NFLDC Updated Mock has us taking 3 OL first three out of first four picks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PinPointPenning10, Mar 27, 2006.

1. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

the fact that his mock will probably switch 3 or 4 times before the draft. makes me not read too much into it.. also that guy from dalls cowboys site
    Rick Gosselin...Has the best mock drafts http://www.thehuddlereport.com/top100/index.shtml

#21 hydro51, Mar 27, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2006
  2. phatnols

phatnols Member

I just use the Draft Muncher

http://www.fanmonster.com/public/muncher/SuperMuncher/simulation.asp?site=149

Its never accuarate, but it breaks down the 30 or so mock drafts they use. I use about 5 good ones for player info and real mocks, but the mucher can help get quick info like what other teams will do instead of looking at the same 5 sites.

They usually add a couple sites in April since some ex scouts make sites and update. I think they update weekly.

3. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

I really don't like this draft... this clearly leaves Adrian Jones, a young inexpensive raw lineman with a lot of potential to grow and he'll be riding the bench for the rest of his New York Jet days.

Also Mangold won't make it past the Saints at 34 it seems to me that this site is the only one having O'Callaghan fall down out of the top 50.

Love the Carpenter pick though.

4. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I would LOVE that draft, but I just don't think Mangold would get past New Orleans.

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

This is great, at least Ramsey will have all day to sit in the pocket before he throws an interception.

6. rufusrjones

rufusrjones New Member

A running back for the gophers is like denver in the pros any running back can run behing that line. The 3rd stringer had some 100 yard games. Maroney is good but not great.

7. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

New Orleans has more need at OLB than center. If they don't take an OLB with their first pick, then they will with their second rounder. Therefore, Mangold could possibly fall to us.

8. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

I would love that if we got Mario or Hawk in the first, its sets us up nicely now I would like to see one with comp picks

9. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

i know you dont honestly believe in that trash ur talkin.. because if you can say that about maroney i can say that about Lendale white and Deangelo williams. but theen i would be talking BS.. besides Deangelo there isnt a more workhorse tested rb in the draft more than maroney. guy ran 30+ times in quite a few games. HAS speed ,size and vision once he works on his hands he will be a complete back.

Bush
    Williams
    Maroney

are the top 3 rbs in this draft. all 3 have the talant were they should all be braking off big season in a few years

10. GWjet

GWjet Well-Known Member

1a Super Mario
    1b Mangold
    2 Max Jean Giles
    3a O'Callaghan
    3b Joseph addai

What a great day one of the NFL Draft

11. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I agree with this selection:

4) Super Mario Williams
    29) Laurence Maroney
    35) DeMeco Ryans
    3rd.) Greg Eslinger,
    3rd. (comp)) Brodie Croyle or Whitehurst

12. GWjet

GWjet Well-Known Member

Well, we agree on 1 out of 5...

But that 1 is huge

13. NY_JETS69

NY_JETS69 New Member

don't rule out the jets trading up from the 35th pick to jump ahead of the saints.

14. MN_Jet_Fan

MN_Jet_Fan New Member

Pinpoint, this is slightly OT, but your draft in your signature is amazing. I'd be thrilled if we got those guys. It addresses all of our big needs in the first day!

15. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Solid is overstating it for Jones a bit don't you think. He is average at best. When you have an opportunity to have a franchise LT, which I think Brick will be. I want to see Brick protecting the health of the Jets franchise QB for years to come.

16. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Laurence Maroney is not a pro NFL running back. He was a product of the system and that excellent OL and he needs a great OL to be great in the pros.

Take it from a Penn State fan who watched Maroney run for 40 yards on 25 carries against us because his OL had a bad day. He has 0 ability to create for himself and will get pounded for a loss a lot in the pros. We also badly need an OT in the draft so if you switch the Maroney pick with the best tackle available I'll love this mock. The other 4 picks make perfect sense and fill our needs with great talent.

I love this scenario but unfortunately O'Callaghan and Addai will never last to 71 and 91. Switch Gilles with a tackle (if a solid one falls if not draft the best leftover tackle at the beginning of round three).

WE ABSOLUTELY NEED A OFFENSIVE TACKLE IN THE FIRST THREE ROUNDS OF THIS DRAFT!

#36 DonnieIsTheKing, Mar 27, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2006
  17. VinnyAndTheJets88

VinnyAndTheJets88 New Member

I LOVE that draft... I've seen it and it's def one of the better mocks. D'Brick fills our biggest need and is one of the best OT prospects of the past 5 years. Carpenter fits perfect at ILB in a 3-4, hes like 260 with very good speed, so he can eat up blockers and let Vilma do his thing. The only thing is I might take mangold at the 29 cuz i would be scared of losing him and then at the 35 take either carpenter or lawson(a great fit at OLB in a 3-4). 3rd rd i might pass on O'callahan (he may be gone anyway) just because we have plenty of other needs other than o-line. But I def agree that o-line should take priority and thats what Tangini feels is important. Good teams are built from the trenches out. I know its not as glamorous as some people may like but its the smartest way to go.

18. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

• Carpenter is an OLB
    • agree with you on Mangold (might be gone by 35, pitt & new orleans)
    • if we do take Mangold at 29, than carpenter/lawson at 35

19. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

It would be hard to take too many Offensive Lineman.

And what is with the lovefest for Adrian Jones?? He played ok at best last year. He'll get better, but it's not like he's secured a starting spot for the next 5 years.

And he started the year at RT, and was supposed to play there all year. What is with this idea he suddenly can't be moved back there? We aren't going to pass on a potential franchise left tackle because Adrian Jones is there.

20. VinnyAndTheJets88

VinnyAndTheJets88 New Member

yea Carpenter is an OLB in a 4-3, not in a 3-4... just like Keith Brooking, he plays OLB in their 4-3 now, but played ILB when they had a 3-4