if leinart falls to four

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ekaarons, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Vin

Vin Banned

I'm sorry but if they don't take Leinart, should he somehow still be there at 4, and take Brick instead, that would be a very Terry-Bradway-ESQUE Move of them. Just plain stupid.

You're starting OVER with a new coach, new system, new "EVERYTHING" and you need a New QB to be growing alongside the new "everything" for years to come...you DON'T pass up a QB like leinart if you can help it....You just DON'T!

2. MrDobolina

MrDobolina New Member

yes but you need an O-line or that expensive QB will be hurt and gun shy the rest of his career. Look at Carr, I think he has tons of potential, but it's a statisical fact that last year he had less time to throw than any QB in the league. Plus a good O-line helps the run....look at Denver and KC. You could throw my mom in the back field and she would get 100 and a TD. I really think it make sense to rebuild the Core first, then add the superstars or develop them. But then again, I'm not an NFL GM or coach....and I've been wrong once or twice before ;)

Dobo

3. lebojets

lebojets New Member

If Williams is off the board trade the pick and move down to about 8 or 10 and take Justice. Then get your lb,de,wr,rb,qb with the next 5 picks. They should be able to get at least 2 picks like a 2nd and 4th to slide down and let somebody move to 4. Remember we need players not 1 star.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

trade down ?
    [thread]3736[/thread]

5. WayneChrebet

WayneChrebet New Member

someone would trade up for the highest rated QB going into the draft.