The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I don't know how #1 helps them. I agree with 2 & 3 though.

3 things in the Jets favor:

1) His wife prefers NY.
    2) His wife has a vagina.
    3) He has said he'd prefer to play in a cold climate location.

I'd say we have at least a 40% chance right now.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I think Jesus should be on the playing field. Let Paul be the coach.

3. BSartist

BSartist New Member

I'd say we're still very much in the game boys....if that report is accurate I doubt the Packers will accept a trade with the Bucs at all. They just want this to end and don't want to have to face Favre later this year. They will keep forcing the Jets on him till he relents. If he wants to play at all this year, he has no choice but to play for us!! SWEET!

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

yeah...i made reference to Tampa hosting the Super Bowl....because in Favre's mind, he wants to go to a contender ( i don't agree that the Bucs are a contender, cause their division sucks..but that's another ball of wax).....and if Favre believes that he could take Tampa to the Super Bowl and win it...what better way than to do that in front of the home crowd.

Now, I don't believe any of that shit will happen...this is total speculation on what i think Favre's motives stem from.

5. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

he keeps saying things that imply the packers gm told him one thing , then something else later. it's personal now for favre to stick it to thompson.

just like when bellichek bolted for the pats and took a parting shot at gutman on the way out the door.

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

For those in the east, Letterdude is on now, so turn to CBS. Last night there were some CBS News Special Reports about Favre. I am expecting more stuff tonight.

7. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

One thing needs to be clear...if Farte comes to the NYJ, he's here for one thing only: to win the Super Bowl. None of this "mentoring Clemens" bullshit. He'll probably just get the young QBs drunk. Don't expect them to be better for having been on the same roster as Brett Farte.

8. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Why the fuck else would he be coming here...to drown himself in the culture New York has to offer??!!

9. BSartist

BSartist New Member

I would LOVE to see Coles and Cotchery catching passes from Brett Favre...that would be absolutely amazing...

10. Green Lantern 80

Deanna - NY offers you fine shopping, broadway shows, latest fashions and a great offensive line to protect your husband. Tampa can give you none of those!

11. Graytness

Graytness Member

I can't believe there are still people who are against bringing Favre in. It looks like he is going to end up in TB, but the reports that his family wants him in NY is promising for us.

Forget all of this, "Sets us back 2-3 year," talk! Honestly, how many people here have seen the Jets win a SB? How many people here have seen the Jets PLAY in a SB? I'm sure it's not many. Listen, Favre gives us the best chance at winning. We don't have an extremely young team anyway. Like many people said about the team's offseason moves, they are trying to win NOW.

I understand the people who think it sets us back, but none of those people know for sure if Clemens is the answer. I Me? I'm sick of being one of those teams that is in an endless rebuilding mode.

12. BSartist

BSartist New Member

THANK YOU.

13. Graytness

Graytness Member

You're quite welcome. I mean, there are people here who are favoring Chad over Favre!?!?!? These are the same people who probably cheered when Chad went down early last season. Yet, they are choosing him over one of the greatest, albeit aging, QBs to ever play the game. Sadly, at 38 Favre had a season Chad would kill for.

14. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Dear lord we still have a shot, come on baby get brett!

15. jetsleader

jetsleader New Member

Love him, hate him, love him, hate him.

As Jets fans, we're along for this ride as the news changes each day. And each day, it seems our feelings about Favre and his role change. And each day, the team goes on a similar ride - trying to bond in training camp, not knowing if their team is going to have a new leader. And let's not forget the lack of confidence the process must instill in our quarterbacks, as the team continuously pursues a trade for Favre. Finally, the confidence factor for the team, who continuously hears that Brett Favre doesn't want to go to the Jets....that he wants to go to a contender.

Eventually, the coaching staff and front office must realize that this virus that's affecting the Green Bay Packers can negatively impact us, as well. Considering there's only four weeks until the start of the regular season, they must allow this team to bond and move forward together.

#1195 jetsleader, Aug 6, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  16. In Mangini We Trust

In Mangini We Trust New Member

Bucs likely to acquire Brett Favre

watching sportscenter late night...no link but it says on the bottom line

BREAKING NEWS:"tampa bay likely to acquirre brett favre"...BREAKING NEWS

17. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I just can't see it happening, I mean come on, why would the packers want to send him to Tampa over NY? And why the hell would favre wanna go play in the heat of florida?

Ugh don't let it be so...

18. The Dark Knight

Likely? haha! All these reports are guesses. They have been for weeks. Its laughable.

19. The Dark Knight

Oh.

Favre On Verge Of Joining Bucs
    Posted By Ira Kaufman at Aug 06, 2008 at 12:10 AM
    Updated Aug 06, 2008 at 12:35 AM

The Brett Favre saga is about to end with the NFL icon in pewter.

The Tribune has learned Favre will not stand in the way of a trade from Green Bay to Tampa Bay and the deal is likely to be finalized within 24 hours.

The chances of the trade unraveling are remote and Favre has indicated to the Bucs directly that he is willing to change teams after 16 years of growing his legend in Green Bay.

The Packers, unwilling to deal the 3-time league MVP to an NFC North rival, view the Bucs as a compromise in this ugly impasse. The Bucs view Favre as an upgrade on QB Jeff Garcia, who made the Pro Bowl in 2007 while leading Tampa Bay to an NFC South title.

Once it became clear to Favre that he wasn?t welcome back in Green Bay, he became more flexible in terms of accepting a trade to clubs outside the division. The Bucs have been interested in Favre since last month, when he announced he wanted to play again.

The Bucs could make the trade announcement official by Wednesday, but Favre will have little time to learn Coach Jon Gruden?s complex system because the Bucs open the regular season Sept. 7 at division rival New Orleans.

20. In Mangini We Trust

In Mangini We Trust New Member

Brett Favre will likely be a Buccaneer within the next 24 hours, according to the Tampa Tribune.

Just like that. The Trib calls the chances of a trade not happening "remote" after Favre gave the Bucs approval to deal for him. If the report is true, Favre will be playing against his former team in Week 4, in an away game for the Packers. The trade could reportedly be announced as soon as Wednesday. Aug. 6 - 1:56 am et

www.rotoworld.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.