Season Ticket Holders

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 17a_tailgater, May 1, 2008.

1. ess-dog

ess-dog New Member

I'll be about a week behind you for #2. Congrats to you as well!

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Now if only they could be born on the Bye Week... :beer:

3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

me too.

auctioned off a kidney, on e-bay

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

like my 3rd child magnolia, oct 15th 3rd birthday.
    poor game planning ess-dog & pats hater.
    in 05 this was our schedule for oct.
    Oct 2 - at Baltimore - L (3-13)
    Oct 9 - Tampa Bay - W (14-12)
    Oct 16 - at Buffalo - L (17-27)
    Oct 24 - at Atlanta - L (14-27)
    Week 8 BYE Nov 6 - San Diego - L (26-31)

didnt miss much

5. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

My younger daughter was born Nov 4, 2005. We carried her in the house for the first time right about the time Wayne Chrebet made the last catch of his career in the San Diego game. Ended his career to get the first down inside the 10 and Brooks Bollinger still couldn't get us into the end zone.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'm in for four... most expensive seats in the fucking house though.

I called the ticket office and asked about the new stadium seats and how they relate to where my seats are now. The woman on the phone seemed quite knowledgable and told me, "You'll be offered 'comparable' seats and 'other options.""

After feeling her out, it's as I assumed all along... Mezz Ticketholders will be offered the remainder of whatever is left in the Mezz section after all the enclosed, pansy-ass, Casper Milk Toast "box" seats are sold. And the price will be STEEP, even for those remaining. So, then, if I want to move "down" to other, more desireable seats in other "less desirable" sections, I'll be able to take those seats and those people will be moved out and displaced in lesser seats than they had before.

The whole thing will be a dribble down effect until every freakin' seat is filled, even up to the uncovered nose-bleed sections which don't even offer cover from Pidgeon droppings or Seagull accidents. The whole thing is designed to cater to the out-of-town, perk-induced, corporate asshole from Toledo or Memphis or Blue Balls, PA who gets his tickets to a "real, honest-to-goodness" Jets game and could give a shit less who wins or loses.

7. jetophile

None of it bodes well. I'm fully prepared to get shafter every which way there is. After having the seats since 1960, that fact won't amount to a hill of beans. You can put THAT in the bank, as opposed to all the money we'll all be out of.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Team loyalty is a thing of the past. To them, kindness is weakness and generosity is stupidity, as they say. The same applies to team loyalty, which, in their eyes, equates to emotional instability and blind allegiance no matter how much they're porked by the Front Office. You're a weak-livered fool for wanting to attend a Jets game with your family and root for the local team.

You're better off being a die-hard Patriots fan from Boston, working for Bank of America and looking for seats to a Patriots-Jets game. For that kind of ticket seeker, there's total respect. Hell, put him in the best seats in the fucking house so he can root his ass off for Brady and Moss.

It's totally disgusting. The whole thing is the ruination of team loyalty and local support as we know it. The convoluted thinking knows no bounds. Those that have spent the most to support the team get the shaft and those that have never rooted for a Jets team in their lives and will continue to despise the team for all of eternity get front row 50-yard liners.

9. Elvis

Elvis Member

I love going to the games, enjoying our tailgate, and in general enjoy the whole gameday experience. But by the time you pay for tix, parking refreshments, gas/tolls, it really does add up. To have to put forth more cash in an unstable economy really will squeeze some of your most loyal Jets fans.
    I'm paid up for my 19th season in section 303. Depending how this PSL thing pans out will definitely effect my decision whether to renew. My kids both attend catholic school and my daughter starts high school in another year. My kids will definitely come before the Jets. And that crap about true fans with seats is a bunch of BS. I've been to many a game where the so called true fans were not in attendance.
    Depending on the PSL deal, here is one true fan that may be watching Jet football in HD down my basement..

10. jetophile

Heh, I meant 'shafted' and 1963. Typos and miscues; my Daddy and my Uncle were Polo grounds folks from the get go. And I do believe they bought in in 1963, but had Titans tix since '60. Jets folklore. If my Daddy was alive, I'd ask him to iron out specifics. Just going on childhood recollection, and that's generally pretty good, flawed though it is.

11. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

I'm section 222 currently and hoping they will give me the option of trading out for lesser seats that DON'T require a PSL. Otherwise I'm done. More fun upstairs anyway.

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am in section 314, cheapest seats in the house. Seasons since 1981. I am hoping my section will be exempt for PSL's and I get the same seats at the new place with my years of service. 5k PSL's and I am gone for good.

13. 17a_tailgater

Sign Sealed Delivered

14. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

I'm renewed although a bit begrudgingly....

had to twist my own arm quite a bit to bite the bullet this time

hopefully my relatively crappy nose bleeds are exempt from any PSL's.......like others have said, as soon as any PSL's are announced on my tix/section, i'm out on principle alone.even if it's a small amount

15. 17a_tailgater

i wonder if they iplied a PSL,if they would allow finacing or if it had to be paid in one swoop

16. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

the fact that they are going to i'm sure get huge revenue from naming rights and they are sharing the cost between 2 teams, not to mention all the additinal revenue they'll get from the suites......if they can't figure a way to make a reasonable profit without PSL's....well, like i said before, I'd be out on principle alone.....

I'm sure they will allow financing of PSL's to trick people into thinking it's a fair deal

17. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Love this. If they had thrown a case of Heineken in it would have at least softened the blow.
    Make this 2 cases.

18. Nu'u Fa'aola

Nu'u Fa'aola New Member

I renewed but don't plan on attending a single game.

I'd much rather watch the games from my 58" HD plasma than spend the time going to the stadium and dealing with the hassles of parking and the degenerate fans who think they're actually a part of the team because they buy tickets, wear green, get drunk and cheer.

I'll be selling all of my tickets for well over face value and make a profit, just like I have for the past 5 years since I moved to Los Angeles. It's way better watching the games at 10am with a nice big breakfast in the comfort of my own home with a great TV and a handful of good friends than to go to the stadium in freezing weather and put up with 75,000 Goomba Johnnies and a horrible parking lot.

19. jetophile

Now that's what I call a fan! [​IMG]

20. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

well over face value? highly doubt it. like you have been doing for the past few seasons? im sure ppl were chomping at the bit last year to buy your tix for november/december games