Patrick Ramsey video from the 2004 season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by chow184, Mar 22, 2006.

1. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

lol i love highlight tapes.. they can make even the worst teams/players look good..so now that we seen a tape of his best throws.. can we see some of the ints?

2. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

I agree with a lot of these comments about the strong arm, but if you rewatch it, most of the good throws are when he is rolling out, can he be a good pocket passer, or more jake plemmer-esque

3. Welcome to J-Ville

Welcome to J-Ville New Member

If there was some how a way to combine Chad's intangibles (decision making and what not) with Ramsey's arm we'd have a super-QB

4. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Looks great, start him in 06.

5. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

Great to see a guy with a gun for an arm. I like his short compact throwing motion... gets rid of it incredibly fast. He appears very willing to make a risky pass and try to fit the ball between defenders. Of course in his HIGHLIGHT video, the ball manages to squeak through!

In any event, start him next year. I'd like to see him develop into a long term solution if at all possible. I believe it is possible.

6. EvilClownFace

EvilClownFace New Member

Actually, he's more effective in the pocket. Give him some protection and he can do some damage.

The fact that he can throw on the run is a plus.

7. cowboyup

cowboyup New Member

Dude i'm prepared to discuss at length on why you are wrong about Ramsey and why he can be a 1st rate starter in this league. For a guy that has played in about 33 games and a 34/29 TD to INT ratio & a 75 QB rating I willing to make a sizable bet that given a chance he can have a 3000+ year with 20TD's. One other thing, if you have watched all of his games you are aware that 2 of his picks where hail merrys thrown when he was inserted at the end of half/game by Spurrier to replace Danny W. Also 3 picks game in the Giants came last year when he replaced Brunnel in the 2nd half and the Skins were down 3 TD's - he throw almost every down.....

PM me if you want to discuss in more detail........

8. WayneChrebet

WayneChrebet New Member

smells like a challenge...

9. californiajet

californiajet Member

heres what worries me. Look at the video and tell me how many recievers are hit in stride, how many times does he anticipate where a reciever will be. Rarely. Most of his throws are to guys on deep hit routes or deep in routes. He can hit a guy dead 50 yards away but I question whether he can hit the guy on a slant over the middle when he needs to put it where the only the reciever can get it while anticipating where that spot will be.

10. Hazardous Waters

You must be shrooming.

11. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

Ramsey was wrecked by Spurrier and Gibbs kept yanking him out. Shottenheimer I bet can make Ramsey into a good QB.

12. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

13. McCluneNYJ

McCluneNYJ Active Member

Good mechanics, quick release, quick feet and a damn RIFLE.

Get the kid some protection and confidence and I guarantee you he can cause some damage around the league.

I like the Plummer comparisons. Denver doesn't ask Plummer to win games very often, thus cutting down on his mistakes. Much the same as Plummer in Denver, I think a good Oline and running game can make the most of Ramsey.

14. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

thia is the reason why denver isnt in the sb.. GREAT Qb and defense wins championships.. o wait thats what the pats did in there 3 wins and what the steelers did last year

15. chow184

chow184 New Member

plummer has half the arm ramsey has

and when you get nitpicky ramsey had more TD's and than interceptions that were his fault.

I can count 4 from 2004 that weren't his fault

Ramsey hits TE brian Kozlowski in the hands and he drops the ball,and dallas safety lynn scott dives for the ball and intercepts it.

Ramsey throws about a 25 yard pass to Coles,Coles just sits there waiting for the ball and a dallas defender pushes coles aside and gets the int.

Ramsey chucks a late game hail mary that is picked off as the last seconds tick off the clock in the game against the bengals.

vikings D-lineman tips a ball and gets the interception, our 2004 O-line was mediocre,but the 2005 version is pretty good.

16. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

his cannon is not in doubt, but he takes a lot of sacks and makes some poor decisions

he reminds me of a little bit worse drew bledsoe

but he is definitely serviceable

17. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

didnt quite work out too well in DC

18. ColezDeep!

ColezDeep! New Member

I think Schotty can work with him...like teaching him to throw away the ball when there's nothing....hopefully

19. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Nope, thanks to Spurrier and his ridiculous offense. You can't put total blame on Ramsey.

20. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

Ramsey has the tools. I would like to see him get an opportunity to work with a good teacher of the game to see how he turns out before using a High pick on a QB. We might have a diamond in the rough here.