With Clemens, Look For Progress

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Section 227. Row 5, Oct 29, 2007.

1. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

If they made the switch and they don't think Clemens has the tools to be a NFL QB, then you might as well fire the entire CS right now. I don't know if any of you watched the game tonight since it is pretty late for you back east, but I live in Denver and have seen the problems Cutler is facing in making the transition to the NFL and he has a great running game. If you expect Clemens to come in and be very successful with this garbage O-line and crappy play calling you are going to be dissappointed and if he does, he will be the next Elway because that is the only QB I have ever seen win with a crappy team year in and out. If the Jets take a QB this year in the draft, you can expect less than 6 wins the next 2 years. They have to fix the O-line and D-line and let Clemens develop. If they do this, we shoudl be middle of pack next year and ready to break out the following year.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I think you're expecting too much from him too soon, and that's a recipe for disappointment. What's happening to you, T-Bird? You're sounding like one of these instant gratification guys around here who expect results immediately!

He's going to win some and lose some. He'll make plenty of mistakes too. But if I see him play well and improve each week (build confidence, complete drives, carry the team and make them confident in themselves), THAT to me is proving he's capable of being an NFL QB.

Now, by the end of the season and after 8 games, if he doesn't look like our QB of the future, well, yeah, then we have to look elsewhere. But I don't expect immediate miracles from this guy, especially with all the other problems we have. I do agree with Bradway, he needs to win some games this year against tough opponents (Sunday wouldn't hurt).

I'll be in the stands on Sunday rooting for him. I'm really excited about being there. Let's hope he does well. A win would be a huge plus for him and the team.

3. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Hard to judge what every individual poster or fans expectations are for Clemens. I would guess that most people are just hoping to see the guy lead the offense and maybe treat us to some exciting football down the stretch.

Realistic and unrealistic expectations are all relative to the person who harbors them. Me? I'm expecting something to the tune of 12 TD's and 10 picks down the stretch, with about 1400-1600 yards. The stats aren't the real concern though, his ability to move the offense is. Gotta see how the team responds to him. I think he's tough to take down in the pocket...seen it a few times now between Baltimore and the end of the Bills game. Thats one of my favorite things about him so far actually.

Picked him up for my fantasy team last night. Him and David Harris actually. He's gotta put up better number then Trent Edwards anyway, least thats the plan. Harris' coming out party was last week. He'll be an all pro next year.

4. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

How long before the morons start to Boo KC? I give it 3 games , max.

5. Mayday

Mayday New Member

I saw the title of this thread, "With Clemens, look for progress," and couldn't help thinking finding progress in his game this season is going to take the Hubble.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Well, it won't take the Hubble to find your computer IP address, which I'm betting is no more than 50 miles from downtown Boston. Any takers?

7. Mayday

Mayday New Member

Oh, I'm trolling no doubt. I'm surprised I'm not banned yet, though.

8. Section 227. Row 5

I hate to say it, Gusto, but you're probably right. There are some days when I sit in the stands that I'm ashamed to be among those "Jets fans." They should probably save their money and just get drunk at home and boo their TV sets.

9. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Edit: Forget it, he's admitted to being a troll. WAD.

It also wouldn't surprise me if he licks toys labelled "Made in China".

10. Section 227. Row 5

Our Mods are on a clock now?

11. Section 227. Row 5

Hahahahahahaaa.... hey, cut it out! I just about sprayed my drinking water all over the monitor! Toooo funny!

12. Mayday

Mayday New Member

In a manner of speaking. I'm compiling some statistics and the like on major NFL fanboards. My very first post on the Colts board, which was a knock on Indianapolis, was moved directly to their "Asylum" thread within 5 minutes. Although they tried hard, they ultimately had to ban me on my 17th post. My big rule for this, though, is no profanity. I'll express my honest opinion (which will be offensive) but I don't want to do anything distasteful. (I did break that with one of your emoticons, but I'm truly surprised there's a '(stuff) happens' emoticon. So I just used something provided by the boards there.)

My goal is basically to be banned for my opinion. And I'm hoping to draw conclusions about fans relations to their football teams based on this.

And now I'm being honest about it as part of the experiment!

13. Section 227. Row 5

Interesting, but don't expect any credit for being "honest," since you've already adimitted to (a) being a troll, (b) being here to conduct an "experiment" rather than being a sincere participant and (c) travelling about to other boards, like the Colts board, with the same intent.

So, I have no problem with you coming here as the classically dysfunctional, adolescent, time-wasting, Jets denegrating, player impugning tool that you are, just as long as you don't expect us to view you as "honest."

I'd have had much more respect for you if you'd come in from the very start and announced your folly right from the beginning. That would have been more "honest."

14. Mayday

Mayday New Member

You're probably right. But I had to go with a different tactic since I'm not banned yet. Of course, I think I'm going to give it up. I like this board a great deal. You have pretty honest fans, you're not over-moderated, and you take care of your own (players on the team notwithstanding.)

So far this is getting ranked as the 2nd best fanboard in the NFL. If there was more activity you'd have a run at #1. So Kudos on that at least.

15. Section 227. Row 5

Glad you find us ranked #2. Now, if we could only find a way to get our team ranked #2, we'd be in good shape.

16. Mayday

Mayday New Member

Give it time. I don't think you have a coach that'll take you all the way, and I'm not sold on Clemens. That said, I think your organization is pretty well run, and I think you typically draft pretty well. If you navigated the free agent market a little more effectively, you'd be in it. The Jets'll be in the playoffs again soon.

17. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Were you here after the game Sunday, or yesterday morning?

By this time, many of us have moved into the other forums on this site. There's only so many stones you can throw at a limp QB before he stops twitching.

18. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I can't decide if I want to go Clemens sucks or Kevin sucks I think I'm going with Klemens sucks.

19. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

LOL good one. I have water coming out my nose.

I clearly think we have to chant:

Kevin Klemens sucks................. Don't you?

20. Mayday

Mayday New Member

True. But chat during daytime hours on a week like this says alot about volume. Everybody has tons of posters after a game (or during.) It's people hanging about during the week the says the most.

It's no knock. I think this is a pretty great board. Even if I do get a late-hit ban, I'll probably keep reading these boards.