After all this reading I realized something.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by XxAlbert84xX, Oct 14, 2007.

1. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

It is amazing how fair weather you all have become. I keep reading on how you all think mangini should be fired and how you think he is a moron for changing this defense. One thing i want to say is this. The Pittsburgh steelers have been one of the top 5 defense in the NFL. WHEN the HELL HAVE THE JETS HAD THAT?! It is easy to say that Mike Tomlin is a genius because he has a stellar defensive team. That defense was working.....when the hell was our defense ever good?!?!?! Hell Mangini actually made some players out of our horrible draft choices i mean look at Brian Thomas. This man made a team relevant that had no running back. We have him to thank for drafting such players as Revis, Harris, Brad Smith, Leon Washington and Nick Mangold. For crying out loud he made crap into lemonade for us, and the only reason we can complain about a bad season is because he made us relevant last year. HE deserves a chance to right this sinking ship and he deserves more than a one year honey moon.

We have made some bad personnel decision with the pete kendall thing. The fact of the matter is this team is getting better. You can not tell me that if that eagles player makes that great play to knock the ball out and that goes for a td you wouldnt even mention all this. Yes we are doing bad, but we have to see it as our offense line is getting better, the defense is getting better and there is still alot of football left to play. Do i think we can turn it around.....maybe not but this is our team. I get frustrated and angry watching this team too. but we have to realize that this team over achieved last year and the first six games were hell for the team. Lets give him the opportunity to make something out of nothing.

I love how you guys are also so quick to rip out the heart and soul of both sides of the ball. You want to kill vilma and chad. Chad has been spotty and does he need to play better...Yes i agree. There is no gurantee that clemens will be ready to take on the world right now. Making a decision at QB takes alot of guts and doesnt always work out for the better. The bears stuck with their crummy QB and rode his ass to the super bowl. Can this team play better, Yes. But it makes no sense to fire your head coach and trade away your defensive captian. We already know nothing will come of this year. Let this coach build off what he has.

And if you think he should be fired or you want to switch to another team than good be my guest. We don't need shitty fans like you anyway. If Chad makes that pass at the end you are praising Schotty's call and saying what a great job of making Thomas Jones matter again.......So its your choice. Stay with the team or get the hell out of here.

2. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I'm not one of those people. I'll call the team out when what they do is BS, but I wouldn't stop being a fan.

3. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

which one of these guys is you?

[​IMG]

4. Jets_Fan_in_Tampa

Jets_Fan_in_Tampa New Member

I agree about the "fire mangini" posters. The coaching carousel that we have seen over the past 15 years is part of the reason why we are here right now. You can't change the coaches, coordinators, and systems every 2.5 years and expect to win.
    I disagree with keping Chad in. Now's the perfect time to get Kellen some game experience. We aren't going anywhere this year - let's see if the kid can play

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I suppose I am one of the people you are addressing with that bolded part. I don't think any level-headed poster is saying Mangini should be fired right now. However, some of us are saying he might have to be fired IF the Jets finish 1-15 or 2-14 or 3-13.

4-12 or better and he should keep his job.

6. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

I think Clemens gets the chance but i dont think it will be before the bye week.

7. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

All the talk about firing Mangini right now is silly, but expect nothing less from Jets fans.

8. jetsfaninnc

jetsfaninnc New Member

Well said, Albert. My only disagreement is the QB situation. IMHO, a change is needed if for no other reason than to open up the field for the O.

9. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

i love the team, i watch all the games

we SUCK HARD right now

10. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

For Chad to be "spotty", that means he has had some good spots with the bad ones. Can you give me some examples of good spots?

11. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

What about 3-12-1? What then?

I don't think it's wise to make sweeping remarks like that...Let's see how the season plays out and reassess.

That being said, the team has looked terrible, and the reluctance to put in Clemens says something.

12. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

I agree. It's just Chad is ruining it.

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

3-12-1 is tough. Could go either way with that.

Seriously, 3-13 or worse with no major injuries to key players would be an awful, awful sign. (Click on my name and read some other posts I made tonight about the historical significance of a team being inept for a veteran coach.)

14. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

Most of his TD passes have been very precise and been put where only the receivers can catch the ball. Thomas Jones has only run the ball once this game and there hasn't been any rushing TDs from our running backs if i can recall.

15. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

I just read some of your posts...I guess I buy that. But it's not really worth talking about until it happens, I think. I'd rather discuss what's going on now. Like Mangini playing Chad. Or Jones looking pretty good today for once. Or Cotchery somehow putting up decent numbers when he would be better served to have a corpse behind center.

16. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

what the fuck ar eyou saying?:drunk:

17. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

More reasons than that my friend.

18. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

MOST?!?! He has SIX the whole year!!!

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If you're really amazed at 100 'Fire [Insert Name Here]' threads showing up after a loss, then you haven't been paying attention to this board in the 3 years of your membership.

20. MyFavoriteMartin5

MyFavoriteMartin5 New Member

The problem with Mangini right now is the defense seems like it has regressed a bit from where it was last year even though we got guys like Harris, Revis, and Kenyon Coleman. Also he refuses to bench Chad, which I just don't get, I mean KC can't be that bad. To me he is trying to be too team oriented and not focusing on the key players that are causing problems i.e. Penny and Barret just too name a few