The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

REPORT: PACKERS, JETS IN ?SERIOUS TALKS?
    Posted by Michael David Smith on July 31, 2008, 8:53 p.m. EDT
    The Green Bay Press-Gazette is reporting that the New York Jets are in serious talks with the Green Bay Packers and Brett Favre?s agent about a trade that would send Favre to the Big Apple.

In fact, there?s actually a headline right now on the Press-Gazette web site reading, ?All But Over: Favre to Go to Jets (It?s Over: Favre traded to Jets)? although there?s no story under that headline, and it has the appearance of something that was mistakenly put up by an overzealous web producer. (UPDATE: That headline has now been removed.)

However, there?s no mistaking that the Press-Gazette is reporting that the Jets ?have shown a growing interest? in Favre, and they now appear to be the favorites to land him.

Favre was reportedly planning to fly from Mississippi to Green Bay this evening, but he has apparently now canceled those plans[/QUOTE]

Wow, I was starting to think the deal was all but done because I really had the impression Brett had all but no interest in playing for the jets.

2. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

yup, I want farve to announce it on ESPN tomorrow morning. "I have breaking news, I have been traded to the New york Jets for a 7 th round selection, and a specialty tee-shirt I made myself to toss into the deal, (holds up shirt, "Fuck off Ted!") also I am here to announce the trade of Chad Pennington to the Minnesota vikings for their first a 4th round selections in 2008 and 2009 respectively. Chris I'm excited to be here in NY and i would just like to say, Go Jets!"

unless that occurs, I wont believe he wants to be here, even if he is traded here...

3. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Yes, the clip is all of 45 seconds long... they run it like every third commercial break...

4. 624

624 Banned

5. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

well i have to be at work in a little over 6 hours... and it appears nothing else will happen tonight, so im off to bed see you all in the morning.

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

i know this off topic, but great avatar dude :rofl:

7. KBJET

KBJET Member

yea same here. hopefully i wake up with some good news

8. 624

624 Banned

haha thanks :smile:

9. Dr. Christian Troy

Dr. Christian Troy New Member

The fact that he wants to play in Minnesota over NY shows me the kind of s**tkicker he is. I mean, Penny might be redneck, but at least Penny WANTS to play in NY. This guy has never flinched once in the HARSHEST of criticism.
    Is Brett Favre seriously this big of an irrational, illogically thinking pussy? And I'm not questioning his valor on the gridiron, or his toughness. But he doesn't want to come at this point? I'm already over him. He's seriously more complicated than the craziest girlfriends I've ever had.
    I want whoever loses our current QB battle to be traded the next day for a pick that might lead to our QB in '09. And if the winner of this year's competition proves successful, we're all good. Clemens or Penny or bust.
    But at this point, I don't want Favre. I'll take him over the aforementioned terrible twos of course b/c he presents a better chance of winning.
    But after all the desiring and all the flirting...my feelings for him were fleeting at best. If he does get off his high horse and comes and, as expected, pushes Pennington out and then subsequently bombs on the field, I will hate this prick forever. Shit, I'll go to Canton when he goes and bring a busload of Jets fans to boo every word he says during his induction. Penny can drive the bus. If it's a Greyhound I charter, he might be.
    I was excited a week ago when I first saw we had permission to talk.
    Enough with the games. Want US, or F YOU.

10. JumboJet

JumboJet New Member

A Per Jim Rome on ESPN Radio

He's chartered a plane to GB. This will never end, LOL

11. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

Go read the latest info I just posted.

12. JumboJet

JumboJet New Member

Sorry, I'm at work and this is a little hard to follow.

Rome must be a little behind also. He's stil reporting the charter. Maybe it's on gain?

#912 JumboJet, Jul 31, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

this quote from Favre's interview with Ed Werder bothers me:

14. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

2004 it was Vilma. 2001 it was John Abraham.

The only good jersey bets are throw backs.

15. I bleed Jets Green

I bleed Jets Green New Member

I didn't know about him till you just mentioned it. All I have heard was about Ainge, Chad, & Clemens. But thank you for the info.

16. I bleed Jets Green

I bleed Jets Green New Member

NO! It's called giving the man the respect he deserves for the good he has done here, no matter how little it may be. People trashed on Vinny when they wanted him out & Chad came in. If Clemens is the man who takes over then let's go. If Ainge takes over let's go. If Ratliff takes over, let's go. If Chad somehow stays, then let's go.

You can spew this all you want if you think what I did was a pro Chad post. If you have been following the news stories from ESPN. Farve wants to remain in Green Bay as the starter or go to the Vikings. If he comes here, his heart won't be in it. I don't want Farve intentionally throwing ducks at the Dolphins on Week 1 & to the Pats on Week 2. If you want that with Farve, then that's your mess up.

17. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

"Favre admitted as much late Thursday night in a text message to ESPN's Ed Werder. "My intentions have been to play, and with Green Bay," Favre wrote. "They say no, so I still want to play in this division for obvious reasons, which I made clear to management. If they won't let me play in Green Bay, let me play against you. That's where I am."

Favre also told Werder that accepting a $20 million, 10-year offer to work for the Packers in a nonplaying role, in other words take what on the surface looks like nothing more than a bribe, "may be the best in the end."
    .startribune.com/sports/vikings (i cant post links)

I went from so friggin :jets: to :hackett: in an hour when i heard this.

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Can we just move past this? I cannot believe we are dumb enough to trade for favre.

19. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

well Junc it doesn't look like we will get the chance to be dumb enough to trade for favre

20. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

This is all such a pile of horse shit!. Depending on what channel , or show you watch, they've got one report,"FAVRE'S AGENT AND JETS CLOSE TO A DEAL", then on the next show," FAVRE REFUSES TO PLAY FOR THE N.Y.JETS".
    Today an article in the daily news says,"if Farve's agent is talking to the Jets, it means he's open to the idea of playing there". No it does'nt! It means one of two things:
    1-The "serious talks" bullshit , is just a scare tactic, to get teams he really wants to play for, more interested in makin a move, or
    2- Make another team up an offer, that was previously dicussed with Favre's agent
    Everybody around the NY/NJ area knows, NY is always added to an equation, when talking about aquiring a player, to EXTRACT MORE $$$$$!
    I, for one, do not believe the Jets have any real interest in brining Favre, to NY.I also don't believe Favre wants to play for us. It's for that reason alone, that i say FUCK BRETT FAVRE!
    He's a great player, no question about it, but if he does'nt want us, THEN I DON'T WANT HIM!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.