Packers Fans: Thank you for being classy

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by abyzmul, Aug 7, 2008.

1. ........

........ Trolls

Whoa...I've never ever seen someone quote Cocktail...and have it fit...that's impressive.

I can't imagine this situation going better with any other team. If Favre had played for any other team across the NFL, we'd have fans in here cussing and criticizing and trolling all day long. Packer fans are absolutely THE class of the NFL. I know a lot of Jets fans who could stand to learn something from them (not talking about this board). Rather than letting the way he left color their view of him, they're reveling in the great years he's given them. I wish we had a QB like that in my lifetime that I could honor that way.

2. Wild Thing

Wild Thing New Member

They haven't done anything to the devoted fan base except take a 4-12 team that was in an absolute shambles and take it to 13-3 and one play away from the Super Bowl. Thompson wasn't voted NFL Executive of The Year for destroying the team. People who know football know he's doing one hell of a good job, and that McCarthy is one of the best coaches in the league. Don't be misled by a few disproportionately vocal malcontents; most real Packer fans are fully in support of TT and M3. The fan base is just as devoted as it ever was.

3. Blue Moose

Blue Moose New Member

Just wanted to say this is a great forum. I'm actually enjoying it more than my Packers forums at the moment.

Oh. Manning does suck.

4. TeriB

TeriB New Member

Why are you here? Seriously? You hate Favre so much that you have to come to a Jets board to trash him? You aren't satisfied yet Ted? Go enjoy your fabulous new team and the dishonorable way you treated Favre on a Packers fan board, and leave the man in peace finally. You got everything you wanted, and you're still vindictive? You're pathetic. Seek help.

#84 TeriB, Aug 8, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  5. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

You're going to fit in here just fine. I like you already. :up:

6. TeriB

TeriB New Member

I was TRYING to ignore him. His posting this trash here actually says more about him than Favre, but really . . . it's just absurd.

7. Ray

Ray New Member

And that 13-3 team, the youngest in the league, had Brett Favre as QB. Funny how all of a sudden he's not good enough.

I'd say right now it's about 50/50, those numbers will change depending on the success of Rodgers, and if he stays healthy.

Have been a Packer fan since Lombardi, that will never change. But, sorry, just can't see how going into the season with 3 QB's who have never started a game, 2 of those rookies, makes any sense.

TT has never once said that the Packers will be a better team with AR, just that we are moving on. If Favre is the better QB, which seems to be the opinion of everyone I've heard, why is he not on the field?

Because TT wants it to be HIS team, not #4's.

8. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

You'll have to visit the bunker for a beer and casual conversation. We go there to relax from the stress of the regular forum. :smile:

9. TeriB

TeriB New Member

Thanks for the invite. I'm loving this board. It's my favorite format, vBulliten, and y'all are so gracious! :beer:

10. Theoldfootballfan

Theoldfootballfan New Member

Thanks for giving our HOF QB a good home , He will work his A$$ off for you.

Popular to belief the major population of wis does not believe it time to move on ,it?s the small % who actually have the control to make the decision & the small % of fans that actually post on any website would like you to think thats how it is, But go to any watering hole and 99.9% would have Brett favre HERE & Tight Teddy gone.
    So, no sugar before bed and make sure he gets his Cheese for strong bones.

God bless the New York JETS for giving him a loving home?

11. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

TO A good jigglin season! may the jets with favre show the pats that you don't have to cheat to win, you just need a good team, and a good quarterback, and management without brain damage.

12. S.Kolber set Joe up!

I have to agree, the Cheeseheads have been classy. Thank you guys.

13. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

I'll jump in on the cheesehead love as well. Nothing but class from you guys, a lot of fans (Jet fans included) could learn a lot by being around you guys.

14. Blue Moose

Blue Moose New Member

Mobius:

Believe me, a lot of folks on Packers forums could learn a lot from this place too;).

Manning sucks,

TM

15. Fan4Favre

Fan4Favre New Member

TeriB, Wildthing is exactly the type of poster that is running many of the Packer fans away from their old stomping grounds....and on to support Brett with the Jets fans. They didn't want Favre on the Packer team, he's gone, and they just can't let go of their Favre hate and Thompson love. Time will tell. Shouldn't they just stay on Packer forums and spout their love for their boy Rodgers? Their insecurity tells me they are worried about their QB situation now.

16. ........

........ Trolls

I would tend to agree with that. Message boards have an odd effect on fan bases. At least you know that you have a very knowledgeable and devoted fan base as a whole. There are just the oddball idiots who come on boards to post their nonsense. Our fans, on the other hand, have always had a poor reputation in real life. I live in LA now and have to constantly hear about how Jets fans are the biggest idiots and drunken assholes in the NFL. You come on the board, however, and you see just how devoted and knowledgeable many of our fans are.

Anyone who is a true Packer fan has to at least be concerned with the QB situation. A good friend of mine is a lifelong Packer diehard. His take? He can't fault the Pack, but he can't fault Brett either. He feels both sides were in a horrible position and did what they needed to do. Having said that, he's heartbroken and admits he has no idea what to expect out of Aaron Rodgers. I don't see how anyone could know what to expect.

17. TeriB

TeriB New Member

Also, I think they're bitter about how the team, because of this debacle, is being viewed nationally, and the Jets being so incredibly honorable and welcoming right now toward Favre, is just making it worse. That's a bummer for them, lol. Coming here and acting like jerks isn't going to make that perception any better, that's for sure, only worse.

18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Couple of things here:

-Wow pack fans, you are great fans. Both in your support of your team and the HOF QB that you are parting with. Big props and thanks.

-Some can come and trash Farve or the Jets and its OK. Emotions are raw for many right now and we understand. Plus, this is the Jets board. We are used to having someone trash just about anything under the sun.

- While its nice to shout "Manning sucks"....our real chant is Brady sucks!

-I side with the Favre on the Favre vs management thing. The Packers are a team with a genuine shot at the SB this year. Why let the guy who gives you the best chance to get there get away? It cant be considered a good move by management?

In closing, let me just say that we can never appraciate or love Favre the way you Packer fans do. BUT! If Farve can lead us to victory over NE, Jets fans will be walking on cloud nine and come close to the love you feel.

It is my hope that Packer fans might also find some joy from the Jets beating NE and appreciate it for what its worth. You will truely see how your hero touches us. Hopefully all of us.

Go Jets! Go Pack! Lets try and meet in the SB and have a big party....

#98 ouchy, Aug 8, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  19. Ray

Ray New Member

I believe Packer fans have been spoiled, they have had 16 years to forget what bad QB play really is. He never missed a start.

Hope not, but they may be getting their memories refreshed shortly.

In honor of all the new Packer/Jet fans, could we get a Bears Still Suck icon?

I hate Brady, the Cheatriots are due for a letdown. Bellicheat is nuts.

20. Fan4Favre

Fan4Favre New Member

I'll have to look for one of those "Bears Still Suck" icon/avatar. ....I need one and can't find anything I like yet.