Game vs Washington

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Aug 12, 2008.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Somebody posted it was now a national TV game. If it is does anybody know the network as NFLN is still saying they will be showing the Pats/bucs game live that nite

2. TexasJet

TexasJet New Member

the Jets/Washington game is on Saturday, the Pats/Bucs is Sunday. NFLN is showing the Jets/Washington delayed Sunday Morning at 7:00am.

They Jets/Washington game isn't moving.

3. championjets69

Yes my bad the Pats/Bucs game is Sunday nite. However someone posted that our Sat game was transferred from a local TV game (NY area) to a national game like yesterdays Pack/Bengal game. Thanks I know about the replay which will be 0600 hours Austin time

4. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I live in the DC area, so I'll just be watching it. I still hate Comcast for charging for NFLN and refuse to pay!

5. CanadaGreen

CanadaGreen New Member

Game will be aired live on Saturday 8pm. I saw it advertised last night on NFL Network.

6. championjets69

Well I get the NFLN thru my DirectTV subscripition. Here in Austin TX Time Warner & the NFLN are in a battle since TW wants to charge xtra for the NFLN but the NFLN says no to TW proposal. The end result is the NFLN is not carried by TW & those who want to see a NFLN game live like the game 11 will have to amble to some place that has the DirectTV subscription which gives access to NFLN free

7. championjets69

OK thanks I went to the NFLN site after seeing ur post & so far they have not updated their site reflecting they will be showing the game

8. championjets69

9. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

I think it will be aired on CBS- I know it is on Ch2 in the NY area.

10. championjets69

Yes thanks for sure it will be aired in the NYC area that is without a doubt however somebody said it will be aired live NATIONALLY & that is what I am trying to find out other then the NFLN replay on Sunday AM

11. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Check with your local SeeBS affiliate's schedule.

12. championjets69

Yes thanks again I am talking here of TEXAS U know the REPUBLIC of TEXAS & certainly I will peruse the CBS/ESPN/FOX/NFLN schedule for Austin TX & I am sure I will find just like last week game that it will not be broadcasted LIVE in the Republic of Texas state capital on 08/16 at least as scheduled at this moment. As I said I will see the replay on Sunday AM however since that is scheduled for the NFLN

13. section134

section134 Active Member

starting game time on the ticket is 7PM on wcbs local in ny

does anyone know which network , CBS or FOX as wash is the visiting team

14. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Its playing on CBS here in the DC area.

Comcast is doing the same thing, charging money and NFL isn't happy about it. I could spring for satellite or FioS, but I'm just a poor graduate student living in an apartment for the time being. As soon as I move out(next June is projection) I'll be getting one of the two things that will allow me to view NFLN without an additional cost.

15. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

really hope favre does decent so I don't have to listen to more flak from the surrounding 'skins I work with.

16. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

According to the NY Post this morning...The Jets v Redskins game will be aired on Channel 2 CBS in NYC (as every game is), along with the NFL Network. Both games will air at 7pm on Saturday night, but no mention if the NFL will use the feed from CBS, or provide their own announcers?

17. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

BRETT Favre's first start as the Jets quarterback will be such big news that it's going to be televised nationally.

Cable TV's NFL Network is picking up Ch. 2's coverage of Saturday's Jets-Redskins pre-season game, making it available nationwide.

The game starts at 7 p.m.

Favre, the ex-Green Bay Packers quarterback, and a certain Hall of Famer, joined the Jets last week in a blockbuster trade - one of the biggest moves in franchise history.

The NFL channel says it will televise all of Favre's pre-season games.

18. championjets69

H'mm where does that info come from because here is the NFLN schedule as they posted for 08/16 which makes NO mention of them broadcasting the NYJ/Wash game LIVE?

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/networkschedule?selectedDate=08/16/2008&field=selectedDate

19. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

Its coming from the NY Post...I read it this morning. It's possible that the NFL Network site hasn't been updated yet? I cant post links for some reason, so just google "Favre's Debut Goes National". You will get the link to the story...

20. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

champ - just realized the texas connection.....

you do not strike me as a texas oilman.....:)

jil