What are Jets team needs moving forward

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The GM, Aug 12, 2008.

1. The GM

The GM New Member

I've been waiting to get to 50 posts so I can start a thread of my own, but before I do what I want to do, I would like to know your opinions on what are the greatest needs of the Jets moving forward.

In my mind, I have: WR, DE, ILB, CB, FS as the biggest needs
    behind that I think the Jets need an heir apparent to Favre (I don't think Clemens or Ratliff make the cut), an all-around RB, and talented OL depth.

The consensus team needs decided upon in here will be used in my next thread.

2. The GM

The GM New Member

C'mon...the only Jets fans without opinions are the dead ones.

3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I posted a thread similar to this. A good rule of thumb would be to look first, before posting, to see if your question has been addressed.
    Believe me, it will save you from the "attack dogs".

Just some friendly advice.

4. The GM

The GM New Member

I saw your post, I think I commented in it as well, but I know I'll be able to find this so I can use it for my next thread.

5. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

I think u have sort of nailed it on the head. After looking over roster....CB is #1 need & DE is a very close 2nd. CB...Lowery & DE #95 are showing potential. Another T/G will give that needed depth.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Wait, you made a thread in preparation for your new thread? So this thread does not really matter? Or does it? Could that second thread be used in this thread?

Is The GM for The General Manager, The Green Machine, The Green Meany, Or The Giant Monster?

7. The GM

The GM New Member

Would be the General Manager, and while I wouldn't normally dignify your jokes with a response, the purpose of this thread if you haven't realized is to label the team needs.

After those are agreed upon, I will post a thread laying out what in my mind will be the best way of filling the team needs through FA, trades (few) and the draft over the next couple of years.

8. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

I would say that the CS and FO have made as many moves as they could so far. All we've seen is a handful of half-speed practices, and one of four pre-season plain vanilla games.

The quarterback that we're counting on didn't even play in that game either.

You guys want to take a shot in the dark, be my guest.

Personally, I don't think we have enough information to know what our strengths and weaknesses are.

All that we have to go on is the dope on the back of these guys' playing cards.

Somebody wrote that, we didn't see most of it, and that's what you're going to use to base your judgments of the NYJs' strengths and weaknesses on...?

Waste of time, in my book.

Let's check it out in four weeks.

9. The GM

The GM New Member

OR, if you were a true Jets fan, you would be familiar with the players on the team and whether they are good players or not. Then again, there could be people like you who don't know and can't form his own opinion on what the team needs are.

If you do notice however that most of everyone who posts his opinion generally agrees on the same positions.

While you are correct in saying that we do not know 100% where we are since we only know a little information about the back up players and depth players who could end up being good players, everyone should have a pretty good idea of what the team needs are.

10. The Dark Knight

Ah, a 3 year plan thread. Thats cool. You already knew all the team needs though, because the ones you listed are correct.

11. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Defensive end to me is the biggest.

12. The GM

The GM New Member

In order I have 1) CB 2) DE 3) FS 4) ILB 5) WR 6) All-around RB 7) QB heir 8) OL depth 9) DL depth

hows the FB situation, thats probably the one position I'm not sure about because I don't know how long Richardson will be around and he's the only FB on the team's roster.

13. Kenny

Kenny New Member

Thats a long list

14. The GM

The GM New Member

Would you disagree? If you can pose an argument about how we are set at any of the aforementioned positions I'm all ears.

15. The Dark Knight

List the Patriots' needs too.

16. GreenScreen313

GreenScreen313 New Member

moving forward, the team needs a Superbowl victory.

the end.

17. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

Couldn't start a thread and chris Henry just came up on NFL network. If the Bunguls let him go, I think this would be a huge pickup. coles, coth, henry, clowney. NASTY!!!!!

18. TJones20

TJones20 New Member

well if u mean team needs for this year yet i'd say mayb acquiring another target for favre to throw to would be a good idea, also a proven cornerback opposite revis in case miller and lowery dont prove themselves, and inside linebacker to go w/ david harris to help the inside run game (in that order) i agree w/ the others as well but these 3 i'd say could really improve the team if we acquired them somehow

19. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

There seems to be an awful lot of new guys that need to show what they got during the real thing.

Also, there are a lot of players that will improve from last year, some more some less, and a few that will do worse than last year.

Either way, I'd like to see what they do on the field, not what's written about them in the newspaper before they even play a down for real.

I think that's fair.

#19 notjustQBs, Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  20. The GM

The GM New Member

The Bengals let him go a while ago, he is the first move I was going to name in the thread as a pick up. On someone else's thread I posted about a certain WR pickup that would be huge for this team that I would not name until I could make my own thread. Chris Henry is that WR. He is suspended for the first 4 games of the season but that doesn't matter long term. He is a great talent at WR who needs a different location since Cincinnati has only shown him trouble.

#20 The GM, Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2008