'Skins Players are dirty SOB's

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KOZ, Nov 5, 2007.

1. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

I'll ask what everyone else wants to know- who's the friend?

Or will we refer to him as "Mr. X"???

2. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Having seen that clip the guy really deserves a fine and a suspension. It looked like a deliberate attempt to break someone's neck. I can't imagine what that must have felt like.

3. DCSkinsFan

DCSkinsFan New Member

Well, in all honesty the kid is a rookie. Landry does what he does... explode. Was it a bone headed play? Yes. Will he get fined? Yes. Will he get suspended? No.

Maybe yall should have blocked him. Or better yet, lets let the NFL play in diapers with passifiers. Evidently, nobody remembers the 70's and 80's in this league.

Quit crying about that play. The game was yours to win and yall blew it. Period.

4. Youth Is Served

Youth Is Served New Member

I really like your deep thinking into this. Clemmens really proved a lot to me against Baltimore and Washington. It just shows how truly tough this kid is, and this kid is confident in his abilities and really will fit well with this coaching staff. They used a 2nd rounder for a reason they REALLY liked this kid.

I think Mangini and Tannenbaum are not given enough credit for this. They hand picked Kellen and put him behind Pennington for a season and a half. Mangini convinced Schott to hang around and develop this team with him. Pennington showed Clemmens just how to run this system and he honestly could not have had a better teacher. I am a firm believer in this kind of QB change. It worked very well for Montana/Young.

As for the kid, Oregon and the Pac-10 wasnt easy to play in. This kid came out as a player and is really beginning to show a lot of maturity. Small town kid brought into the New York media is tough. I really feel Mangini did a good job with this bringing him into the starting role. I think Mangini purposely waited for Washington because he would really see what the kid is made out of. By putting him in this game it would define his character more then against a terrible Bengals D.

Youth?

5. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Character, we got it. Wins, not so much.

6. GreenMachine

I guess rookies are allowed cheap shots...:up:

And...pssstt...none of us blew it..

How about slo-mo...

[​IMG]

7. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

From what I've seen, it looks like a late hit/roughing the passer, with a potential fine.

It doesn't really look like intent to injure to me...just looking to deliver a whallop to a new QB and rattle him. This wasn't a shot at the legs, which is where you would expect an "intent" hit to go to.

8. GreenMachine

Shall i post the video of Fletcher's cheap shot when KC was on the ground?

9. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I don't know what he'd think of me posting his name on a message board but I will give a hint. He played on the Falcons under Jerry Glanville.

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He will be suspended. I can't imagine how that won't happen now that I see it again. He would be even if it wasn't a QB. The fact that it was only insures it.

#30 Don, Nov 5, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  11. DCSkinsFan

DCSkinsFan New Member

Well, I guess the Jets need to suit up in skirts next time out.

Yall blew the game.

I am not defending the hit. It sounds like you have never played competitive sports. These guys are playing at 110% going 300 mph, and you want to sit behind your computer screen and pick apart less than a second of game footage.

Look, I like the Jets and I think you have a good young QB there; but seriously this is football. Maybe as a fan you need to....

Grow a sac, insert some balls, magically sprout a dick and understand the nature of the game.

Landry wasnt trying to hurt or maim him. He was trying to make a play. Again I say, anyone remeber the 70s and 80s?

Today's NFL is full of asspussy's.

12. DCSkinsFan

DCSkinsFan New Member

He wont be suspended crazy man. It would have been announced today.

Yall are nuts. He will get a fine I am sure.

13. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

Jeebus..when did NYers get so sensitive? It's like every little thing is the end of the world.

The league will review it. If they decide to fine him, he will be fined. Case closed.

All I said was, it didn't look like intent to injure. Wanting to put a lick on someone is one thing, trying to put him into the hospital is another.

Some of you folks on the board need to lighten up.:up:

14. GreenMachine

So wait. When a QB is on the ground and a defender lays a helmet in his chest well after the play, his intent is just to say "hello"...sure...:up:

15. GreenMachine

Hmmmm....Are you part of the same Foreskins fans calling LT cheap after the hit on Theisman?

16. DCSkinsFan

DCSkinsFan New Member

Go back to peewee league there GM. Stop being rediculous.

17. DCSkinsFan

DCSkinsFan New Member

That shot by LT was in no way CHEAP and LT was not trying to hurt Theismann.

IT IS THE NATURE OF THE GAME!

18. GreenMachine

Thanks for the advice.

19. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I think you'd be singing a different tune if Brady was rocked and suffered a concussion ala Steve Young and had to retire. I'm sure you wouldn't sit here and say ehh, it was a nice run. You'd be pretty pissed off.

Face it, I watched the game with a former NFL player and if says it was a cheap shot and the guy should have been tossed I'm gonna take his word over a Pats fan on a message board and a Skins fan ignoring the fact that it was a cheap attempt to knock Clemmens out of the game.

20. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

The amout of trolls who use that word and spell it wrong is ridiculous.