My 08 MOck

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Nesquik, May 6, 2007.

1. JetsLookingforDWare

Phillips is arguably the best safety prospect to come out of the U ever.

Better than Sean Taylor.

The guy is a beast.

Definitely a BPA pick.

2. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Just to clarify, he CAN be the best safety prospect to come out of UM, but he needs to play up to that next year to be at that level. He was a little disappointing last year because his expectations were so high, but I expect him to bounce back in a huge way next year. He's got the best aspects of Reed and Taylor's respective games rolled into one.

3. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Jets have a better chance of picking in the top ten in the 2008 draft, than the Raiders. Raiders had a way more impressive offseason than the jets. Care to make a wager on that one.

4. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

Just for one day I would like to live with your dillusions of grandeur

5. Force

Force New Member

Don't the Raiders have the best offseason every offseason? Talent has never been a problem for the Raiders...every other aspect of football has.

6. Coach K

Coach K New Member

no but I care to wager you typed this post after a visit out to Humboldt county, a long drive back home with the windows up and AC on, a few upholstry burns, and a 6 point turn park in your driveway.

all of your posts boil down to the raiders sucking this long as part of a plan. if its not the position coach holding them back, then the player wasnt right for the system. if the scheme changes then they just need another year to develop.

guy the raiders defense is respectable,but your offense is a joke remniscient of the bucs in the 80's. at least wait 1 year of being the biggest mockery in sports last yr before saying youll surpass a last year playoff team

7. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

I found some information on Kenny Phillips and it all seems very positive. The report says that he might be able to play some corner. That would make the Jets secondary tough to play and game plan against.. Here a snippet of what I've found: http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=423&p=8&c=1&nid=1082821

The nation's top safety prospect finished with 84 tackles, six interceptions, three fumble recoveries, four defensive touchdowns and three punt returns for touchdowns. As a junior he had 54 tackles and seven picks. Through seven games as a senior Phillips had over 50 tackles, one interception and one fumble recovery.

Scouting Report: Phillips could play either safety position but he's better suited to play strong safety at the next level because he supports the run so well. Phillips is a big hitter and physical. He runs very well and has a nose for the ball. Phillips has good coverage skills at this stage. He has a great break, hips and field awareness and is good enough to play cornerback. Phillips is very much a true student of the game, always working harder to get better in every phase of his game.

Next Question: How would Kenny Phillips and Kerry Rhodes be deployed together? Any thoughts?

8. Force

Force New Member

The blitzing possibilities would be endless.

9. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Exactly your not confident enough toput your money where you mouth is. No need to say anything else. What does that say.

10. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i dont do online betting its petty, stupid, and unreliable. how about i just spend my money, i dont need yours.

how about we just remember this. cuz no way the raiders will have a better season. the only way that happens is if.

herm ruins the chiefs (on his way there)
    cutler chokes and leaves the broncos with under 8 wins
    tedd ginn jr is the second coming of jerry rice
    jp lossman becomes a top 10 qb

and all those have to happen. not one or the other.

but all joking aside, yes I think your insane. I think the raiders are finally moving in a better direction, but no way does 1 draft guarantee anything. not to mention your all talk. you should be a politician. youve managed to buy more time with dilluted arguments producing no results for quite some time.

nobody would be bother if you said we'll be good soon. but every year its WERE ABOUT TO BREAK OUT.

ill say it again, raiders, respectable defense. offense, NEEDS ALOT OF work. a patchwork joke of a line, a rookie qb, and WR's who are only potnetially good nothing proven aside from Curry.

you guys will be tough within your division probably, but I wouldnt expect anything above 7 wins. and thats a best case scenario.

and if im proven wrong, fine. but stop talking as if the raiders are accomplished, they havent been worth talking about since gannon suited up.

#30 Coach K, May 22, 2007
    Last edited: May 22, 2007
  11. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

How about a Sig bet or something?

12. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Pretty good mock but what makes you think Cameron selects Jake Long over McFadden? We have Ronnie Brown on the sidelines while Jesse Chatman is stealing his carries. Cameron might have already made up his mind about Brown being the b-word. That and, McFadden is the perfect type of RB for his system.

13. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Thomas is staying; he's a mediocre pass rusher at best. Hobson is a free agent at the end of the year and he provides nothing in terms of pass rushing. Harris is an ILB.

14. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Andre Woodson?

15. He's the real deal. His throwing delivery is alittle strange but nothing that seems to hamper his game. It'll be interesting to see how far he takes Kentucky this season, and how he performs in the combine.

16. namath7219

namath7219 New Member

i agree on Woodson

17. KERRYRHODES25

KERRYRHODES25 New Member

18. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

I don't think it is strange. He kinda reminds me of McNabb or Brees.