I'm rooting for the Pats

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JoeWillie130, Jan 20, 2008.

1. rillo

rillo New Member

I will never ever root for the Pats.....NEVER!!!!

2. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Who here could honestly root for the ******* Patriots? They ******* cheated against us and you're rooting for them, that not right. Not to mention the ******* ******* of a coach ******* ditch us after a ******* day, great guy indeed, *********. I really really want to be able to watch TV, listen to the radio, and read the newspaper after the game, if the Patriots win that won't be possible till March Madness. Greatest thing to happen would be if the team plane crashed and I don't care cause the cheating Patriots just **** me off too much to think otherwise....

(FYI Self-censored :wink:)

3. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Couldn't understand Simms yesterday with all those Pats balls in his mouth.

4. badbob2222

badbob2222 New Member

I can't stand either one of them, my son in law called me after the game and said, "now that's how you go to the super bowl" He must've been drunk because he's never called me before. I liked it better in the beginnig of the season when the giants sucked like we did

5. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

Obviously, being a Pats fan, i will be rooting for the Pats.

I am trying to put myself in your position, if, say the jets were undefeated and facing the Giants in the Superbowl (imagine the hype on that one. Imagine the arrests in New York for 2 weeks)...

I think I would root for the Jets for a couple of reasons...I never liked the Giants, though I liked some of the players they've had (Simms, OJ Anderson), and I HATE the '72 punk Dolphins.....so I would root for the Jets in order to see history being made and prevent the Giants from getting their "biggest win in franchise history", and to bury the Shula and crew once and for all.

6. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I am Surprised that so many would go for the Giants over the Pats.

The younger Jets fans (say less than 28 or so) have probably lived through far more Pats success than Phins. But anyone older has to hate the Phins way more , My dislike for that franchise knows no equal.

I barely even view the Pats as a rival , yes we are in the same division but to be rivals there needs to be some level of competitveness. We have basically sucked for the most of the Pats reign of terror and before that the Pats have always sucked.

While the Giants/Jets is a true cross town rivalry even though they play each other only once every 4 years. Just the fact that before Directv NFL ticket you were stuck having to watch their boring ass games every week. Then in 1986 as we are rolling and it looks like our year - not only do we crumble down the stretch , then blow the playoff game in Cleveland. The F***ing Giants win the Superbowl.
    The NY Media should make any Jet fan a true Giant Hater.

For me the Choice is Easy -- root for History in the making.

7. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

You know you made me think of something else. Now we will have two teams in our divison with perfect seasons. Ugh...whos next buffalo?

8. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

I don't hate the Giants. I'll root for them when they're not playing the Jets but if they lost I'm not going to be remotely upset about it. It's a crapshoot who most of us wound up rooting for anyway whether it had to do with who our parents rooted for, friends, etc. It was just as likely alot of us would've been Giant fans then Jet fans. Bottom line is i'm going with the fellow NY team.

9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

What are the odds of a tornado in Arizona, in February?

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I would suggest that sports fandom is primarily divided by region before you get down to the parochial divide that separates fans of different teams in an area.

I would never root for a Boston team over a New York team because I was raised in New York and have a rooting interest in seeing that area's teams do well.

I understand the logic of the initial poster, however I think that most fans from the New York area are rooting for the Giants on Sunday for the reasons described above.

11. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I wouldn't root for the Pats if they were playing Al-Quaida.