Jets to release PSL info at noon today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Buldawg, Aug 26, 2008.

1. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

The 27k seats is great for anyone wanting to sit up top. Still a very aggressive pricing plan for a team coming off a 4-12 season, guess alot is riding on this year judging by all of the empty seats in the lower bowl late last year.

I am going to call it the "Pay to Stay Pricing Plan"

2. Dan

Dan Member

Imagine paying $700 per ticket for a Pre season game.

3. Giants4Ever

Giants4Ever New Member

As a Giant fan in section 111 I was given the option of paying a 20K PSL and a $700 ticket OR they would move me to the 50 yard line on the other side and it would be a 20K PSL but only $160 per ticket...........The Jets not only screwed their fans in 111 by making it an auction, they made the other side at the 50 yard line a 20K PSL and $700 a ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

You guys got screwed downstairs compared to the Giants.

4. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

Anyone who can afford the Club pricing plan more power to them, I guarantee I could travel for quite a few years to every home and away game for less money.

I wonder what kind of agreement could be written if you split the PSL plan with a friend who owns the tickets but doesn't have the cash for all of the PSL's. You see alot of people going to the game with non relatives who would usually buy the other one to three tickets.

5. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

Wooooo Hoooooo

I get to keep my seats...well, that's if having them for 13 years warrants me the seats in the upper tier. Section 329.

6. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

I've actually enjoyed reading all this stuff during my down time today. I think I agree with the camp thinking that my best bet (deferred season tix this year, so I'm near the top of the waiting list) is to I guess hope for two $4k PSL seats. And I'm not even sure I want to pay that much. I think those 27,000 non-PSL seats will be taken up by the first 27,002 people to whom they're offered.

But yeah, the smart move is probably just to do nothing and get them from scalpers or whatever for a few games per year and maybe pick up a ticket plan for the Yanks or some other local franchise.

7. steviep

steviep Active Member

Higher ticket prices allow someone to buy or not buy.
    PSL's did not give a chance for people (without borrowing money) to buy jet tickets. It totally would have screwed some people.
    This plan comes with a cost -- but its infinitely more fair (on its face).

8. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Plus at least $25 to park, prepaid. In a wider, more luxurious parking spot, of course.

9. Sack Exchange 99

Sack Exchange 99 New Member

This is only my second year with seasons. When I first heard of no PSL in uppers, I was happy,as Im in 302, but after reading this thread , it doesnt look good for me !

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

What was with the 'wider seats' thing? Everyone is a fukking fat ass?

11. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

13 years will help, but never upgrading your location will hurt. I think you have more help than hurt though considering seniority trumps seat location.

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I saw this quote in the NY Times fromThad Sheely, the Jets’ executive vice president for stadium development that clarifies a lot for me I think?

If you’re assigned a seat,” he said, “if you don’t pick that, you lose your priority and go to the back of the line. If you want to go upstairs, someone else has priority over you.”

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

So if I am reading that right, if you have 30 years of senority and they offer you a PSL seat that will cost you 5k and you decide you would rather go upstairs then you lose all of those 30 years and ultimately go even behind the waiting list most likely for one of those upstairs seats. So despite what they say there is really no opting for upper tier seats. You take what you get or you get nothing at all.

Nice. Bend over Jets fans.

14. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

Seniority an Illusion ?

Newsday and the New York post take the position that people with seniority can move upstairs and bounce others, the Times, quoting Thad Sheely (VP of Stadium Development) takes the opposite view, saying that if you don't take your "assigned" seat, you go to the back of the line in the upper deck seats. Anybody have any clarification on this ?

15. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

This may have been addressed once or twice in the PSL Thread...

16. Don

This didn't need it's own thread as it is already being discussed in the PSL thread but in any even I would take the word of a Jets employee over anything a local newspaper beat reporter might write.

17. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Not quite right, because the new stadium has more seats than the old one, right? So there'll be something available. You just can't guarantee your preference. There's no system that's fair to everyone, it's just a question of who's going to get screwed and how much.

18. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

Actually, the issue was raised hypothetically, but this precise issue and the conflict between the Times and the Post and Newsday articles was not.

19. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

I wonder how they are going to "assign" a seat to each person ? I suppose the Giants are doing the same thing, so there must be some system they have in mind. Either way, I'm dead. My seniority is pre 1977, but my PSL seats are incredibly expensive (15K each).

20. Don

This specific issue was raised this morning in that thread. I know because I replied to it. That doesn't matter however. The point I made there and I will make here is that it seems if you want to save money you are screwed. If you don't take the seats they assign you it seems you go to the back of the line and I assume that means the back of the wait list too as that is part of the line. So you either pay for the PSLs they assign you or risk getting no tickets at all.

Really, that is no different than it is now. If they offer you tickets and you don't take them you are gone. Your only option is to get back on the waiting list at the end. So this isn't new.

#200 Don, Aug 27, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2008