Jet Fan Season TIX Holder/Lawsuit Belichick (MERGED 3X)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MayoGate, Sep 28, 2007.

1. the_wanton_song

It's called vodka. Ouch.

2. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

Thanks to the Patriots, Belichick, and fat ass Bob Kraft I will never look at a football game the same way as I did before spygate. The reason is because it appears that they swept the issue of the different frequencies that the Patriots were using under the rug. They could do that since there was no evidence seized like the video camera. But you have to ask yourself, could they have used these different frequencies than the ones they were assigned by mistake and if they did why hasn't the NFL come out and said just that? It 's very clear that they were using these different frequencies to cheat by stealing the other teams radio signals or else why would they even bother? With all the preparation that goes into each game, they had time to tinker with using different frequencies when they were not going to do anything with them? I think that the fines they gave to the Patriots may be not be nothing more than damage control and the NFL doesn't want to let us know what was going on with the Patriots using the different frequencies because they may be afraid that the game will lose credibility and take a hit. The NFL it's a business after all and all the teams, players, sportscasters, not to mention the NFL itself, the players union, the equipment and uniform manufacturers and resellers don't want to jeopardize their profits. If you don't think this makes sense ask yourself why the NFL brought parity to the game with the draft and the cap. It was so that more teams would have a shot at making the playoffs to keep the stadiums full and the TV revenues up. As a fan, I think it really sucks when a team drafts some players that turn out to be really good and then they have to let them go because of the salary cap.

#42 coloradojet, Sep 29, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
  3. the_wanton_song

How dramatic.

The real problem is Mangini broke the code and snitched, and now all the other coaches will have to figure out another way to steal signals (and they will). But the problem is the other teams that were ....say.... taping signals from the press box (and don’t be naive enough to think teams were not doing this) are now going to be reluctant because of the rat coaching your team. They will place someone in the stands. Part of the game. I think th ereal reason you can never look at another football game the same is you're realizing your team isn't as good as you expected.

Jimmy Johnson had an entire video taping team during the Cowboys run http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=62502

You make this sound like it's such a big shock. Maybe you should have stopped following football in the 90's during the Cowboy dynasty.

#43 the_wanton_song, Sep 29, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
  4. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

That's why there are whistleblower laws and a code of conduct and ethics...

Some people live by them, they may not get ahead, but they don't have to give any either...

5. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

You forget that Belichikck was the only one who kept on video taping after the memo went out not to do it anymore. Did you read that Jimmy Johnson said that your coach was wrong to do it after the memo went out? You are saying in your post that every team was still video taping up to the day the Pats got caught? How do you know that? What if there were teams that were not cheating, would it still have been ok for the pats to do it because some other teams were still cheating? That's like saying it's ok to steal or kill because others do it. Belichick was apparently the only one who was above the memo not to do it anymore. So, Mangini is now the problem because now every team has to be careful when it comes to cheating? So you have a problem with trying to put a stop to cheating? I would still like to know what you think about the patriots using the different frequencies and why nothing has been said or done about it. Since using radio frequencies is only a few year old, the patriots must have gotten a head start on it over every other team. But that it is ok too. Cheating is part of the game and you are ok with it. So let's not even try to put a stop to it. I now feel so much better about watching wrestling, at least they admit that it is all staged.

6. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

[​IMG]

7. 3rdandlong

3rdandlong Member

Maybe someone should call you a WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE!

It' s a pretty simple fact of life-you f*ck with the bull, you get the horns. Your team is going to have do deal with all the repercussions of getting caught cheating-including bad press, negative news stories, litigation, gossip, and hopefully a couple of big fat asterisks!

8. 319-1-x4

319-1-x4 New Member

I love all of it. The cheating, the getting busted for cheating, the fines, the asterisks, the lawsuit(s). It makes football interesting now.

Gee, I wonder how the Patriots have been able to build a dynasty during the NFL`s most mediocre era? Oh yeah, they cheated. ************

I love it all. I hope Kraft is forced to sell his franchise, Belicheat gets banned for life and the state of Mass is no longer able to host an NFL franchise for at least 50 years.

Thats is what my punishment would have been to the Pats. Plus the fines too.

9. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

These guys sound like a couple of Ambulance chasers (see article excerpt below) but this lawsuit will keep the cheating scandal in the press for at least another year. Now my question is if any other fans will sue the NFL for destroying the films that they confiscated from the Patriots in order to "Cover Up" (Violating Racketeering Laws?) any other games where they may have cheated? Could you Imagine fans from every team that the Pats played while Belicheat was coach suing for a refund? That would be a royal mess for the NFL.

