Bad Signs For Next Year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rckymthigh2000, Mar 24, 2006.

1. rckymthigh2000

rckymthigh2000 New Member

From what I have seen thus far, the Mangina is pushing full speed ahead to make sure this coming year is going to be a rebuilding year. With Drew Brees and Daunte Culpepper on the market, who do the Jets pursue? Patrick Ramsey. Can somebody explain this? Yes...I know...we are looking for a reliable back up. Fine. But who is going to start? Pennington cannot be a starter. He is the (not so) reliable backup. I heard a vicious rumor that the Jets are looking at Vince Young. What a screw up. Young will be a disaster in the NFL. He has a lot of growing up to do. Is this our plan? Coach Young for three years, to where he starts getting pretty decent, then trade him? That seems to be par for the course for the Jets. There has been a disturbing trend in bringing in old/injured players. By old, I mean old for the NFL. We get rid of John Abraham, one of our few really decent players for what? The 29th draft pick. Sorry...but if it were the Pats or Dolphins trading Abraham, they would have gotten a draft pick, a pro-bowl player, and some money in return. It just seems like the Jets, at the top levels, are intent on making sure the team sucks this year. Why would they do that? How do I know. Why would they pursue Patrick Ramsey over Drew Brees?

2. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

Welcome Bronco troll ...

#2 Spike_D, Mar 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2005
  3. rckymthigh2000

My mistake...I was going to type, "..., the Jets are pushing full speed...". I decided to change it to Mangini...but mis-spelled the name and left the "the" in. Not intentional...but it is catchy.

4. rckymthigh2000

Bronco troll?

Oy...Spike D...Jets fan living in CO.

5. AlToon4prez

AlToon4prez Member

I actually am happy the Jets went for Ramsey while not overspending for the other guys. I think Ramsey has as much upside and his salary is very cap friendly. DC and DB are coming off major surgeries. The last thing I want on my team is another qb with ???? about his health and ability to play at 100%

6. Arizona Jet Fan

Arizona Jet Fan New Member

Quit your bitching...........when Tangini starts winning with less individual talent but more team talent than you can jump back on the band wagon

7. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Well,if you have all the answers maybe you should head down to Weeb hall and apply for a job.

8. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

IF the jets are going to take a QB in the draft this year, Ramsey is actually a great choice for QB. He costs relatively little and has nothing but upside.

Brees? Do you really want 2 QBs with rotator cuff injuries???
    Culpepper? He showed last year that how important Moss was to his game. Moss is not on our team unfortunately.

9. JETSJETS

JETSJETS Member

Ramsey has skills.....Tangini is looking at players who are not going to put us in CAP hell again while adding depth. When key guys come available he does not try to sign them at any cost. Seems like a pretty solid plan

10. Green Tea

Green Tea New Member

"Last edited by Green Tea : 02-25-2005 at 07:08 PM. Reason: duplicate post "

What is going on with your signature line?

11. jetbugga

jetbugga Member

we've been rebuilding our team since superbowl 3, great to be a jet fan!!!

12. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

Dude it is still March

13. JETSJETS

JETSJETS Member

Being a Jet fan isn't easy

14. jets21027

jets21027 Active Member

yeah i guess we should of signed another qb with no arm comming off shoulder surgery to another riduculous contract. that def. would of made us contenders

15. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

You need to get over it. If you were a true jet fan you would understand it.

16. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

ramsey is def the best choice he is cheap young and has tremendous upside he also isnt injured

17. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Let me see. Pennington two surgeries on one shoulder. Drees, surgery on one shoulder. Culpepper has a knee that looks like Swiss cheese. So instead of have a boat load of cash tied up in one surgically repaired QB, you want to have even more money tied up in 2? Don't think.

18. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

I think they will both be fine..

19. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

This is why thier should be a post count minimum, before you start your first thread....................... [​IMG]

20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Get a clue.

If anything, name ONE team that went berserk with big-name free agents and won the superbowl with them.

I thought this was as clear as it could possibly be, but let me put it straight into your head, just in case: Big-name free agents are NOT the way to build a winning franchise.