Chris Gocong #57......

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jilozzo, Oct 15, 2007.

1. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i saw this guy in on a few plays yesterday and it made me recall that he was on the jets radar in the 06 draft....

in fact it was reported that they were all set to take him in R3 until the eagles swooped in for him.

as usual, the jets settled for sloppy seconds and took schlegel which i guess didn't work out to well...gggg

after watching Gocong a bit yesterday i cannot believe that the player scouting reports were that similar in nature to warrant the schlegel pick as a fall back option.

jil

2. Jetset

Jetset New Member

Gocong was actually picked with the pick the Jets originally had before they traded it to Eagles!!!

3. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

you are spot on with that important piece of info.....

thanks

4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

On a side note, I thought I saw Schlegel playing for the Bengals, and starting due to most of their LB's being injured.

5. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

*begin sarcasm*

You are right - Gocong has shown so much more than Schlegel:

Chris Gocong 17 12 5 0.0 1.5 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0
    Anthony Schlegel 14 9 5 0.0 3 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0

*sarcasm complete*

For the record, the Schlegel pick was dissappointing, but more often than not, that is the case with the majority of NFL picks. You win some, you lose some.

No need to continuous flog the dead horse that is Anthony Schlegel's career.
    Especially when we haven't had the obligatory "Chad sux" comment in this thread.

6. ........

........ Trolls

The only reason why the Schegel pick is quite so disappointing is because it was widely viewed as extremely questionable at the time. He wasn't a prospect who flamed out after everyone pegged him for the 3rd round. He was a huge reach.