Respect the Momentum!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JCotchrocket, Dec 30, 2007.

1. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

I know a lot of us are pissed off that our win today likely knocked the Jets out of a top three draft pick, but cheer up!
    Two years ago, we won a game against the Bills that knocked us out of the Reggie Bush spot. (Good thing too, if you've followed Reggie's career at all). The momentum that win created helped produce a playoff season.
    So look on the bright side! We are one spot removed from the "Salary Cap Dread Top Five." We're gonna get talent, have faith! Let's go Jets! The 2008 season has begun! LETS GO JETS!

2. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

:breakdance: :jets:

3. K. Wright52

K. Wright52 New Member

I'm glad you said thats the way i think too. Everything will workout for us Jet Fans. Thanks JCotchrocket

4. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

yeah i guarantee a playoff spot next year because we beat the chiefs...

5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

It doesn't hurt. History has shown that teams who end the previous season on a winning note usually perform better the next season.

6. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I think we are fine at #6. Laurinitus wouldn't be so bad as a replacement for Hobson. I am not saying we go there, but I do think things will work out. I also think there is a lot of good talent in the 2nd through the 3rd rounds this year.

BTW, drafting is not going to fix this team - it will help, but if this Front Office is serious about getting better, they better break out the check book because there is a lot of very good Offensive line talent out there. I also thing the Suggs will be very much available.

Haynesworth will be signed. Tennesse has a ton of cap room. The only way this doesn't happen is if Haynesworth doesn't like playing for the Titans.

7. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Plus, you never know...........McFadden could crap in some girls closet before the draft.

8. NYJVilma51MVP

NYJVilma51MVP New Member

This is ridiculous. Momentum does not carry over 8 months.

9. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

Actually, someone posted some interesting stats in another thread in the last few days that suggested teams with really bad records like ours who win the final game have significantly more success the following season than teams with similar records who lose the final game.

There is enough negativity in every other thread around here, let us sunshiners have a little fun...and hope!

10. AnyGivenSunday

AnyGivenSunday Active Member

Yeah, everyone was calling Adrian Peterson a guaranteed top 3 pick, even all the way up to the night before the draft...

and then he went 7th.

11. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Momentum? Are you serious? We made it to the freakin playoffs last season, and we were all oozing with momentum. Look where that got us.

12. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I really don't think anyone had Peterson going in the top 3. Russell-Johnson-Thomas was considered the top 3 for a little while, I thought. Most people who watched a lot of college football thought Peterson was a stud, but he wasn't going to be a top 3 pick because most people thought he could be fragile, and to be fair, he hasn't done anything to disprove that.