"Mayer and Afran, who consider themselves public interest lawyers, have been thorns in the side of New Jersey politicians for years, filing lawsuits and demanding investigations to advance their grievances. They are well known in the state but generally have had little success in their causes.

Both have lost bids for elected offices, and Mayer once served as a presidential campaign adviser to Ralph Nader.

Their demand in March for a probe of Gov. Jon S. Corzine's gifts to a former girlfriend was rejected by a federal prosecutor. In 2006, a judge vetoed their effort to block Corzine's appointment of Rep. Robert Menendez, D-N.J., to fill the governor's seat in the U.S. Senate.

They also failed to get a court to order a special election to replace Gov. James E. McGreevey when he resigned in 2004.

Now, they're taking on the Patriots.

Their latest lawsuit asserted that the secret videotaping violated the contractual ``expectations and rights'' of Jets ticket holders ``to observe an honest match played in compliance with all laws and regulations.''

The actions of Belichick and the Patriots violated federal and state racketeering laws, as well as the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act and New Jersey Deceptive Business Practices Act, according to the lawsuit.

``Having been a lifelong Jets fan, as soon as I heard this, I was completely outraged,'' Mayer said. ``The NFL just slapped them on the wrist. I'm a consumer lawyer, and this is consumer fraud.''

Associated Press Writer Jeffrey Gold in Newark, N.J., contributed to this report.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press."

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You know the true beauty of dopey-ass Pats fans using the word 'snitch'? It originates for the most part in organized crime, so you're basically admitting the Pats are an organization that steals to get what it has. Just a bunch of cheaters who are finally getting some comeuppance. Welcome to reality.

11. MandalayVA

MandalayVA New Member

I wonder if this guy knows the judge in DC who sued a dry cleaners for $63 million because he claimed they'd lost his pants.

Seriously, though, this doesn't exactly make Jets fans look like the best and brightest.

12. the_wanton_song

On track to asterisk number 4 this February baby!

Brady to Moss......Now that's cheating ! :lol:

13. abyzmul

Plenty of hamstrings between now and February.

14. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The law suit is pretty much ridiculous if anything they should sue the Jets and the league. The NFL has been putting out a mediocre product for years and you couple that with the model franchise in the league cheating and the creditability of the entire league is pretty much at issue. I thought at the time I was watching the Steelers Seahawks SB game that the officials stole the game from Seattle, what's next? The NFL may very well be a slick version of the WWF

15. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

This is disgusting and this guys should get kicked in the nuts. what in Gods name does this solve? all this does is eat up my taxes with this mickey mouse bullshit. the lawyer who accepted this should be disbarred and this guys season tix (and anyone else dumb enough to sign on for the ride) should be stripped of their tix and banned from the stadium.

this is just one example of whats going wrong with this country! there is no need to litigate over spygate as a fan. what a friggin asshole. now im just annoyed!

16. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

im humiliated that this guy is a jets fan....i wasnt on here for a few days and now i wish i would have missed this one completely!

17. abyzmul

Aw come on, man, if you can't see the humor in it, you're not trying. It's a frivolous lawsuit that will probably get laughed out of court, but it's funny all the same.

18. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

i cant believe that anyone here could actually defend this as something that falls into "reasonable"...how can anyone "love it"? whats worse is im sitting here fuming because some guys an asshole...and i dont even know him....and then i see stuff like "i love it" comming out of someones mouth (or keyboard).

anyone who thinks this is great is an asshole...maybe champ is right to have a spreadsheet for ppl he doesnt like on here...not really...but it sounded good for a sec.

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I also find this embarrassing. What the fuck is wrong with Jets fans?

20. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

there is zero humor in this...its pathetic and ridiculous. the fact that anyone can entertain this as anything other than an affront to jet fans everywhere behooves me. a lady sues mickey d's because shes stupid and doesnt understand coffe is hot...a guy sues for an insane number because a cleaner lost his pants...got fat kids? its fast foods fault and they should pay. its outright pathetic and a waste of my taxes that this is even entertained and a state worker has to take time from their day to actually read this complaint.

i think BB is a dick for doing what he did, and i wish we got their lost pick...but im not gonna go and sue because of anything. i went to a pats/jets game last year....i dont feel that i got cheated. BB didnt break an actual law, he brok NFL rules.

next thing were gonna here is that the guy who caught bonds record breaking homer will sue because barry was roided up....or somebody sues the chargers because merriman missed a home game.

its frivalous and disgusting and just a waste. its an embarassment. people who do this dumb shit should be taken behind the shed and shot.