Favre as a Jet on the Madden Cover

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LockDown24, Aug 11, 2008.

1. ElleBlue

ElleBlue New Member

Don't know how to play video games. Don't have a system. But I am going to buy it just to have it.

2. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Madden 09 is suppose to have Brett Favre of the Packers on it. Favre of the Jets is a whole new story. The curse has already taken place for Favre of Packers. He got traded! Thank God the trade took place about a week ago and not few months back.

3. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

That is pretty fuckin sick... Favre is god he doesent break bones silly

4. Bosko

Bosko Guest

I just have to say that, as a long-suffering Jets fan, it is SO MUCH FUN to see them suddenly matter to the rest of the world. Last year, they never got any attention in the local newspapers. This year? They're on the front and back covers of NYC newspapers every day--and this after the year the Giants won the Super Bowl under the most unlikeliest circumstances! Now, thye even rate the cover of the Madden NFL game!

I've been following the Jets since the late 1970s and they NEVER, EVER mattered before. Seeing all this media attention is weird! But I like it.

I guess Frank Caliendo, who does those Madden imitations, will be all over the Jets. The jets will have to appear on more nationally-televised games (much to Phil Mushnick's regret, of course, but I love it!)

Maybe now, even Mike and the Mad Dog might give them a mention now and then?

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I can't believe how many wagon hoppers there are. Hard to tell the real Jet fans from the fake ones now this is retarded...

6. BSartist

BSartist New Member

Jake - come on dude, that is just lame. Just because people don't enjoy talking about the Jets as much on this board when they frigging suck doesn't mean they are any less of a fan, or any less obsessed for that matter. And it does not make them 'fair weather fans' either. I've followed every goddamn last transaction and story every day for the last 8 years, rarely posting on this board, that doesn't make me less of a fan cause now I'm enjoying posting again.

You see a lot more people now because they have reason to hope again.

7. BSartist

BSartist New Member

Well, technically Favre was going to be the cover boy long before he was traded to the Jets, but whatever! We'll take it.

8. Bosko

Bosko Guest

Abso-toot-ly!

Very well-said!

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Nah I don't buy that rebuttle at all. I cheer just as hard when we're 4-12 as I would 12-4 and I let everyone know who I'm cheering for. If you hide in the closet when your team sucks we don't even need you out there cheering with us. You must bleed green.

Anyways, I'm not hating on you for no posting here but that's pretty weak if it takes the all-time leading passer to get your hopes up and not the $150 million-worth other guys we brought in. Do your homework, you'll get excited.

#29 Jake, Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  10. BSartist

BSartist New Member

PSH! You are ridiculous. I watch every game when we go 4-12 too. AND I ALSO let everyone know who my team is ya jerk. I don't hide in the closet, I just don't feel the need to post 26 times a day about how much I hate Chad Pennington's noodle-arm. It's depressing and it goes round and round and nowhere, and you know this because i'm sure you've taken part in many of these repetitive and pointless discussions.

It's hilarious, you think you're a bigger fan. I can't believe it. If you look at my sig, it blatantly shows my being a member here since 2002, and I was here long before that as in 2002 everyone had to re-register due to a server switch.

Oh and also, I was born and raised and live in Northern New Jersey, where we breathe this shit every day and talk about it constantly. So get a grip, Canada-boy.

#30 BSartist, Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  11. nyjvilma51

nyjvilma51 New Member

Well, I'll say this...Brett Favre was on a video game cover back in the late 90's....NFL Quarterback Club 1999..and I'm sure 1998 and so forth....google it if you'd like.

12. BSartist

BSartist New Member

yeah man, that was a good game.

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Well you'll see that nowhere in my original post did I call YOU out you just jumped the gun and got all defensive and sh*t... Gear down Americana. Clearly there's a Favre wagon and forgive me if it pisses me off a little and it gets you all giddy inside.

14. BSartist

BSartist New Member

DUDE! I WAS excited before....damn! Do my homework, omg. I told you I've followed every friggin transaction that has taken place. Every. Damn. Day. And as great as it was to have all these new players, you know what? It doesn't mean that much if your QB BLOWS. It's a quarterback-driven game. Sorry, but you're gonna have to accept people getting crazy excited over having one of the best QB's of all time added to their LONG-SUFFERING!! team.

Exactly why everyone is so worried about Favre getting injured...we're the Jets, we can't possibly be this lucky. SHIT! You remember the first game of 99?! Following an AFC Championship appearance, Vinny tears his ACL and Tom Tupa becomes our QB for that game.

15. BSartist

BSartist New Member

ok whatever. Someone claiming they are the bigger fan is just hilarious to me, and it irks me a little too. But I can understand getting a little pissy. I'm sure there are a lot of people who never gave a shat about the jets before, and now they want to be fans. And you know what, good for them, whatever gets the Jets more fans and acceptance is fine by me, because success breeds success. But understand, the kind of people you'll see around here are VERY LIKELY lifelong fans. Bandwagon fans very rarely would go so far as to find and post on this message board, because essentially they don't really care. Well, yet anyway.

And Favre on the Jets doesn't make you giddy too? Come on brotha! It's exciting. Most exciting time to be a Jet fan since I can remember.

16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Haha well you're making me look like a total darksider which I'm not I too would rather have Favre than lame-duck Chad out there I'm just surrounded by wagon hoppers up here being 'Canada-boy' so it might seem different to me than you lol... Please don't ever remind me of the Achilles Bowl '99.

I never said you weren't a big fan I said the guy who now will follow the Jets because they got Brett Favre who didn't give two sheets about the Jets before is not as big a fan as me.

17. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

18. BSartist

BSartist New Member

haha, ok yeah. I can appreciate that for sure. That's cool to think that the Jets are getting more fans out there too though. Craziness.

The Achilles Bowl, haha. You know, for a tragedy of sorts, that game was the best damn loss I ever seen. Bravery and professionalism on display.Tom Tupa throws for two TD's. Great stuff.

19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I drank a ton of green koolaid that offseason man my hopes and dreams were shattered that day. Let's hope Favre has some gas left in the tank hey and let's hope we can run the ball a bit for him...

20. jetsjim

jetsjim New Member

EA Sports...It's "IN" the game.

Not whats on the dang cover!