Florham Park

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

So, between today's practice sessions I took a trip to Florham Park, NJ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't know how they are going to move there this fall, as the place looked far from being completed...

2. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Petrozza...

You have been on the move. Cool pics and reports.. Thanks.

3. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

how was the afternoon?

4. atkinson

atkinson New Member

nice pics,looks like they have a ways to go.

5. Bosko

Bosko Guest

Yeah, great pics... But...

Who's gonna have the dough to go there once the PSL licenses kick in?

Oh waitaminnit... Someone just told me how to get tickets to future NY sportin events:
    www.stubhub.com

Apparently, they signed a deal with the Devil...
    And the Yankees, and the Mets, and the Knicks, and every other local sports team. Now that scalping is legal (mostly thanks to stubhub), our local sports teams can extort ticket prices on the front end, and make back their losses through the back end (i.e. stubhub.com).

6. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

I can say that the big building you are looking at seemed to go up in a day. One day it was there and there was nothing and the next day there was a huge building up.

7. Maryland Jet

Maryland Jet New Member

I can see Woody charging for admission to training camp starting next season. But don't worry the PSL's for training camp won't be coming for a few year yet.

8. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

heh I can't begin to describe what a shithole that place is, starting with shit (literally) in the grass around the site.

9. allan1

allan1 Active Member

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Which road is it on? I work off Columbia Turnpike. Florham Park is an abyss to get to. I live in Bergen, and it's the worst commute ever.

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Uh..it's the old Exxon headquarters site, isn't it? That puts it right on 24. Hardly difficult to get to unless you are trying to get there by bus maybe.

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

From the northeastern most point in Bergen County (Northvale) to Florham Park, it is not easy. Traffic down there is a disaster come 5 PM.

To get there I have to take the Garden State South to 80W to Exit 52, to 280 East to Eisenhower parkway, to Columbia turnpike.

on the way home I take, 24 to 80E to GS-N or 24 to 287 to the Palisades South It is NOT easy to get to unless you live in that shit hole area.

Thanks for the clarification though.

13. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

wtf, why does everyone say its a shithole area? Its located in a pretty nice area. I've been on the site several times. The area is nice, really. Its right off route 24. The actual street that its off of is Park Ave.

If you work on Columbia Turnpike, just take that towards Route 24/287 and hang a left onto Park Ave.

14. Beast Mode

Beast Mode New Member

Its on Park Ave at the border of Florham Park and Madison.

The traffic is a problem, but the developer is supposed to make some improvements to make it better. During training camp, parking will probably be at Farleigh Dickinson and shuttles running to the site if you drive.

If you take the train, there's also a plan to run shuttles from the Convent Station stop to the site as well.

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I don't know much aside from what I see on the drive in and the extreme vicinity of my work, but Florham Park and livingston are under developed IMO.

16. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Florham Park is a really nice (read: rich) community. My uncle works as a stock broker with Merril Lynch and commutes from there. Really good area.

17. Beast Mode

Beast Mode New Member

That's because Morris County (Florham Park) doesn't have to develop their town in an effort to chase after every ratable available. They put a premium on open space while maintaining a solid tax base. Its not underdeveloped. You're just used to areas that are overdeveloped.

18. Pavlus53

Pavlus53 Member

It would be a big mistake to charge admission to training camp. The Redskins did that a few years ago and that meant opposing teams' scouts could buy a ticket and watch the practice. I believe the Cowboys sent someone every day.

As long as the practices are free to watch, opposing scouts are supposed to stay clear.

19. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

I live about 30 miles west of the new jets facility and if you guys think that Florham Park is underdeveloped, you should get a load of my neck of the woods. To me, Morris county is hyper developed compared to west jersey. It's all a matter of perspective.

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

We can agree to disagree. I'm sure people choose to live here (I say here because I'm at work now...) because they want inaccessibility.

That said, I am excited for the move. I definitely will apply with the Jets again, hopefully I get another offer.