Only 2 more days, going crazy, and my first and only Jets mocks

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Wolfe Tone, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

With the amount of mocks I have read, articles and such I am ready to implode. This draft can't come faster so all this talk and smoke screens can be put to rest. it seems every year it gets wilder and wilder. With that being said here is my Jets mocks with 3 potential top picks placed in order of how I would go with my number 1.

1 Vernon Gholston or Chris Long
    2 Fred Davis
    4 Beau Bell
    4 Ahtyba Rubin
    6 Jeremy Zuttah
    7 D.J Wolfe

1. Darren McFadden
    2. Dre Moore
    4. Beau Bell
    4. Shawn Crable
    6. Jeremy Zuttah
    7. D.J. Wolfe

1. Matt Ryan
    2. Cliff Avril
    4. Owen Schmidt
    4. Beau Bell
    6. Mario Urrutia
    7. Jason Shirley

I also like a WR in Round 2 but I am not happy with the problems that the big guys have such as Hardy and Kelly so I would look at them but they seem risky. I used a few draft sites to get an average of where guys will go some are a bit of a reach and some would call for some luck on our part

#1 Wolfe Tone, Apr 24, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  2. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

I REALLY like the second one, but I think Zuttah goes in the 4th at the latest. He raised his stock tremendously over the offseason and has proven to be one of the most athletic and strongest OLinemen in the draft.

I'd love the first one, except I reallt don't think Davis is worth a high 2. Maybe a low second, but at the top of round 2 I like Keller better if we're going to go TE. I know you don't like him much, but I'd take Hardy there or maybe even Jordy Nelson, whose stock is soaring at just the right time for him.

The third one's very good too, although it's #3 of 3 good draft weekends.

#2 MobiusOne28, Apr 24, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  3. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I'll be very happy with #2 despite my anti-Dmac talk... I am starting to jump on the bandwagon.

4. Maryland Jet

Maryland Jet New Member

Well, Mr. Tone if you would include one with Dorsey at the top (with perhaps a trade down to a club who really can use him ) I would say that would cover all 5 possibilities at the # 6 slot.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

So you like Beau Bell? :)

Any of those mocks is a day of optimism. I'm a big Ryan and Avril fan- so well done sir. Not many people have picked them to be drafted by us.

6. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

I just really don't see us grabbing Dorsey, I am a 4-3 defense guy and in that respect I would love the pick, also having Vilma back, D-Rob back, etc., but if we did grad Dorsey it would set us back in regards to having a pure 4-3 DT with no where to go on our line. As far as trading down goes I think that is what we would do but the value in this draft is shaking things up quite a bit and we really have no idea how the value chart will be affected. I would probably look at NO for trying to grab Dorsey or Baltimore/Carolina looking at Ryan to trade down. Then I would go Harvey as my number 1 and look at an extra 2 plus a 4 or 5 depending on what team is talking

7. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

I like Ryan and he is a real possibility, but I still like Gholston and Long better, Ryan is tied to McFadden in value for me but with Ryan he is not a come in now and start so it is a bit lower value for what our regime has in place. With all of the contracts given out this off-season we are on the begginings of win now or see you later.

Avril is a lock for me in the second if we do not get Long or Gholston

Beau Bell is one of my favourite players in the draft and would see lots of action this year and pair nicely with Harris

8. ANJI

ANJI New Member

The second draft is the best, I would hope to draft a Tightend in the 4th more then a ILB. I think Barton is a good ILB.

9. icetime32

icetime32 Member

not to shabby