Who will we draft at 29?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dwalsh, Apr 3, 2006.

?

Who to pick at #29?

1. Nick Mangold | C | Ohio State

42.9%
  2. Bobby Carpenter | OLB | Ohio State

4.3%
  3. Manny Lawson | DE | NC State

10.0%
  4. DeAngelo Williams | RB | Memphis (i think that there is a good chance he will drop this far)

12.9%
  5. LenDale White | RB | USC

7.1%
  6. Laurence Maroney | RB | Minnesota

7.1%
  7. Eric Winston | OT | Miami (Fl)

5.7%
  8. Marcus McNeill | OT | Auburn

5.7%
  9. OTHER

4.3%
  1. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Who do you guys think that we will draft at 29, assuming we keep the pick.

2. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Everyone knows how good Mangold is, there is a ton of talk about how great of a Center he can be and we need one so I can't see why we wouldn't take him if he is there....

3. parafly

parafly New Member

Mangold is the obvious choice. We need to fill in all of our holes on the OL, and mangold will be the best center available. I cannot think of a better replacement for Mawae. Hopefully he will make it to #29.

4. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

If Deangelo is there at 29 that would be beautiful. I just don't see it happening though.

5. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I don't think Mangold will be there too many teams know we need him and that is always a bad thing!

6. cox51

cox51 New Member

LenDale White would be a great addition but it all starts with the line especially your center.

7. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Please stop the the man love for Mangold. We will not be taking a Center in the 1st round. Quality cheap centers can be found in free agency or in the mid rounds of the draft. If We were to take Mangold at 29 with our current situation at tackle that would be a disaster.

8. parafly

parafly New Member

Who are these quality cheap centers you speak of?

I agree that our tackle situation is not good, but our center situation is just as bad, if not worse.

9. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Why should people not want him though is the question? He is a first round talent a position of need...he would fit in real nice.

10. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I say other. All those people make sense at 29, which is exactly why we won't take any of them...

11. nyj4ever

nyj4ever New Member

i would still have to stick with Lendale White....although his pro day was not as good as expected...the kid is a "man-child" and has the HUGE potential to be a pro-bowler...and would come cheap if he is still there at 29.....he could be molded and groomed by C-mart.

Mangold would be nice too....although i do feel that Kendall now playing center would be alright for a 1-2 year stop-gap time frame...and maybe get a quality center via free-agency next off season.....

however....if we keep 4 and 29.....and pick Brick and Mangold....that should set up a solid line for years to come.....if we can get Leinart and White....and is a HUGE backfield for years to come...and also good selections.

12. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

It depands on who we take at #4, if we take D'brick then we will take Lawson, if we take Williams then we will take Mangold or Winston. All I know is, I am sick of waiting for the draft.

13. Beamen

Beamen New Member

If Williams is still there somehow at 29, he has GOT to be the pick! He looks like the whole package as a RB.. Definitely my #2 RB in the draft after Bush, and the best value pick at 29..

14. Brooks Brady

Brooks Brady New Member

Agreed, if not, Mangold is the pick.

15. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Why would taking Mangold make our tackle situation a disaster? Why do you want cheap center? A good one is like another QB out there. Mangold has the chance to be special.

16. minexdy1013

minexdy1013 New Member

Guys must be pissed as hell when Chad went down with that arm injury. We in SD were just as pissed when Brees went down, too. We need an OL as well as an upgrade at Center. Mangold and Spencer would be good replacements for both our teams. We'd trade the world for that #4 pick.

17. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I want DeAngelo Williams but did not vote for him because there is no way in hell that the 2nd best back in the draft isn't picked by then (he will probably be gone by #10). I voted other, because I want us to pick WR Sinorice Moss. Speed and great skill just like his brother.

18. JETTS216

JETTS216 New Member

marcus mcneil coz they think he isnt related to freeman... remember we didnt sign joe Klecko's son?

19. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Center is not a position you need to use a first round pick on. How many of the all the top tier centers in the league were first round picks? It's not a position that you need to draft that high. You can find a guy in the third round and coach him up. I wonder how many of us have actually seen Mangold over the course of his college career more the once? Just because the Jets have a need for a center doesn't mean we have to fill that need in the first round of this years draft. We have pleny of needs, QB, RB, Tackle, Guard, NT, a pass rusher and we're not going to fill all of them in one offseason.

The Patriots starting Center Dan Koppen I beleive was a 4th or 5th round pick. The best centers in the league take a few years to really get good. I would much prefer someone in the mid rounds and I think the front office probably agrees.

20. camp80

camp80 New Member

If we take a defensive player with #4 then we should take Mangold if he is available at #29.