milwaukee writer criticizes jets fans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetRizing89, Aug 7, 2008.

1. FrankieJetFavreFan

Tell me if he responded to you

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Yup. That pretty much describes me. One sick puppy, I am.

3. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Here is my responce to this asshole

Hey Bill,
    Stuff it where the sun don't shine, you were never a Jets fan. Like the song goes" when you a Jet you a Jet from the top of your head", etc, Westside story in case your a Broadway fan as well.

I have watched this team for almost 45 years and remember well Joe Willie and Shea in the blowing cold winds off Jamaica Bay. If you were ever a fan of this team,you were just another bandwagon guy who comes and goes. A real Jets fan has no choice, he is hooked early and like junkies they are all waiting for the final and ultimate high of the big game and our turn in the big show.

So don't in any way even try to bad mouth Jets fans, because in spite of all the heartache and pain over the years, there is still a 10 year waiting list for season tickets.We the fans of the NY Jets may be loud but we are proud of our team. We may annoy but we are a joy, to our team. We may be spoiled but we are loyal, to our team. We may be course but when it counts we are never lost, for our team.

By the by old boy, isn't it time to get to bed, after all it's 8:30 p.m. in Milwaukee and all the sidewalks have been pulled in for the last two hours.

4. Fred Mertz

Fred Mertz Active Member

Here's my email:

I don?t know if I?ll be able to express as eloquently as you would the problems I have with your recent essay. It?s not the fact that it?s filled with sweeping generalizations or written to a 3rd grade level (I mean, really), it?s the fact that your essay sounds like all the things you?re railing against. Do you think we like to hear idiots on the radio? No we don?t, but that?s exactly who you sound like. ?Bill from Baraboo here, I just wanted to say a few things about the Jets and their loser fans (insert essay) I?ll listen off the air.?
    So what you don?t have Favre anymore? You didn?t have him last week, or last month. Why the hate? Because you used to be a Jets fan? You were never a Jets fan. You rooted for the team that was flashy, and that won. That?s OK. Everyone does that as a kid. What you don?t do is come back 30 something years later and think you can trash that team and it?s fans because you ?used to be one?. You never were and you saying you were is an insult.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Does that mean that the Chuck-E-Cheese Motor Lodge and 36-hole Mini-Golf Drive-In located 80 miles down the road is closed for the evening too?

DAMN!

6. Fred Mertz

Fred Mertz Active Member

Here's his reply:
    Actually, it’s originally Bill from White Plains.

Thanks for reading the piece and writing a great response.

All the very best.

Bill

Here's mine:
    Ha, nice. I figured you would get a lot of F-U, responses, so I’d try to actually piece a few normal words together.
    But seriously, F-You

#46 Fred Mertz, Aug 8, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  7. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

this guy is nothing but a loser douche. you are a failure if all your life has become is an online journalist in wisconsin. i hope he chokes on a brat and drops dead

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I don't care what other people think of Jet fans. I suggest you all take my approach. It's totally beside the point.

9. Wild Thing

Wild Thing New Member

Nah, I don't think so. I'm from Wisconsin originally and live in the Twin Cities now. Most people I know around here think the Jets are a pretty classy team with a solid, knowledgable fan base. I haven't hear one single person say a negative word about New York, the Jets, or the fans since this whole thing started. Most people I know are really excited to see Brett going to a team that's so obviously happy to have him, and we're equally happy to see you guys getting a quarterback who's so much fun to watch. Don't pay any atenton to that bozo; he's just stirring up a shitstorm to increase his readership. Most of us know a lot better.

10. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

Here's what I wrote on his facebook

Sorry you are so bitter.

Once a JETS fan always a JETS fan! Will Favre get booed if he plays poorly? Sure. But winners find a way to instill the winning spirit into others. And Bret is a winner.

So while I tailgate, because I WANT to (what's the closest 5 star restaurant to you? Olive Garden or Chucky Cheese?) and enjoy watching the new stadium being built (yup the one with our friends the Giants - if I wanted to be a Giant fan I could) I'll enjoy watching #4 in a nicer shade of green.

ALL MY LOVE, JOE FROM JERSEY

11. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

yeah, and he's directing that bitterness towards the wrong people.

Lets face it, Farve, and the Packers both fucked that whole thing up, not us.

12. FavreHangover

FavreHangover New Member

While my post count is not 10 yet and I can't read what was written, as a Wisconsin native and diehard Packer fan I originally signed up for this board to thank you for the Packer fan thread as well as congratulate you and wish you luck with my/our sports/childhood hero. However, after stumbling across this topic I have also found some surprisingly ignorant and offensive things being said about my home city and state and don't think my well wishes are welcome here. But since, as I found out here, the local Chuck E Cheese is closed and I don't have anything to do until the next Packer game, I figured I'd at least stop by and remind you that while the author of the comments that so strongly offended you likely won't read this topic, other Wisconsinites are.

You stay classy, New York.

13. FrankieJetFavreFan

Any other responses from this douche?

14. Gloom N Doom

Gloom N Doom Member

I had to go back and read that article a second and third time. Except for the "Blowhard" radio thing (let's be honest, it can be that way at times) and the wannabe Giants comment, I thought it was pretty much spot on. Maybe he was trying to be insulting but it just made me nostalgic for football at Shea and the old AFL attitude.

Heartbreak ? Just about every year since '69. Only one team's fans aren't heartbroken at the end of the season.
    Leering, jeering ? That's kind compared to what my wife says.
    Second fiddle ? Shit, we still play in Giants Stadium.

Why do you let some pissant from Podunk get your boxers in a bunch ?

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i think when he refers to nothing else to do he is referring to the area directly around the stadium, in which case he would be correct there isnt too much around the meadowlands. and although a retarded comment on his part its probably the most truthful and sensible thing he said in that article.

i have to ask is this joe from jersey he is talking about joe beningo?

hey i have no problem being ...the... jets, that is until we win and everyone has a jets jersey on. then i start quizzing and killing :)

16. Theoldfootballfan

Theoldfootballfan New Member

someone must have peed in his cornflakes:rofl:

17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

There are all kinds on this forum. Some classy some not so much. Like I mentioned in the packer fan thread. We have people here that harsh on everything under the sun. Dont doubt you will see negative Favre topics the second he throws his first INT.

18. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Jealous douchebag... Rot in hell.

19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

horrible article and an even more horrible attempt at an eloquent bash. what's with the one word, sentence/paragraph, "modern". this isn't a fucking poem pal...

20. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Well said. i'd probably feel the same if i was in your shoes and read posts laying down smack on my hometown. chances are some of the posters have never even been to Mke.

I happened to spend a weekend there a long time ago. Saw The Dead play the Mecca a couple of times, met some friends from cali there, stayed at the mark plaza (?) hotel, visited the breweries, ate the best German food i had ever eaten, checked out Lake Michigan, and had a good time.

I dont understand why you couldnt read the article, though. Wasnt it a link that you could open, or paste into your browser?

#60 Jetcane, Aug 8, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2008