perspective

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AtlantaJet, Oct 1, 2007.

1. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

San Diego 1-3
    Chicago 1-3
    New Orleans 0-3

Teams tend to follow an up and down cycle from year to year until they have filled in all the holes in their roster and have had several years of the same coaching philosophy, ie Patriots and Colts. The team may get better as the year progresses but there is no magic bullet this year for the Jets. It really sucks but that is just the nature of the beast!

2. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I thought about that too, but it doesn;t really matter. The issue is that we are losing games.....and the fact that other teams are doing crappy is not goign to make us win.

The Jets should have won yesterday, and they came out ans sucked it up, big time. A team that comes into a game and wants to dominate because they know they should, should nto play like the Jets did yesterday.

SO, even though we're not the only ones that sucks right now, we still suck as a team and nothing any other team does will change that.

3. Lake

Lake New Member

I came in to this year expecting a drop off. With a tougher schedule and more tape for opponents to study, I thought 8-8 or 9-7 would be a great year. That being said, I never expected the Jets to look this bad, both on offense and defense.

A big shake-up is needed, right now. It can be done now, while there still might be a chance of salvaging the season, or it will be done next year, after another season of disillusionment.

4. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

I agree with you.

And you know what, teams on the rise frequently go through a bad year after their first playoff ascent.

And they benefit from that down year with better draft position and an easier schedule the following year.

This is often enough to put them over the top the next season.

Unfortunately, I have serious questions about management's ability to take advantage of this down year.

I have troubling questions about the way Mangini is coaching this season (conservative), managing the roster (arrogant and shortsided).

Need to see him rethink his philosophies before the season ends. Too cocky for our own good.

Belichick is laughing his ass off.

5. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Yeah but you know those teams can turn it around and go on a run. With the Jets there is not one glimmer of hope, the only bright spot has been CP stats... not what you want to lean on.