d-brick @ 4 and mangold @ 29

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Requiem, Mar 25, 2006.

1. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

im willing to put money up he will bet here @ #35. you guys seem to forget he is center and is only being hype up as 1st rounder on this board.

2. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

I like it...but it's easier said than done.

This is the NFL and the New York Jets...

3. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Flashy players at RB, WR, and QB does not make a SB team. If that were the case Detroit and Oakland would have won the last 4 years. Great teams are built from the D and O lines outward. The patriots drafted Brady in the 6th round.

QB and RB are servicable this year. Next year the FO can focus on the skill positions. I want to see a great foundation built. That starts on the lines.

4. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

patriots also drafted there Franchise LT in th 2nd rd. sb come from Dominant D's and a QB who can make the big plays when called up on.. the chiefs have the best oline in the nfl how many times have the chiefs drafted a olineman in the 1st?.. flashy is one thing bout to take oline in the 1st rd twice that just downright stupid.

5. jetsfanpa

jetsfanpa New Member

build a line

No matter who the QB was last year he got hurt. Build a strong line and keep the QB from running for dear life. D' Brick and McNeil would keep our QB's safe and open up the running game which wins games.

6. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

what QB? when you go off drafting oline in the 1st rd you better not have any needs.. cause its eaier to find pro bowl caliber Olineman in the 2nd and 3rd rds of draft than it is to get a elkite offesnsive weapon. This team lacks a Playmakers on offense and u want oline with the 1st 2 picks thats a joke right?

7. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Why not? You can get a QB like Charlie Whitehurst or Croyle in a later round and have him ready to be a starter in 1-2 seasons when you have a line to play him behind.

8. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

So guys want croyle and whithurst as their future. but dont like the big 3. explains to me how that makes sense.. considering ur more likey to find pro bowl offensive lineman in rds 2 and 3 than qbs.. and as for the patriots draft brady in rd 6 its BS and misleading that team was built around there Franchise qb/1st rd pick Drew Bledsoe before he got hurt. the patriots didnt have reason to to draft a qb high.

9. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

Here are some of your big play QB stats of winning QBs sorry its the only four that I know of thet top of my head I didnt feel like looking up every superbowl.
    XL 9/21 123 yards 2 ints
    XXXVII 18/34 215 yards 2/1
    XXXV12/25 153 yards 1 int
    VII 8/11 88 yards 1/1

10. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

why are you showing stats in the sb. what about the 1st 18 games it took to get there. what about guys like tom brady and john elways. driving down the field in the final drive to win the game.. Fegurson gonna run a 2 minute drill for us... i love the way we cant act like qB isnt the most important position in the nfl.. its only the highest paid position for no reason.

11. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

We have 2 first round QBs already, one traded to us for a 6th, the other with one great season and numerous injuries and blown expectations. And those are two of the very few first round QBs selected in the last 10 years to even still be on an NFL roster today! A 1st round QB, to me, is a calculated risk with a high chance of being a complete bust. I don't care how much hype these guys get coming in, they seldom ever live up to it.

12. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

I agree 150% draft D-birck and Mangold!!

13. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

if the draft is so deep at O-LINE then why would we spend 2 number 1's on o-linemean?....everybody loves to pick a position and claim its the most important...its the key to winning...guess what guys..all the positions are important....this notion that a monster o-line and a so-so qb and rbs will win...as hydro said...thats the ravens...they score what 2 points a game??we've got needs at o-line rb qb and dt especially no???and possible db....why not perhaps diversify our picks a bit and address more than one need...someone actually suggested o-line with our first 3 picks?????arent we trying not to look like ass clowns for once?

14. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

True. But I don't think a player like Brick comes around that often. Any if any of those teams were in a position to draft a player like Brick, I think they would have in a heart beat. Belicheck always focused on the lines early in the draft, and focused on the skill players in later rounds. It is a philosophy I happen to agree with.

15. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

QBs arent shit with out a good Oline and running game Elway didnt win the superbowl until he had a good running game and Oline. Brady just had a really solid overall team. Marino never made it to the superbowl because the fins running game really sucked F the dolphins

#35 New York Mick, Mar 25, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2006
  16. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

neither of them were top flight 1st rd prospects coming out. what was ramsey supposably the 4th best qb in his class? what was pennington was the 18th pick in a bad qb class.

im not saying i want a qb at #4 or 29 all im saying is that too take 2 olineman in rd 1 is very stupid and we would deserve to suck if we did that.

17. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

again LT Matt light was a 2nd rd pick.. u might as well take the patriots out of ur example cause its not a good one. also patriots didnt have a dominant running game till they got dillon... they have a former wrestler didnt play any cfb starting at guard for them.. so idea of not being able to get good oline outside oof the 1st rd is wrong.

18. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

I never said that you cant get a good Oline out of the first round. you can get good players at any postion in the 2nd and you are the one who said that Pats I was just anwsering and wrestlers make good Olineman

19. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

all i have to say is putting qb on the backend is a major mistake to act like it isnt important position is even more of a mistake. chad pennington is a 30 yr old qb coming off 2 rotator cuff surguries.. why should i be optimistic . he will e lucky if he is in the league past 34

20. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Yes because NE, Tampa, and Pitt had so many 1st round players in the skill postions (Pitt drafted Big Ben to learn behind maddox, he was never intended to start early). How many of the Pats WRs or RBs did they draft in the first round? The skill players are only as good as the foundation you have around them. If your lines suck, the everyone sucks.