home team."

Yours,
    Woody

--- Except when THE GIANTS play there, Woody. You should have signed it "Up Yours, Woody"

10. IATA

IATA Trolls

Champ, I demand a paternity test, I'm pretty sure you're my long lost father with awesome Jets tickets! O_O

11. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

The FAQ is up, but I see no material changes.

12. Don

I like my approach the best. Just buy tickets to the must see games on stubhub. There will be so many of them from people trying to recoup some of their expenses (at least for the first 5 years) that they will be somewhere between competitively priced and cheap anyway.

13. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

I see myself on that boat as well

14. Gator

Gator Active Member

Wait till winter hits. Think these corporate types are going to games in the freezing cold?

15. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Dammit...I'm about to agree with champ. I buy a seat in section 323 from one of my friends and I love the location. I've had seats to individual games in the lower seats and honestly I like being up high. It allows me to see the entire field from where I'm sitting and since I'm in an endzone, when a RB doesn't hit a gaping hole that I can see from the upper deck I usually wind up screaming...lol.

I'm right at the top of the waiting list (I could have had tickets this year but opted against it...wanted to save more and see the PSL prices, so I asked to stay on the waiting list).

My preference is to get seats in the upper deck, but not because there is no PSL, it's because I like the view. I don't like the fact those seats aren't transferable though so I may opt for the $4k PSL seats. It depends on how things go over the next couple of years.

16. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I asked if the Sheely quote means that people with lower deck pre 1977 seats were going to have to buy PSL's or else lose their priority. I received a response by email from Rich Calder (NY Post beat writer), who addressed the quote above. He writes:

"The way it is going to work is first the auction seats will be sold, after that there are three seat levels that will be sold in order. The most expensive seats go first and people with most seniority go first. Sounds like you are not affected and can basically keep what you already have or move up or down at your choice."

17. sect105

sect105 New Member

I have been going to the games since 1981. Tickets in the family since 1970 and MY Seniority starts in 1996. I am getting so tired of all the PSL talk. Having season tickets is supposed to be fun, and should not be a burden either financially or location wise etc.

I will do what I can to get tickets without the PSL, If Not....It's not worth even thinking about right now. Worst comes to worse I save money and stay home. Until then I will just wait for my letter to come and enjoy this season and next season.

18. dougb

dougb Member

OK, so here's my take on PSL benefits:
    Good if you have a big ass(wider, comfortable seats)
    Free Parking in Preferred Lot. (Wonder if you would be protected against sudden fees)
    Possible tix to other meadowlands events

My seats are 15K per... I've been Lubed up!

19. Don

Now, if you could just buy parking. You could go tailgate and use that 30k to buy a 9000 inch hd tv to watch the games on.

20. IATA

IATA Trolls

I'd call the PSL an investment.You can spend that 30k on a car which you'll replace in 5-10 years; or buy Jets tickets. Keep the tickets in your family for decades or if it comes to it, sell the PSL. They won't lost value as significantly as a car would, and will potentially increase in value.

If I was in NY, had money and good credit, I'd invest.