Espn Figured Something Out

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nevbeats319, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

You don't remember all the washings Manning got chasing Marino's record? I don't think there was a lot of Colts banter, but that was probably because most folks figured they would choke in the AFC Championship game.

How can you forget about the "Greatest Show on Turf"? lol No team stays on top forever. Eventually this dynasty will fade and all we'll be left with is Pats fans talking about "remember when?". :lol:

2. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

You guys have a very poor memory, I'm afraid. I remember them ballwashing both the Colts and the Rams distinctly.

In fact, on Super Bowl Sunday during SB36, I watched all day, and ESPN didn't even bother to do a story on the Pats, they stuck exclusively with the Rams...I watched for hours...

ESPN, and every other network, ballwash whoever the best and most exciting teams are.

Anyway, phuck ESPN, they suck anyway, and I don't care at all what they think about anything...

3. rillo

rillo New Member

You maybe right.....however I don't remember seeing a Colts/Rams ticker @ all. Weren't you guys the underdog in SB36? Underdogs rarely get any real attention anyway.

4. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

Yeah...by 14 points, or 14 1/2, as I recall.

I think it was the biggest spread for a Super Bowl in recent history.

5. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Yep. The Colts started 13-0 a few years ago, and there was no such hype.... There was a little, but they didn't have 15 minutes of SportsCenter devoted to them every day, etc etc

6. sect105

sect105 New Member

Colts had no hype at 13-0 because they repeatedly stated that they were goping to call off the Dogs and rest their players the last three games.

Rams had no hype because the "crawl" was not as overused in 1999 as it today.

Nowadays the crawl lets you know the stats of every player in a womens basketball game between div. 3 teams.

7. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

And they whined for YEARS because they didn't get the imagined amount of ball washings they thought they deserved afterward. :rolleyes:

You (Pats) won a Super Bowl.. then two, three.. likely a fourth. STFU already. :wink:

8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

See NESN and the Red Sux......

9. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

Well, of course, they are basically the same business conglomerate.

10. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

I have to say, I am surprised ESPN is taken so seriously around NY. In the Boston area, it is widely viewd as a tabloid network. They're "inside" information is ususally just conjecture, and worthless. At least half of their A-level commentators are jerkoffs.

Anyway, to each his own, I guess. I have hated ESPN for years, and all the ballwashing in the world won't change my opinion of that network.

In fact, my cable company, Comcast, has a better sports network than ESPN. (At the price of having the NFL Network...:sad:

11. Barry the Baptist

I'm with you, I'm in Vegas and spend the extra $$$ with Direct TV for the sports package. Thanks to that I can get Minnesota Wild ballwashing if I want thanks to Fox Sports Minnesota. (wait would that be puck washing)

ESPN has a tendency to wanna make the news ass opposed to reporting it. See Terrell Owens. I think they have completley ruined baseball for alot of people by making you think the Sox and Yankees were the only team in MLB.

12. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank New Member

True statement, but Ive never heard something as outrageous as "Belichick went easy on (fill in team here)."

That is absurd.

13. BillBelichick07

BillBelichick07 New Member

But Belichick did go easy on the Jets. The Pats had a chance to run it up and Bill decided to just stick with the running game. He wanted to end the bad blood between the Pats and the Jets once and for all. He should be applauded for his efforts.

14. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Yeah, because that passing game was so righteous vs the Jets, the Pats could have put up 50 [/sarcasm]

15. Barry the Baptist

Do you honestly believe that? Why can't you just give the Jets credit for shutting down Brady, Moss and Welker? With the exception of that terrible PI call on Rhodes your passing game was garbage. Don't give me this he wanted to end bad blood. Bad blood that he created BTW. If he wanted to end bad blood he would have made a comment after the game about cleaning the slate and I have yet to hear such a comment.

16. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Nah... couldn't have been our secondary... led by Revis who's proven himself as a shutdown corner already...

17. Grogan's neck roll

Grogan's neck roll New Member

Look, from my standpoint, the Jets did play a good defensive game, they gave the Pats trouble, and so did the weather. The bottom line in the whole thing is that the Pats came out with a win.

Also, I heard a national guy being interviewed on the radio up here, and he was pointing out how the Pats abandoned the run when it got down to 17-10 and basically passed there way down the field for a quick field goal. His point was that the Pats ran and played ball control due to the weather for most of the game, then changed when they needed a quick score.

Again, I'm not taking anything away from the Jets, they did play a good game defensively. I was glad the Pats won.

18. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Yes, but I also realize that 100% have acces to an online dictionary.

19. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Yes, clearly the Jets defense was completely irrelevent in this game. Did Belichick tell Brady to throw that pick instead of running up the score?