Green Guy

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, May 19, 2008.

1. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I think that's a fantastic idea. I was never able to hold a candle to him during Jets-related arguments, and he even owned me a few times. One of the most knowledgable Jet fans around, for sure.

2. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

RIP Green Guy and God Bless. Been on the board for a while and read many of his posts.....he'll be missed. Prayers to his family and friends.

3. Satire?

Satire? Guest

ima pore a lil colt onna flo 2nite 4u.

r.i.p.

4. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

My thoughts and prayers to G.G, his friends and family. 44 was way too few years to have been with us. Tis a sad, sad day here in ganggreen land. May he rest in peace.

5. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

wow I remember Green Guy when he first came to this board and I was a mod. He was a great person. He really was passionate about the Jets. If he was half as passionate about life as he was about the Jets then he lived a full life.

RIP Green Guy

6. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Aw man. Just saw this..

Damn, GG was an excellent poster and had a good vibe about him.

He will be missed ..

RIP bro ...
    [​IMG]

7. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Just saw this.............RIP Green Guy

8. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Sad to hear, my condolences

This should remind us that football is just a game, and try to enjoy it instead of spending hours venting about a player you hate or a play that went wrong. At the end of the day, its still just a beautiful game.

I'll miss GG, he was a hell of a poster. 44 is too young to go. Have fun upstairs brother

#128 Gubernaculum, May 20, 2008
    Last edited: May 20, 2008
  9. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

His father sent a picture of Green Guy with his daughter at Hofstra in 2007.

[​IMG]

and also the following letter:

To all my friends on the Gang Green;

Dorothy and I send you all our heartfelt thanks for your kind words and thoughts.

Michael (the Green Guy) grew up watching football. At first he joined my Saturday college game watching, where I explained the positions and assignments for each player. We started to carefully study individuals for drafting the best possible player for the Jets. He was 7 when we took him to Shea for his first game (1970). He was so impressed by being able to see the whole field, both O & D players and was soon calling the plays. Amazing how fast he picked it up. And how good he was! The 3 of us never missed a single game until he left for college.

He joined the board on 08/27/2002 and told me about it. I joined the next week. This way we could post our thoughts and ?argue? our reasoning. His writing ability, vision of what happened and logic most often prevailed. He had a photographic memory and I used him often for reference.

We had a pact that the 3 of us would go to the next Jet Super Bowl, no matter where or when. Regrettably, that did not happen and now can never happen for the three of us.

He was married (Karen) for 7 years and had a daughter (Morgan) who became a Jet fan at 2 years old, happily doing the; JETS, JETS, JETS chant. She is now 5 ?. I?ll be flying back to NY to take her to a Yankee game (Michael?s other team) even though her mother and I are Dodger fans, because Michael promised to take her to a game.

Michael had some minor health problems but was cleared by his Doctor to go to San Francisco. There we were to meet him, Karen and Morgan and spend the week on vacation. He took one day and went to San Jose for a job interview. He got the job and was very pleased as he would be able to run it out of his home in Croton on Hudson, NY. He expressed some breathing concerns but refused to go to a hospital in SF. He wanted to go home. We flew back to Vegas on Saturday morning and he flew back to NY in the evening. Karen said he had breathing problems on the plane and they had to give him oxygen. He again refused medical help coming off the plane and wanted to get back to Croton. He felt worse on the drive and had Karen leave him at the hospital in Westchester while she took Morgan home. The emergency Doctors started some testing but he went into cardiac arrest. They revived him and put him on a respirator. We were called and made immediate arrangements to go to NY. Sadly we were met at 5am Monday by family members who told us that he had a second cardiac arrest about 2 hours after the first one and didn?t survive.

When we lived on Long Island, I went to Hofstra to watch pre-season practice every year. When we moved to Vegas, we always scheduled oe trip back so that we could attend at least one practice. Last year, we went with Michael and Morgan. I don?t think I?ll be back there this year. Lately, I have ot posted much during pre-season and generally waited until the third or fourth game before generating any opinion about players or coaches. I?ll probably follow that tack again this year.

Our heartfelt thanks to all of you Jet fans for your kind words and thoughts. I have printed them out and sometime in the future may give them to Morgan so she can read about her Daddy and how well respected he was. In the meantime, hug all your loved ones often and tell them how much you love them.

LV Coach

[​IMG]
    Dec. 7, 1963 - April 27, 2008

10. Ryan

Ryan Banned

may you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you are dead

11. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I'll see what I can do....

Peace
    The Mezz

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

So sorry to hear this. Life is short and then it's gone before you know it. I hope he had a great time when he was with us and that his family recovers from the loss of such a vibrant young man.

13. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Sorry to hear the news. It's a real tragedy to have to say goodbye to someone so young. RIP Green Guy, you will be missed.

14. ESCRONDON

ESCRONDON Member

Very sad news.....................

My thoughts are with all of his family.

15. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I haven't been on this board for a long time, but still I feel for this horrible news. RIP and god bless his family and loved ones.

16. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

Very distrubing news

I am shocked. I never dreamed about this happening to GG. I am deeply saddened. May our Jets brother rest in peace!

17. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

The photo of him having a great time with his daughter certainly puts things into perspective and makes you appreciate just how important your time with loves ones really is.

18. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

Thanks for the note LV Coach. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Rest in peace, Green Guy.

19. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Thanks for the picture and letter, LV Coach. I hope little Morgan will end up posting on this board 10 years from now, and continue the tradition.

20. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

By the way, I remember a board meltdown back in 2002 that wiped out all the accounts, so we all had to recreate them. I remember Green Guy being a member since Herm was announced HC.