Rate our Draft

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Apr 27, 2008.

?

Rate our Draft

1. A+

4.2%
  2. A

1.3%
  3. A-

6.7%
  4. B+

28.3%
  5. B

27.9%
  6. B-

17.9%
  7. C+

5.0%
  8. C

3.3%
  9. C-

2.5%
  10. D or lower

2.9%
  1. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

For anyone who is complaining about the Gholston pick is simply a fool. This was the BPA and we are lucky to have that kind of potential on our defense. A-

"Cortez the Keller" will be a mismatch all over the field. He was regarded as the best TE and he will be lined up all over the field. WR, TE, Slot WR, and H-back. We have a offensive player with size and the ability to create mismatches. Love this pick. I like this pick more than the Gholston pick. By the way guys, the WR's in this class flat out sucked ass. This guy could be the best reciever in this entire draft. A+

Dwight Lowery seems like a guy who has the skills to become at least a good nickel back and will get to play as a rookie. Good size, good ball skills and made big plays. He went to a small school and may not have super speed. It was a need and we got a CB. B-

Erik Anige is a big tall QB who can stand in the pocket and deliver passes all over the field. Not goint to say much about him, but I know that we got tremendous value in Round 5 with this guy. B+

Marcus Herny is a tall reciever who will need to add weight to stay healthy at the NFL level. We needed some height to our receiving core and this guy helps out in that area. i Would have liked to have seen Carl Nicks here. C+

Nate Garner is a backup Olineman and olineman more than any other position can come in as a late round pick and develop. We won't know about this kid for another 2 years. B+

I give the Jets a Solid B+

Love Keller pick.

2. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

both our top three picks are boom or bust players. One is a combine wonder which I hate, the second is too short and can't block. the third is a converted Safety to CB and he had the second slowest 40 time of all 60 CB listed in the draft.

The later three picks are good and might have as much success as the first three.

I really like Danny Woodhead as a FA.

3. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

I think you're worrying too much.
    Before the combine Gholston was still a top 6 projection. His combine just helped his cause.
    Keller's speed/hands/vertical were better than most WRs in the draft. Assuming Baker is somehow not on the team, Franks is a fine blocking TE, and and keller will be a great redzone/slot threat. Plenty of below average blockers/above average pass catching TEs in this league for that to be a concern. CB, i have no comment about, just don't know him. Ainge is a solid choice, Henry has two things going for him... Height, and he isn't Jmac.

4. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

Ive warmed to the Keller pick I believe the FO CS believed he was more versatile then a WR and had the same speed and size as most without the red flags that most of the top wr's had. Im not sold on the CB lowery but Ill live with till I see him play. Ill raise my grade to a B potential B+

5. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

I gave our draft a B+.

Hard to argue with the Gholston pick, I think he can step in and immediately booster our pass rush, while creating more opportunity to see more production out of Calvin Pace and also to give mobility in bringing Bryan Thomas off the bench.

A lot of people didn't like the Keller pick and I can see why. However, Keller is a supreme athlete who can stretch the field and immediately give the Jets favorable matchups, the Antonio Gates factor.

Day 2 we addressed needs. But, this is the reason why I have the Jets a B+ and not an A. While the trade down in round 4 was a great decision, adding another pick in the draft and getting us Ainge, we didn't address the depth at o-line. We picked up two FA lineman in Woody and Faneca, but these players will not be here forever, and if a single lineman gets hurt, we will have some serious problems.

6. kennyo07

kennyo07 New Member

I gave it an A-

My belief is that we will have 2 top notch immediate starters from day 1 in Gholston and Keller and possibly a third in Lowery. I think Lowery will be starting by mid season at worst. We just dont have a lot of strenght at CB 2 or SS opposite Rhodes which is why I feel Lowery will start this year.

Last year we only had 2 starters so by logic if you thought last years draft was good you have to be ecstatic about this years.

In addition, Henry will be a good role player in the red zone at 6'4.

Everybody else, Ainge and the OT will be developmental, and you never know what Aigne may be like in a few years. Right now a solid A- and if Gholston has double digit sacks and Keller gets 5+ TD's this goes to an A+

7. Iownnamathssbjersey

Iownnamathssbjersey New Member

Gholston was who I wanted all along so I'm happy with that pick. I knew the longs wouldn't fall and Run DMC had raiders written all over him. I don't like Keller for the simple reason that we needed a WR, not a TE, and Hardy, Sweed, Thomas and everyother wideout was there for our pick. Hardy would have looked great in Green and White. I like Lowery. Can be a ballhawk. Ainge will push Clemens and I'm high on him and the chance he could be a good starter in the NFL. Henry is the darkhorse. Was he a one yr wonder? Who knows. Garner is a massive tackle who could develop and take the role Woody will lose in a yr or 2. He is an awesome run-blocker. He opened tons of holes for DMC. I would have liked Simms, Moore, Bryant and a couple of other guys that we could have had at DE had we stayed there in the 2nd and kept that 4th rounder. I give the draft a B- because of Keller and the needs that we had (WR, OL, DE). Hope the FO hits again like last draft

8. zeike

zeike New Member

Issues

I voted B-. My main issues were twofold:

I did not see the reason for burning the 2nd 4th rounder to trade up for Keller. I am fine with the pick and think he's solid but believe we could have stayed at 36 and still gotten him.

I am not in love w/ the Ainge pick. I have seen him play many, many times and the he's just average. The only thing that stands out is his size. The better pick would have been Woodson. Forget his mechanics for a second and realize that this guy was a Heisman candidate and considered one of the top 3 QBs in all of college last year. That's the guy I want on my team, the guy who proved he can play. This guy is going to be another Warren Moon. And he's 6'4" - 225.

9. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Keller wasn't going to last until 36. And it's hard to fall in love with a late round QB, though this guy has all the tools to learn as a number 3. I let this one slide due to the great value picks we made in rounds 6 and 7.

10. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Typical Jets draft. The last 4 picks will never play or have little impact if they do. They settled for Gholston when they couldn't trade for the pick they wanted. And the annual Jets draft "WTF" moment with Keller. This management team is certainly living up to the Jets tradition.

11. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

I think the reason the Giants didnt pull off the trade with the Saints with Shockey was because we took Keller

12. woutervz

woutervz Member

A- I like Gholston and I think Keller is just a brilliant pick, it's a guy with good hands and good speed, really comes along with our offense. :jets:

13. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

I gave us a B. Solid Draft, nothing that really blew me out of the water (Gholston was projected to go to us since early Feb) just good solid (no reaches in my opinion) picks. Now come back to me in 3 to 5 years and we'll talk about how we REALLY did in this years draft.

14. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

I gave us a B+....Gholston was a solid pick for the D..can't wait to see him and Harris puttin pressure on the QB...but I LOVED the KELLER pic!...this guy will be our offensive playmaker that we missed in not getting McFadden! no matter which QB we have, this dude will MAKE PLAYS!