If the Jets stay at #4 and #29, who do you take?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Buttle

Buttle New Member

4. Mario Williams if not available D'Brick
    29. Hard to say who is going where at the end of the 1st round lots of people seem to be moving in and out of the 1st round every day. Candidates would have to be Winston, Mangold, Hali, Greenway, Marshall, Youboty, Kiwanuka, Watson, and Lawson. I am not a fan of a RB in the 1st round but Maroney should be there and possibly Deangelo Williams.

2. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Trade down the number four. Maybe with Minnesota. Get more picks.

If not take Brick, or Hawk, or Williams.

Take O-Lineman at 29 either way.

3. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Super Mario and Mangold.

4. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Keep dreaming...Deangelo will NOT be drafted #4 overall...

5. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

I know it is boring but... OL,OL,OL,OL,OL,OL,OL

#4 Brick
    #29 Mangold (He will not be there at #35. Saints pick at #34 and just lost their center)

6. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I'm aware that is highly unlikely, we should trade down.

7. N.C. Gang Green

N.C. Gang Green New Member

#4 mario ...... go ol or if manny is still there at 29 what an unblivable combo belive me i say them every game and that kind of a combo would be hard to pass up ..... i do understand the other needs and both would be a kittle crazy but if we go three four with those tow the pick up from pitt vimla we may only need to score 3 pts a game ........... but any way good move in my opinon ..... the trade of abe :buffaloblows: :beer: :beer: :beer:

8. SuppaMan

SuppaMan New Member

hmm it would be interesting say to have this happen

4)D'Brick
    29)Lawson
    35)Mangold (guys i love him to, but he's not a first round lock by any means and we do have the 3rd pick in round 2)
    3rd round)Byrd

9. CMartinJET

CMartinJET New Member

D'Brick is the best LT prospect to come out in the last couple of years. I don't know why the hell we wouldn't take him at 4. A future Walter Jones sounds good to me.
    Plus I don't see what other Left Tackle is on the same level as D'Brick.
    1. Marcus McNeil -Huge guy who has had a chronic back problem.
    2. Winston Justice - Has had past off the field issuses and has not looked dominant
    3. Eric Winston- Tore a knee ligament and not explosive.

Again those are some of the top LT's behind D'Brickashaw.

10. J-E-T-S Fan 2006

J-E-T-S Fan 2006 New Member

Happy days

First time long time here. Actually have been a member for awhile now, just haven't felt the need to post yet. However, what a day! Abraham is finally gone, and we get a 1st rounder, and it is better than the 31 many seemed okay with when Seattle agreed. We sign Tim Dwight to a 4 year deal and have a solid PR and 4th WR...and Vinatieri goes to Indy. All in a day! Wow.

Anyway, I WOULD NOT trade up from #4 to #2. I genuinely think that 4 is the spot to be at. Bush is going #1. I can't see anyone making that great of an offer to NO to get to #2...who would make that move? Oakland? Minnesota? Oakland is a possibility, but I see them staying put and taking whichever QB drops (most likely Vince Young). And there is no way NO moves all the way to #17 with Minnesota...they want either Williams or Ferguson, who will go in the top 5. I say stay put, and I would not be shocked to see NO just take Ferguson at #2. I then see Tennessee having the tough choice between Leinart, Cutler and Young. Most see the Chow - Leinart connection and think it is a done deal, but Tennessee certainly seems to be giving Cutler a lot of time. Still, I say they take Leinart. That leaves us...and I have an idea. Most seem to think Green Bay will take Mario Williams in a heartbeat if he is there. San Francisco lost Andre Carter, their best pass rusher, to Washington...I see San Fran moving up to #4 to take Williams, and giving us their 2nd rounder to do so. Green Bay is up at #5, and they could possibly trade down, which could screw us. But they do need a NG or LB, so I think they go Ngata or Hawk. That leaves us at #6 to take Cutler. Might be a reach, but I think it is possible to get Cutler and pick up San Fran's 2nd...if not, then we just take Cutler at #4.

#29, I am on the Mangold train. I could see a OLB too, like Carpenter, Lawson or Wimbley, but I think one of those 3 might still be there at #35. So I take Mangold, and then whichever OLB is there at #35.

Happy to get my first post out there!

11. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

trade down from #4 to #9 & #41 (Detroit will be wanting Mario Williams/AJ Hawk)

#9: Vernon Davis/Jay Cutler (if either of them last this far)
    #29: Nick Mangold (if Katnik shows nothing in the program), if Katnik shows promise, than the best OL available
    #36: best OL available
    #41: best player available (LB, hopefully)

12. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

well like every year some guys fall out the top 15 to the late 1st.. i wanna see who that is. but most likely mangold or mcNeil

#32 hydro51, Mar 21, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2006
  13. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

I'd prefer to trade down, but if we stayed put, it would be Mario and Mangold. Mangold will probably be off the board, though. I'd love to see Manny Lawson fall to us (if we trade down, of course, I wouldn't take both Mario and Lawson), but I think that's less likely than Mangold falling to us.

14. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Welcome, glad to have someone with some knowledge and depth added to the board. :beer:

15. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

Cutler Mangold, far and away. And then come back at 35 and take a RT: Whitworth is my choice.

16. Bawden

Bawden New Member

I don't think taking with the #4 pick is needed we have extra money and can go through the free agent market. Even if it is a guy like Runyan for a couple years till atleast we get back on our feet. D'brick will not help THAT much as the he is only a linemen and I don't know how much time NY will give Mangini. This is'nt probably the safest and most professional route but I think it should be:

#4- Jay Cutler - Face it we need a QB. I love Chad but he can't hold up and two sugeries aren't making him any better. Next years class of QBs don't look as good as this. Let's take him now.

#29- We forgot about the RB situation. On most mock drafts they have Maroney and Addai still available. Martin himself said he only has a year or two left. At this point we can take a rb and not have to throw him in there as an every down back yet.

I know AJ Hawk and Mario Williams seem to be the picks of the week but they have said Williams wont be good in the 3-4. We picked up Kimo so itll likely be Ellis, Robertson, and Kimo (sorry bout last name) With Vilma, Barton, Hobson and Chatham Im assuming. Our defense finished 12th in the league with our offense turning the ball over some 5 times a game at some points. If we get a little bit of offense our defense will be better.

Just my thoughts.

17. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

Lets say we go qb with #4.. and maroney and mangold falls to #29 .. who would you take?

18. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

#4 Hawk
    #29 Jean-Gilles
    #35 Croyle
    3rd Drew
    Comp 3rd Eslinger

19. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

I see us trading both 1st's for the saints pick...

20. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

very possible .. wouldnt doubt it.