Playbook adjustments?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CaneJet, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Wild Thing

Wild Thing New Member

Oh, sure. They mixed it up, no doubt. McCarthy's the kind of coach who doesn't like to get too predictable. But the short pass - the slant, the screen - that's Brett's bread and butter, and always has been. Those are the plays that last year's offense were built around. Brett's deep ball is an iffy sorta thing... it has a tendency to float sometimes, and he's nowhere near as accurate downfield as he is at ranges of 10 - 25 yards.

2. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

and, the exact opposite will happen with the miami playbook.

question; boobway gave a 2nd round pick to the titans for mc catchless, but the jets pick for favre is a 4th which may escalate up to a first, but is more likely to be a 3rd or 2nd. anyone here , other than junc, want to try to argue that boobway knew what he was doing? we won't mention the offensive line, either.....:shit:

3. Wild Thing

Wild Thing New Member

Yeah - yeah, I do see the difference now! I never thought about it very much before, but it started to dawn on me yesterday. It's really interesting that you should make this point, because I've spent a lot of time thinking today about the contrasts between the two quarterbacks. Over the last day or so, reading all the threads here about how ya'll feel about the trade, I've really started to "get it" what a huge difference there is in what the two diffferent groups of fans have become accustomed to, and what the two groups of fans are looking for in a quarterback. You guys are fed up with a game manager who can't make plays when you need him to, and we're fed up with a playmaker who can't manage a game when we need him to. You're dying for a playmaker who can make something out of nothing, and happy as hell that you finally got one; we're dying for a game manager who won't throw the ball away whenever he gets excited, and hoping we've found one in Rodgers.

Ironic, isn't it? Just one more reason I think this is really a win-win for both teams. We've both finally got our wish. I only hope that 4 months from now, we're not all kicking ourselves and wondering why the hell we ever wanted to get rid of our guy. Let's hope that come December, both fan bases are sitting back with big smiles on their faces and saying, "Yeah! That's what we've been waiting for!"

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Thanks for the compliment and welcome aboard. It's great to have Favre fans on here, and I enjoy the level headed opinions and arguments of yours that I've read so far. I probably don't know football much better than you if at all. I think that on this board we're mostly just a bunch of guys that are fanatics but were never involved with the game at a high enough level to have significantly more knowledge than each other. There are a handful of people on here that do know quite a bit, but I promise you I'm not in that group.

As for your concern about people turning on Favre in another post in this thread ...

We tend to turn on people rather quickly here, and I'm definitely guilty of it myself. Favre is an iconic QB though, so maybe that will buy him some time if he is doing poorly. I don't know. I don't think I could ever "hate" Favre, because I've always been a big fan of his. I will be vocal about moving on if I feel like he isn't the best guy for the team anymore though.

5. TJones20

TJones20 New Member

i dont understand how ppl can expect the playbook to just change so dramatically so fast, all the players have learned the system and it took time to learn it, now just because of favre we're gonna change it? mayb a lil but highly doubtful