J-e-t-s Queens! Queens! Queens! (from three years ago)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJetsFan26, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Here you go.

Maybe Woody was done dealing with NY and their politicians after he spent millions trying to get the WSS done and they fucked him. Good for him.

2. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

The WSS idea was stupid in the first place.

3. Italian Seafood

Yeah, it only would have brought the Super Bowl to NYC (done deal), the Final Four, countless other big events, expanded the Javits Center, run the subway out there and developed the entire area of the west side. And the Jets would have owned the fucking thing. Real dumb idea, the vacant rail yards are working much better.

And I'm a Jersey guy. The stadium where it is and where it's going to be is much better for me personally, but NYC dropped the ball big time.

4. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I should've clarified myself. The idea itself wasn't as bad as thinking it was remotely possible. But I still liked it more than having another stadium in NJ for 99 years. But a Queens stadium would've been better for the Jets and was far more viable than the WSS. It was actually in NY, was a nice middle ground between the NJ and LI fanbases, would've offered space for tailgating and would've developed that area.

#24 BadgerOnLSD, Feb 6, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  5. Italian Seafood

Ok, sorry then. If Woody fucked up anywhere, it was not just coming up with the additional money he was trying to get from the city and state and just paid for the whole thing. He would have certainly gotten his money back in time. ROI, I think is the term. :wink:

6. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Ultimately I'm still and always will be willing to make the trip there to see them 8 (or hopefully more) times every year but I'll never stop wondering what could've been.

7. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I think even if woody would had forked over the major majority of the expenses we would be no closer to work being started to this day because of the lawsuits that wopuld be coming from the Dolan group and housing advcates and probally many others . Politics would have muddled this deal up no matter what Woody would have done. What a shame!

8. Italian Seafood

That's very possible too, but the Dolans, et al would have had a lot less of a leg to stand on if Woody hadn't been trying to get city and state money. Woody had the mayor and governor on his side, it was the local hacks that did him in.

9. Gator

Gator Active Member

I never, never understood why that didn't happen. In addition to his 100 million, Woody could have gotten 5 big real estate companies to put up 100 million each and given them a little taste. That's the 600 million they were looking for, and 100 million each is chump change for Woody's friends.

and then, you know what?... Woody couldda said to the NFL.....Fuck you, I want TWO Super Bowls. This is NY....and he wouldda got it, because you know the first SB in NY would be wildly successful.

The whole thing sucks, that these pissants Silver and Bruno, and that jerk Dolan, wrecked everything.

10. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

It was the neighborhood "consituents," the raving resident lunatics and the advocate groups on the West Side that bellyached about traffic, congestion, "dead zones," concerns for school children, etc., that helped kill the deal as well.

Today, they're comfortable in their "neighborhood" and still raving about traffic, congestionm, dead zones (the rail yards) and concerns about their school children on drugs because it's such a shithole of an environment.

11. Italian Seafood

Are there any NY area sports fans the Dolans haven't fucked with in one way or another?

12. charlie10170

charlie10170 New Member

Truly the worst man in NY sports.