Favre says arm feeling 'fatigued,' will ask for fewer throws in afternoon

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SigmaXJet, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Wild Thing

Wild Thing New Member

Really? I have yet to see you offer an actual argument to anything I've said, unless you consider hurling personal insults and screeching "YOU'RE AN IDIOT!" an argument. If I'm making shit up and talking that much crap, it should be easy to pick it apart. Right? So where's your argument, Fangirl?

And here's your chance. Let's see what you've got. You say I'm wrong about Favre's conditioning program last year; let's see you demonstrate what I've got wrong. Here's your chance to show everyone you actually know something about football. But I won't hold my breath. Considering how surprised you were to learn that Driver's had most of his fingers broken by Favre passes (something so legendary in Green Bay, I'd be shocked that anyone who really follows the Packers wouldn't know it), I think it'll be a long wait.

2. TeriB

TeriB New Member

3. Wild Thing

Wild Thing New Member

First of all, don't flatter yourself. You're not worth following around. But if you're going to be wandering around leaving great big steaming piles of horseshit behind you everywhere you go, don't be surprised if the people who step in them make a comment or two.

Second, for someone who's supposedly got me on "ignore", you sure spend a lot of time making faces and sticking your tongue out at me. Or is that just one more thing where you're talking out of your ass? (Rhetorical question; the answer's obvious.)

And third, as for that article you linked, did you even read it? It supports my point, not yours - the gist of the article is that Favre's best seasons come when he's worked out very hard during the offseason, and that when he doesn't take his conditioning seriously during the offseason, his play suffers for it. Which is exactly what some of us have been saying that you found so offensive. I appreciate your helping me win my arguments against you, but it seems rather self-defeating. It'd save us both a lot of time if you just stop starting them in the first place; then you wouldn't have to help me win them.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

^ To be fair, Favre started the intense off season workouts with Croner in the offseason prior to the 2005 season which was his worst season ever. There were other factors involved with his recent success like having a better team around him and playing smarter.

#84 WhiteShoeWillis, Aug 14, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  5. TeriB

TeriB New Member

First, someone else quoted you, and that's how I saw your posts initially. Second, that article may be of the same OPINION you are, BUT it does NOT back up your assertions at all. It says nothing about his off season work outs in preparation for last season, quite the contrary, and for all you know the same guy was at his home working with him this year. You have yet to back up ANY of your hysterical, caustic, anti-Favre assertions you've made here with anything but your big fat blow hole. Third, at least you can count, and for once you're right. I shouldn't have peaked at your idiotic responses to me today. That won't happen again.

#85 TeriB, Aug 14, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  6. Wild Thing

Wild Thing New Member

I give up. This is why I never had kids.

7. Vin

Vin Banned

Who's yo' daddy? :smile:

8. Vin

Vin Banned

As far as Brett's "honesty" goes, it's one thing to be honest....but it's another thing to be TACTFUL in one's response to the media.

next thing you'll know, Brett would start telling the media about the number of times when Mangini went to take a dump and what he had for lunch prior.....(he just might do that, too. :wink: )

9. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

It's a privilege for the media to interview Favre....

10. scottydawop

scottydawop New Member

Brett will be fine this year. I think he's gonna put in the extra time and effort because he wants to prove he still has it. As far as being out of shape, he was late for camp and took no reps for a while. He's 38, it's gonna take him a couple of weeks to get back to playing shape. As for working out in the offseason, I read he worked out like he does every year. He'll be firing bullets and threading the needle by week one.

11. 66_Ray

66_Ray New Member

The colored girl said hey babe take a walk on the wild side

:rofl::smile:

12. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

Do da do da do do do do do da do da do do do do.

13. Bob_Nelson

Bob_Nelson New Member

And having a head coach that would hold him accountable. Mangini seems to fit that mold.

14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Hahaha, good one; although it's hard to say between Chad and Favre who made the better Nora Desmond. I really could've done without Favre's histrionics. but that that was, er, two weeks ago and this is now.

[​IMG]

15. Fan4Favre

Fan4Favre New Member

Amen Brother!! :)

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I was at camp on Wednesday and Favre throwing with a 'dead arm' right up until the end of practice, looked stronger than Chad Pennington in 2002.

BTW, camp was awesome, I got to tell Dan Leberfeld he was a jackoff right to his face.

#96 abyzmul, Aug 15, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  17. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Now I've seen it all - an argument about Favre's offseason conditioning is beyond ridiculous. The Jets signed Favre just to sell some jerseys, since there is no one else on this team that can sell squat. They also wanted to steal some media thunder from the superior Giants, as evidenced by the mainstream media lovefest with this story. Sorry, but it's kind of tough to be optimistic after seeing the same rubbish and awful moves from this organization for the past 40 years.

Maybe after Favre really retires, the team can get about the business of developing a long term successful QB, something they haven't had since the last Ice Age. But then again, it's nice to dream.

18. Determination#4

Determination#4 New Member

Sure, bringing Brett to New York is great promotions but is that such a bad thing; especially considering he will also be an almost immediate upgrade to the team ? Brett is not only an upgrade at the QB position but also brings the Jets motivational team leadership.

Once the guys get used to him and he gets used to the play book the offense will be looking really good. (40 4th quarter comeback wins with Brett ) is more than just promotions.

Enjoy the ride, it's going to be an exciting year !!!