This is crazy.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mavericknyc1980, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

This is year 2 in a rebuilding plan for the Jets. WE are lucky to have Mangini plus he is still learning on the ropes. Last year we got spoiled with us making the playoffs. Relaxing and watch this team grow.

2. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I hope you're right. but each year we are supposed to progress,not regress.

3. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

Hard to relax when you witness poor play.....

4. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

Sometimes you have to take two steps back to take three steps foward.

5. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Exactly. I don;t think Mangini is on the hot seat or anything, but you have to allow the players to do the things they do best to help the team win, and forcing guys to try and do things they struggle it is ridiculous. We have talent on this team, but are playing at a level far below the team's capability.

6. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I was under the impression last eyar that we finally had guys who knew exactly how to build a strong team. When they let Kendall go,the red flag went up. I'm not so sure becuase we have crap for lines and tackle like pussies.

7. StlRamsMU

StlRamsMU New Member

brad smith is the future

8. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

We're baby stepping everyone! Is it we need to learn how to walk before we can run or is it we need to learn how to pass before we can run. I get that mixed up.

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

we've made the playoffs 4 of the last 6 years. making it last year was hardly anything that spoiled fans, so I don't see your point. and I don't see how having Mangini makes us lucky just because he led us to the playoffs, like I said, we made it there 3 time in 5 years without him, so he may not be the significant factor in making the playoffs at all.

and I don't buy the rebuilding argument. rebuilding infers adding to get better, but this year we have clearly subtracted and gotten worse. and if we were truly rebuilding, meaning that we are somewhat focused on future success, the 2nd round QB would be playing and not the aging vet who, as is claimed, gives us the best chance to win now.

the more you rationalize failure, the more you accept it.

10. Unfortunately, regardless of how it appears, there were bound to be bumps in the road. There HAS been a degree of progress in many individual players. the overall product has been regressive.

W/ the shape our franchise was in before this regime came along...this was bound to occur one way or another.:shit:

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The cliches on this site are really making me ill.

12. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I'm fine with watching the team rebuild but I'm not seeing the progress. If I was Mangini, I would spend every second of practice teaching guys how to tackle.

13. EarlytoRise

EarlytoRise Member

Question:

We know Mangini wants to run a 3-4. We know that we do not currently have the players to successfully run a 3-4. We hope that this offseason we pick up some 3-4 type players and get rid of some of the players on our D that aren't cutting it. Many people here are asking for 4-3 until this happens. However, should we stay with 3-4 so that the players who are still around next year are more experienced or try to salvage our dignity this year and go back to 4-3?

14. hazmat

hazmat New Member

How do you play a 4-3 when you have no pass rushers? What's the point?

15. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

We got the first part down pat.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Mangini has departed from some of the philosophies that got me on his bandwagon in the first place last season. "Competition at all positions", "Rebuilding while staying competitive" and "A different gameplan for every opponent". That's what we had a glimpse of last season, and that's what got me and a lot of people excited.

Now we have predictable and ineffective gameplans on both sides of the ball, players playing with zero confidence and less consistency all around the team (but especially in high-impact and even critical positions), and no visible competitive approach to these games. Those are some startling discrepencies that have nothing to do with the rebuild, and in my opinion why a lot of people are questioning our coaching right now.

17. Clemens 2008

Clemens 2008 New Member

I have to agree

Mangini has departed from some of the philosophies that got me on his bandwagon in the first place last season. "Competition at all positions", "Rebuilding while staying competitive" and "A different gameplan for every opponent". That's what we had a glimpse of last season, and that's what got me and a lot of people excited.

Now we have predictable and ineffective gameplans on both sides of the ball, players playing with zero confidence and less consistency all around the team (but especially in high-impact and even critical positions), and no visible competitive approach to these games. Those are some startling discrepencies that have nothing to do with the rebuild, and in my opinion why a lot of people are questioning our coaching right now.

18. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I'm right there with you. For me, it's not even the record, which is bad enough, it's the way we're losing. Even the win was against arguably the worst team in the league. And even then we barely held on for dear life.

Aside from a few areas that we already knew we're strong, like WR and Special teams, where has the progress been? That includes the coaching staff. Mangin seems timid, not aggressive. Shotty? Backsliding by the week. Sutton? Goes without saying how bad his D is performing.

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Unfourtunately, the problem is a lack of maturity or experience with young players like the Titans last year. We need a minor over haul as in Chad, DROB, Ellis, Vilma, Hobson, Dyson, Barton. Its not growth man, its change

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Unfourtunately, the problem is not a lack of maturity or experience with young players like the Titans last year. We need a minor over haul as in Chad, DROB, Ellis, Vilma, Hobson, Dyson, Barton. Its not growth man, its change