The Official "Should i make this Trade?" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by German Jets Fan, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Yeah, you should decline that trade.

2. Pride

Pride New Member

Thanks for the feedback guys

3. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Just traded my Fred Taylor for his Julius Jones...an RB3 switch. I figure Jones has a better offense, so better stats...whaddya think?

4. Pride

Pride New Member

Taylor is better IMO and Jones will never get goal line. When Taylor stays healthy he is pretty good.

5. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Those two guys are completely equal right now.

6. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

tomato tomato.

you certainly didnt help yourself with this trade, but it didnt hurt either.

7. Keeprunning28

Keeprunning28 New Member

Cedric Benson for Dwayne Bowe. I have Benson now.

8. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Don't do it!

9. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

OK - Here's a tough one. In my keeper league, I just orchestrated a major trade that has left me with about 3 too many RBs (all of whom I could start if I needed to) and with only 1 good WR in a league that starts 3. So I obviously need to trade a RB for a WR. But it's harder than you think. In a 12-team league where everyone starts 3 WRs, they are hard to come by. Now, keep in mind this is a keeper league. What do you think about me trading Brandon Jacobs for Calvin Johnson?

10. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

so, you?re in a Keeper League, need a WR and have a Ton of RBs, and you could get the most promissing WR in the League for medicore RB who?s splitting carries and has little upside? What are you waiting for?

11. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Well, the fact that it's a keeper league helps because Calvin is obviously a great young player. But he's injured and has done nothing this season. My fear is that he's going to continue to do nothing and I'll want to keep another one of my other players in the off-season. Meanwhile, Jacobs's upside is limited but trading him takes away from my RB leverage that I can hopefully parlay into a startable WR.

12. brothermoose

Johnson will be the next Steve Smith as long as Martz is in town, so long term it's a no brainer...he should start putting up WR2-3 numbers when he gets healthy with the occasional goose egg. Jacobs will be in RBBC for the rest of the year, but could be worth more as it gets colder and the G-men run the ball. I'd just go with a WW WR for now and get that stud CJ for the future.

13. brothermoose

I'm offering Eli Manning, my only backup to Peyton and Frank Gore, who has a dismal offense to the guy with Westbrook...I mean, the guy puts up 10+ on a weekly plus more usually...only thing is he gets injured. But I have plan to get Buckhalter for my DeAngelo cause the guy has DeShaun Foster. Peyton should last the season after this week's bye. Then I would be left with Adrian & Chester, and Julius Jones, Buckhalter & Westbrook with no backup for Peyton. But my plan is to pick up Kellen as I figure he'll be good for 15 a week towards the end of the season. Good idea?

14. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Uh . . .

Trading Eli for Westbrook is a vetoably good trade. Do it if you can but don't be surprised if it doesn't work.

15. brothermoose

Eli and Gore for Westbrook.

16. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I'd do it. I don't think Gore is gonna do anything this year and Eli is your backup so who needs him? Maybe since Peyton is on bye this week, wait until next week to make a trade. But Peyton doesn't need a back-up as insurance for injury cuz he never gets injured.

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Pull the trigger on that trade.

18. brothermoose

My Eli for his DeShaun Foster...I am holding off to see if the other guy accepts the Westbrook trade, but this could be a good fallback plan since I already have DeAngelo. That would leave me with AP and Chester, Gore, Foster and Williams, and Julius Jones at RB.

19. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

If Eli is your back-up, I say trade him for whoever. It doesn't matter. Peyton isn't going down. But DeShaun Foster probably isn't worth it. The Foster/DeAnge combo will drive you nuts (not unlike MJD/Fred Taylor). If I were you, I would start AP and Gore every week. Yes, Gore has sucked so far but he's still a better shot to put up big stats than any of the other guys you have. There are other quality RBs out there besides DeShaun that you can gun for. My buy low RBs of the moment include Shaun Alexander, Kevin Jones, Brandon Jacobs (although probably not after tonight), and Lawrence Maroney.

20. Pride

Pride New Member

I made a couple of trades b/c its make or break time for my team and Shaun Alexander cost me2 wins the last two weeks in tight matchups.
    Trade one:

I give Eli, Alexander, Shockey
    I get: Palmer, Winslow, Chester Taylor

My take: I upgrade a lot at QB and TE and get rid of a guy I cant stand. Taylor will still split carries w/ Peterson even though it makes 0 sense. Also If Peterson goes down which he had a tendency to do in college, then I have a top 10 back in Taylor. I also hate to say it but with the bengals taking on the Jets im seein good numbers this sunday from Palmer.

Trade 2 later that night:

I give Brian Leonard, Patrick Crayton, Lee Evans
    I get Marques Colston and Travis Henry

I bought low on two guys. Hopefully Colston can begin to turn it around with the falcons coming up and Brees finally showing anything. Getting rid of evans gets me a roster spot that I need. Henry has maybe 3 or 4 more weeks and I have Selvin Young on my bench. I see it like would I rather have Leonard's next 4 games then jackson coming in to take the majority of carries or would I take henry's next 4 games when every game is crucial for me now.

at the end of the day my new lineup is
    Palmer
    Edge
    Henry
    Housh
    Calvin Johnson
    Winslow
    Colston/Chester