David Clowney

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by steviep, Aug 7, 2008.

1. CleanFernandez

CleanFernandez New Member

he played really well, I think clowney is gonna make dbs look like clowns

2. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Clowney looks like he can steal that 3rd Reciever slot... Gonna be alot of comp for it and so far he's winning it.

3. rillo

rillo New Member

Just nasty...I hope this works :jets:

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I've heard alot of good things about him, he showed some of it last night.

5. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

did you see him last night? kids got some skills.

6. ATL-JET

ATL-JET Active Member

Me being in Atlanta the past 13 years I rarely get to see a lot of the New Jets new additions, until the games come on or I see highlights in YouTube or the Jets site.

ComCRASH (Comcast for the slow) does not offer the SNY network (note to self: Go back to DirecTV or Dish Network)

I had NO IDEA how good this kid was, he is a BEAST and a BLAZER too.

JESUS, he just blew right by those DBs and I don't wanna hear any crap about it being the 2nd team D.

Speed is speed, and he has decent hands too. I want him AND Ratliff on this team I HOPE it's possible we keep 5 WRs and 4 QBs. But I doubt it.

:up:

7. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Clowney really had a presence in the game. It was eye-opening. We will see if he continues to do well in the coming weeks, but he certainly looks like he can make a contribution to this team.

8. Rocinante

Rocinante New Member

I think Clowney and Brett already have a rapport when they were teammates in Green Bay, and Brett loves the receiver who can rack up the YAC. It looks as if Clowney is ready to take the spot that Brad Smith can't lock up..

9. tangini_disciple

tangini_disciple New Member

the big question is who gets cut?

coles
    cotch
    clown
    stuck
    wright/smith/that guy we drafted

10. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

Stuckey will be slot our WR...barring injury. Stuckey catches everyting thrown at him, and runs his routes very well. How about that catch on about the 10 yard line from Ratliff. High and slightly behind him and in traffic he makes the adjustment for the catch.

Clowney as shown last night can run fast and straight....That's great when running from the cops, but not so good for the NFL. If that was the primary requisite for an NFL WR Jonathan Carter would still be on this team.

A WR MUST RUN PASS ROUTES. Can Clowney? No one knows from last night.
    IF he can't every DC in the NFL will put a DB up in his face on the LOS and make him completely useless. With that said...the comeback route was nice, but still not much of a route.

It was good to know he played ST at Virginia Tech and it was nice to see him down field to make the tackle on the kickoff. This only helps his chances of sticking to hte active roster.

I'm routing for the guy. I think both he and Wright have more to offer, if allowed to develop than Brad Smith. I've posted this before but I think Smith is the last player cut this year.

11. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

now im really wondering how manyWR's we're gonna carry. because that still leaves Wright, Ball, and Henry...

12. ATL-JET

ATL-JET Active Member

Coles and JCotch will NOT be cut so you can just scratch those names off your list

Clowney and stuckey will make the team, will we carry a 5th and who will it be?

I'm thinking Henry if we do or Smith and Henry can possibly wind on the PS, it's hard to say about that 5th slot.

13. TexasJet

TexasJet New Member

Watching Favre as I was growing up (jeez, he's been in the league long), as long as our wide receivers realize that they will have to fight for the ball, since Favre will not hesitate to "sqeeze" it in there, we will do well. With Coles, Cotchery, they are physical - so that benefits us.

14. tangini_disciple

tangini_disciple New Member

i actually think clowney is good for 3 wr sets, not as slot but as an outside guy. we'd probably move coles to the slot and leave cotch on the outside. his speed fits favre's game so much better than the possession based stuckey. that said, if we leave coles on the outside, stuckey should be the slot guy.

15. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

Clowney almost looks as amazing as Stevie Andersen...

Let's calm down guys. He's got tools, but let's calm down.

-X-

16. mbeals47

mbeals47 New Member

Clowney

From a Tech fan I can tell you as other posters said this guy is talented but wasn't utilized enough to showcase his abilities in college.

He was a sprinter in high school so this clearly shows he has the speed aspect. Now as far as doing intangibles, running routes, blocking, and catching the ball properly he still needs to work on those things. But he's a good talent and can stretch the field, something that would not work if the Jets had Pennington back there.