This was posted by a Purdue player.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetkid94, Apr 26, 2008.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Maybe its actually a teammate, smile.

2. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Great, if he does turn out to be crap, at least the locker room will be full of happy smiley faces.
    Did we really need to draft a TE, what a waste when there are other more important needs.

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

my thoughts as well....... DE, TE...... :sad: :shit:

4. hookteeth

hookteeth Member

Hopefully he'll be comparable to winslow in cleveland. They have the same body type with winslow being just two inches taller. Only time will tell.

5. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

I felt the same way and my wife was like, it's a HUIGHLIGHT film and she;s right, BUT when you compare his highlight films to everyone elses, I really really like them. He is just so strong and aggressive, I mean he just BOWLS over people - I don't care if its Toleedo. So I'm pleased.

6. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

I had that thoght, too. Isn't it sad that that is a legitimate possibility. Ugh. But the person mentions Keller being a funny guy in person - I don't think the general public knows that, so if the man is also doing standup at the Bottom Line, then we'll know it was all true after all.

7. indy35

indy35 New Member

his highlight film may contain a lot of amazing plays of keller bowling over defenders, or just outrunning them, but as someone who has seen nearly every game keller has played in college let me say they have a lot of footage to choose from to make those tapes.

8. Maryland Jet

Maryland Jet New Member

I've got nothing bad to say about the pick the only thing is if you told me the day before the draft that we were going to trade a 4th to move up a few slots and grab Dustin Keller i would have said You're crazy- but now that I've had time to think about it I think we've got a diamond in this guy.

9. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

again, not denying the players ability, just the fact that,IT WAS NOT A POSITION OF NEED, and WE GAVE UP 2 FUCKIN' PICKS FOR A TIGHT END!!!

10. morangelo

morangelo New Member

at least we didn't do it for a kicker! I mean who drafts a kicker in the first... er wait..

11. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

are you saying that getting help for the vertical passing game wasn't a need for us coming into this draft???

He's better than any of the WRs we could have taken at the 30th spot.

12. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

At first I was dissapointed with the pick. I think I just associate 1st round TE with a negative for the most part. BUT after seeing the kids highlights (I can honestly say it blew my hair back), researching his physical stats (he is a heavy set slot reciever who passes for a TE for the most part and I love that) and then hearing what Mayock said about him, I am now turning the corner and beginning to get excited about the pick.

Some of you were screeming for a "play maker" and "skill pick" in the first round. Well it is starting to look like we got that.

Being one of the people on this board who was VERY wary of the Mcfadden option(so was Mike Mayock if anyone of you watched the NFL network), I am absolutely loving our 1st round. We possibly landed a SICK pass rusher to go with Pace, and quite possibly a game changing TE who could very well be the next dallas clark.

Oakland in my opinion made a terrible mistake as usaul. And I was very relieved we did not take McFadden.

In my opinion the Steelers got the best RB in the draft by the way. And they got him in a great place too. He will be a piller of consistant hard earned downs for them for a long time.

#32 fake_crs, Apr 27, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  13. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Some of the highlight clips I saw of Keller remind me of Winslow. They both have that long stride, a strong intensity factor and good hands.

14. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

When cynical jonnysd posts a thread like this it's time to celebrate. I beleive we have had a great draft so far.