Now that we have Favre, what will satisfy you?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFan10, Aug 9, 2008.

?

Now that the Jets have Favre, what will satisfy you?

1. Winning season

13 vote(s)
    14.9%
  2. Playoff appearance

16 vote(s)
    18.4%
  3. First-round playoff win

17 vote(s)
    19.5%
  4. AFC Championship appearance

19 vote(s)
    21.8%
  5. Super Bowl apperance

4 vote(s)
    4.6%
  6. Nothing less than a SB victory

18 vote(s)
    20.7%
  1. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Probably for this team, I'd pick first-round playoff win. I don't really expect anything more - hype aside.

#1 NYJFan10, Aug 9, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  2. NEJets

NEJets Member

I will be really happy if we lose our first round pick..........

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Playing well.

4. BSartist

BSartist New Member

I voted. Anything less than a Superbowl Victory - and not just a victory - but a 54-0 drubbing of whoever we play. Also, we must defeat the stinkin' pats every time we play them. Including at least one by over 30 points.

Anything less than that, at this point, would be a letdown.

5. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

I just want to be entertained this season.

6. JohnnyFalco

JohnnyFalco New Member

Obviously, anything less than a Super Bowl victory will be a disappointment. There is some real talent on this team. That said, if we can at least win a first round playoff game, I think Brett will be back for another year or two.

7. Determination#4

Determination#4 New Member

I just want to see the "team" improve to the point where a deep playoff run with Brett next year becomes a possibility. Anything can happen this year but I want to try and stay realistic and just hope for continued improvement throughout the season with a few more W's in the win column !!!

Exciting Times Ahead:

GO JETS GO !!!

8. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

I want the Jets to be in the category of GOOD teams like the colts, the patriots, steelers, chargers, etc. The teams that always have a chance of going all the way. Even if we don't get there that's fine, I just want to have the chance every year.

9. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

A burrito right now sounds good. That might satisfy me. Or were you talking sexually, because I prefer to keep that between me and the lil lady.

10. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

End the year on a respectable note and I'll be happy

All I ask of my football team is to make every week interesting. They don't need to go 14-2 and clinch a 1st round bye but its nice for each game to be meaningful at worst. The lowest goal is for the Jets to be playing for a playoff spot in Week 17.

Anything above that is gravy.

11. United_Jets

United_Jets Active Member

As Tony said to be entertained is a big one - I'd like to see many a touchdown pass by #4...something like the 28 he threw last season would be fantastic!! Maybe that's a little optimistic. But really for me it's to make the playoffs. I know the teams aim is higher but I think in a season where you make the playoffs there are inevitably many memorable moments and performances witnessed. As has been the case in 'my time' 2002, '04 and '06.

12. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

You should have added a category ' No retirement announcement before the season ends'.

13. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Superbowl of course, especially with all the new talent we brought in the offseason. This team is much better than the 06 team, they should be well improved.

14. KBJET

KBJET Member

playoffs for sure

15. Denny

Denny Active Member

12 million should net you a winning season, right?

16. Favre2008

Favre2008 New Member

I'm after a playoff birth. I'd be excited with that given everything. It'd be damn impressive...

I'm warning you guys though (for those that haven't watched a lot of favre).. the number one thing that got to me with Favre is that in big games.. it always seems like he needs to settle down. The first few passes can be crazy, but awesome if it's a long bomb touchdown!

I'm just glad the games it'll be exciting and there's a chance for a miracle story Jets SB victory!!!

#16 Favre2008, Aug 9, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

beat me to it :jets:

18. crazylion26

crazylion26 New Member

Honestly, I'd be happy with a winning season. Look at the facts here... getting Favre is deffinately going to be an improvement, but we have to be realistic...

Brand new system to learn
    Lots of adjustment from receivers and the team around him
    Him adjusting to the receivers around him
    The O-Line needs to keep him off his butt
    Lack of a deep threat (although this point could be argued)
    Different fans, media coverage than he's used to... having to pick up and just relocate will take a toll on him mentally and physically
    etc.

Among other things, Favre is really going to thrive if his talent around him helps. These things take time to develop, not just 5 games. I don't know if we'll make the playoffs, win the first round, or like some idiots are claiming "win the superbowl"... I just know that this is an improvement than what we had, so because of that, I'm aiming at winning season (don't get me wrong, I'm thinking something like 10-6)... Hopefully that will get us in the playoffs, but you never know.

He's going to have his struggles. He is going to throw picks. There will be dropped passes, overthrown passes, etc. We have to be realistic with that. Again, don't get me wrong, I think it's a huge pick up and it's going to help...

Plus the editions and moves that we made this offseason is going to be huge... but it's a lot of new people that are expected to make a big difference. It's going to take time for them to settle into each other.

19. Bosko

Bosko Guest

I'm with you!

It's a bad poll. Where's the option for that? (Playing well, I mean.)

20. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

All of the things you mentioned are valid concerns...though I see most of them as chemistry issues, so I think a pro like Burt can jell with the O by the end of the bye (5 weeks + preseason), the O-line itself is the real concern. Plus newbies on D. A lot of "feel" has got to be had between teammates. Maybe they should go play paintball or something...

That said, the FO has made it obvious that they are willing to buy respect. Respect=Results=Expectations. So anything less than 11-5 and 2 deep into the playoffs is underperformance AFAIC.

Chances of achieving that goal: 50/50...sports are a crapshoot.