Pats Punishment is in!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan2004, Sep 13, 2007.

1. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

Belli is playing chess... Commish is playing checkers... :rofl: Well, up until last week though..

2. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Until Goodell flips the table over and beats him up... :smile:

3. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

If that is the case then they are toast.

4. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

I think it's highly unlikely that the commish wants to reopen this can of worms. He wants what is best for the NFL, not a season full of controversy. JMO.

Now, it's time for me to put on my #37 jersey, set the VCR to record, and get ready for some football!:up:

5. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

Game doesn't start until 8:30pm... that's allot of recording:rolleyes:

Just messing with ya..

6. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Wishfull thinking on your part...

VCR? 1997 called... they're looking for you... Come into the 21st century and get a TiVo

7. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

8. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

9. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

Belichick is out in New England after this year , if Kraft's wife has anything to say about it. Word in New England is that she can't stand Belichick.

10. Cremmins

Cremmins New Member

How in the world could the Pats jam radio signals or intercept radio frequencies? The headset communication is administered and monitored by NFL personnel at each stadium. There would have to be a pretty big conspiracy between the Pats and the league for them to be doing this.

11. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

I'm halfway there, got a VCR/DVD player, but can't record DVD. No Tivo.

I think the turning over of the tapes to the NFL was part of the judgement, not a new investigation. If I was the commish, that's one of the first things I would have decided when this first broke, not an afterthought. I think it is just getting leaked now.

I wouldn't rely too much on Mortensens repoting on this...he is extraordianrily anti-Pats, always hated BB, since BB flipped him the bird after the Super Bowl when asked for an interview.

12. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

No shit? :rolleyes:

13. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

While I think there is more to the story, I think the book is closed. Goodell laid down a punishment that is fairly severe, and shows he did something about the situation. That said, he wants this basically swept under the rug, hopefully never to appear again. Can't blame him, this is ugly, and would only be worse if anything else came out.

As much as Jets fans want more, this one is over. The only vengence now is the opportunity in Foxboro a couple months from now.

14. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Patriots have a library on each team that they study before each game. That's pathetic.

15. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

HGH and Cheating are both breaking the rules. Right? Then why did Goodell slam Wade Smith with a suspension and slap Bellicheat on the wrist for 500,000 which Kraft will aid Bellichick with (I'm sure he will). I think with the suspension he loses game checks too. Hit them where it hurts most money and leadership and you will seee a different team show up each sunday. JMO.

16. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

This was on the CBS pre game show: The patriots have been using different frequencies than what they were assigned by NFL which they were using to jam the opposing offense communication with their QB. Plus they said something about stealing the other team playbook. I don't know exactly what they said since I wasn't paying attention to that.

17. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

All of that was swept under the rug. total bullshit. F Goodell.

18. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

They did say that the NFL has not ruled out investigating the issue of the different frequencies but Goodell also said that they are not going to investigate how long the cheating has been going on. They obviously don't want to find out that the Pats cheating helped them win their superbowls. This would be bad for business and they are probably afraid of how people will view the NFL. Of course, we already know about the tuck rule BS call that led to their first superbowl. Hopefully, if they stop cheating and don't play as well, this may be a little vindication for the other teams and their fans.

19. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

To all my Jet fan friends....

My condolences for the lloss today. You were so close....

If you watched the game long enough, you would have seen the following;

1. The cameraman was on the patriots sideline, as I stated earlier this week, but the NY media got that wrong.

2. There were 3 coaches flashing signs, in plain view for all to see, as I said earlier this week. Any dummy in the stadium could see what they were doing.

3. They showed the actual footage that was on the tape. If you watched, you would have seen that it is not possible to decipher the signs on the fly in the game, only when analyzed later.

So, you can still hate us Pats. I understand. You can call us cheaters, that's fine.

....but this idea that brady knew what the defense was doing because of the video camera is absurd.

Just had to say, "I told you so."

Also, it seems I grossly overestimated the capabilities of your O-line. I saw terrible things......

I saw baltimore rush 3 line men, and 2 came through untouched!

I saw your center at least twice snap the ball, then spin around and fall down as the defender blew by him.

I saw your Oline double team 1 player and still get driven into the backfield.

I saw, on running plays, when the ball was snapped 5 linemen stand straight up as though they were pass blocking and get tossed around like rag dolls because they allowed the defense to get their shoulders low on them.

That was terrible.

I'm not ripping ya, but you guys need to fire whoever is coaching that line.

20. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Now you can believe what you want about not being able to decipher signs but these guys are profesionals they know what they are doing. I don't know if you have any TV production experience but I have dabbled in it a little but. It's not unrealistic to think that they had the camera going upstairs to a guy watching on the booth while they were also taping it.