The Chad Pennington era is over, The Post has learned exclusively.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RDriven3, Oct 29, 2007.

1. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10292007/sports/jets/penn_runs_dry.htm

Lets try to have some class and not bash CP in this probably his lowest moment as a professional athlete. Lets remember he did give us something to cheer about for the last few years and should be remembered for the warrior he was, he gave the Jets everything he had.

In an earlier thread, I said I have no reason to watch the Jets anymore, I would like to retract that.

Lets hope the Post is not just blowing smoke.

#1 RDriven3, Oct 29, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  2. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

6 weeks into the season too late.

Ciao, Noodle Arm. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

3. Sonic710

Sonic710 New Member

I hope Pennington gets traded and comes back to pummel us

4. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

very true
    waste of time

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Enjoy rooting for your new team. Pennington doesn't pummel people.

6. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Chad is a class act to the end. However, he's just not a very good QB. I wish this guy well in whatever is next for him. As poorly as he's played, he has shouldered a disroportionate share of the blame this year. I really don't think Mangini has done him any favors by sticking with him so long.

7. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

exactly.... C ya Chad...thanks for the good times but it was 1 season 2 many

8. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

I hope to become an astronaut right after winning the Powerball....

9. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

Very classy stuff on your part. His current level of play is obviously the product of the many injuries he suffered, one of which he played through to his detriment, while leading us to the playoffs for the better part of his Jets career. I wish him nothing but the best. Guy always put the team above his best interest, and I will always admire his guts.

-X-

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You might be right about that sack....

11. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Ha! This is my seceret fear.

EDIT - I'm pretty sure I said the same thing only 5 years ago. Damn this sucks not having a franchise QB in 35 years

12. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

The time has come. Let's see what the kid can do.

13. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

He will the the same guy calling for Tui when KC is growing through his growing pains, we have some awesome "fans."

On a different note, with this latest performance we are back to a 2nd day pick for CP if they trade him, thinking Randy Moss like 4th rounder if we are lucky.

14. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Honestly, I want to give a farewell and thanks for the memories speech, but that's not how I feel. It has become clear to me that Chad is a selfish prick who is more interested in his personal goals than the goals of the team.

He'd rather stay in there and stink up the joint, while getting our receivers (his supposed friends) killed on a weekly basis than give up the ghost. Instead of him saying, "Ya know, I just can't do it like I used to", he continued to play and make the kinds of bad decisions and bad throws for which he will be remembered.

He gave us one full year of starting mediocrity, and that was last year. Other than that, he has never even played a full season. He has been a monumental bust at QB and we owe him nothing. He has gotten paid plenty thanks to that fat contract of his. I have really never hated one of our own players like I have hated him this year. It was obvious to me last year that he was done, but at least he was winning. Now he just sucks period.

...and when Kellen came in and was marching down the field on his first try...Chump just stood there on the sidelines feeling sorry for himself, instead of cheering the team he supposedly loves...fczk him! This offseason, we'll finally get to see where his priorities have been. Will he take a paycut and stay on as a mentor or will he bitch and moan his way out of town? Time will tell.

15. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

If Kellen goes in and we keep losing, will Chad have the last laugh? Also, where can he go now? Backup for the Pats?

16. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Had to throw this one in:

[​IMG]

Dancin' on the grave of Chump Chumpington's career!
    La-La...the bitch is done.

17. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I have a feeling that a team like Philly, Minnesota, or San Fran will jump on him. There are plenty of teams with bad backup situations and young quarterbacks where Chad Pennington would be a great guy to have around.

I am extremely dismayed at the base level of discourse regarding this subject. Yes, the guy has been terrible this year, but the maliciousness is obscene.

-X-

18. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Why obscene?

It's a "what have you done for me lately" culture and we as football fans want results now. We don't want to rebuild year after year. We saw early on this year that the guy was toast and if any of us had the power to do so, he would have been pulled much earlier than he was.

Jets fans are a picky bunch and our memory doesn't go back all that far. If I had to liken the Jets play this year to a Hollywood movie it would be none other than "Groundhog Day."

19. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Even when KC gets the nod, "fans" still have to take shots at CP.

#19 RDriven3, Oct 29, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  20. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

At least Jets fans share the blame, if KC struggles, look for we need a QB, draft a QB thread, without even giving him a chance to develop. NY is a tough town, its produce or get lost, which is probably one of the main reasons the franchise has sucked for so long, its a revolving door, from FO to players. I hope "fans" are patient with KC much like that Giants have been with Eli, but I doubt that will happen. A few bad games and look for the threads I mentioned above to start showing up.